Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lobot
    replied
    Eric Musselman will interview with USC. I'm pretty sure if that goes well, the job is his.

Possible domino effect, Chris Beard to Arkansas

Leave a comment:

• GoBearcats31
    replied
    Steve Lutz to Oklahoma State is official
    https://twitter.com/OSUMBB/status/1774904277363769654

Leave a comment:

• swilsonsp4
    replied
    Originally posted by Oldtimer_UC_fan View Post

LOL. But his winning percentage at X was .729. Pretty darn good. And, he was the coach who started the trend of beating UC. Before him, UC dominated the series.
    Actually (and unfortunately), the Muskies' dominance of the Cats began before Gillen arrived. Bob Staak went 4-2 in the Shootouts during his six years at the helm at XU from 1979-85. Of course, that was during the nadir of UC basketball, spanning the Ed Badger/Tony Yates years.

Leave a comment:

• leo from jersey
    replied

LOL. But his winning percentage at X was .729. Pretty darn good. And, he was the coach who started the trend of beating UC. Before him, UC dominated the series.
    Oh he was good and went to Virginia. He was humble when he said he was just "Joe bag of donuts".

Leave a comment:

• Oldtimer_UC_fan
    replied
    Originally posted by leo from jersey View Post

joe bag of donuts - I remember him and Huggs almost hand shake

Leave a comment:

• GoBearcats31
    replied
    Originally posted by GoBearcats31 View Post
    WKU's Steve Lutz is the primary candidate for the Oklahoma State job, per Jeff Borzello and Pete Thamel at ESPN
    Should be official soon, per Goodman

Leave a comment:

• GoBearcats31
    replied
    Drake is hiring a Bearcat -- Ben McCollum, who has won four DII titled with the NW Missouri State Bearcats
    https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...e-ben-mccollum

Leave a comment:

• leo from jersey
    replied

Pete Gillen was a pretty good coach, imo.
    joe bag of donuts - I remember him and Huggs almost hand shake

Leave a comment:

• Oldtimer_UC_fan
    replied
    Originally posted by cpawstoney View Post

I never had any respect for Mack, in fact Skip Prosser is the only X coach I can remember that deserved any acclaim.
    Pete Gillen was a pretty good coach, imo.

Leave a comment:

• GoBearcats31
    replied
    Originally posted by Lobot View Post
    Andy Enfield is to SMU is official this morning

I’m really not sure where USC goes from here but Arrentin Page might be available.
    Muss Bus could be an option (I meant for USC, but I guess Page could also go to Arkansas like every transfer)

Leave a comment:

• Lobot
    replied
    Andy Enfield is to SMU is official this morning

I’m really not sure where USC goes from here but Arrentin Page might be available.

Leave a comment:

• Lobot
    replied
    Originally posted by Lobot View Post

Loeffler had been rumored for this job since the regular season ended. He's basically headed back to his stomping grounds. It will be interesting to see who Wes chooses to fill that spot.
    People clamoring for DerMarr out there.

Leave a comment:

• cpawstoney
    replied
    Originally posted by GoBearcats31 View Post
    Chris Mack to College of Charleston https://x.com/thefieldof68/status/17...429-7Zsp1zj4Tg

So Mack is taking over for his former assistant at X who just left to take the job where Mack used to coach.
    I never had any respect for Mack, in fact Skip Prosser is the only X coach I can remember that deserved any acclaim.
    Last edited by cpawstoney; 03-31-2024, 01:58 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Lobot
    replied
    Originally posted by swilsonsp4 View Post

Yes. This will be Loeffler's first D1 HC job.
    Loeffler had been rumored for this job since the regular season ended. He's basically headed back to his stomping grounds. It will be interesting to see who Wes chooses to fill that spot.

Leave a comment:

• swilsonsp4
    replied
    Originally posted by steveedwards View Post
    Assistant Josh Loeffler hired to be head coach at Loyola Maryland. Wasn’t he only with us for one year after leaving Johns Hopkins?
    Yes. This will be Loeffler's first D1 HC job.

Leave a comment:

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X