Houston 1/28 2:15 CBS

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • RecNizeRealBCat
    Member
    • Jan 2021
    • 113

    #121
    Originally posted by leo from jersey

    Unless, we get something from this year's and next year's frosh and from the portal, the roster will be weaker than this year's.
    Honestly, I doubt this. Vik the Swiss has building potential and will come in as a solid leader candidate. Looks as though CWM is coaching especially defense and rebounding. Skillings looks gifted, besides losing MAW, not too concerned

    Comment

    • BearKatz
      Veteran
      • Oct 2014
      • 3221

      #122
      I watched the game back n forth yesterday, knowing the final outcome... I'm just not willing to get upset watching them play!

      As far as next years team, I believe we can only be better... Never played HS or CBB, but I have seen enough of MAW & JD in a Bearcats uniform.. Both have their moments from time to time, but the bad has outweighed the good over the past 4yrs... I believe Skillings and Reed will progress, and with Griffith and James coming in, we can only get better... The biggest loss will be DDJ, and hopefully we can find a replacement from the Portal or Transfer... Also, we can not afford to lose a Vik to the portal....

      I honestly expect this team to 20 plus games next year.... Just a feeling I have! Also, I believe Nolley can come back for one more year? If that's the case we need him!

      We were talking about Transfers in another thread the last couple of weeks.... And one I forgot about, and I do not believe he was mentioned? Was Cane Broome....

      I would say, Cane was our last Impact Transfer! Played at Sacred Heart for his first two years, then with the Bearcats in 2017-19...

      We can use a couple Cane Broome's coming into next season... No more Phinisee's or Ezikpe's who make little to no impact! Players of this caliber are not getting the job done!

      I'm not a former player, just my 2cents worth!

      Comment

      • leo from jersey
        Veteran
        • Apr 2007
        • 6191

        #123
        Originally posted by RecNizeRealBCat

        Honestly, I doubt this. Vik the Swiss has building potential and will come in as a solid leader candidate. Looks as though CWM is coaching especially defense and rebounding. Skillings looks gifted, besides losing MAW, not too concerned
        what do we actually have coming back? I thought about Skillings until the last games. Has hit a wall or is he not ready against better competition. I believe losing Nolley DDJ is going to hurt. I also don't see much rebounding especially in positioning and boxing out. I see a lot of watching/
        Last edited by leo from jersey; 01-29-2023, 11:44 AM.

        Comment

        • BearKatz
          Veteran
          • Oct 2014
          • 3221

          #124
          Originally posted by leo from jersey

          what do we actually have coming back? I thought about Skillings until the last games. Has hit a wall or is he not ready against better competition. I believe losing Nolley DDG is going to hurt. I also don't see much rebounding especially in positioning and boxing out. I see a lot of watching/

          SKILLINGS
          REED
          LAKHIN
          HENSLEY
          TOLENTINO
          KIRKWOOD
          ANTHONY

          NOLLEY?

          Let me know if this looks right ?

          Comment

          • leo from jersey
            Veteran
            • Apr 2007
            • 6191

            #125
            Originally posted by RecNizeRealBCat

            I respect that. Me too but what you gonna do right now, learn from it or focus on what you don't have? They showed high level potential yesterday.
            oh I was encouraged that they didn't hide as the last few year's team has. I just think a win is a good thing. It shows the best improvement. As the good ol jersey boy Vince Lombardi said "Show me a good loser and I will show you a loser".
            Last edited by leo from jersey; 01-29-2023, 11:45 AM.

            Comment

            • leo from jersey
              Veteran
              • Apr 2007
              • 6191

              #126
              Originally posted by BearKatz


              SKILLINGS
              REED
              LAKHIN
              HENSLEY
              TOLENTINO
              KIRKWOOD
              ANTHONY

              NOLLEY?

              Let me know if this looks right ?
              Yes it does if all will come back. Will VIK be offered NIL $ to be a missing piece on a tourney team? We know it happens. Will Nolley transfer if he comes back or will he realize his draft stock is high at UC. Will Hensley go to a smaller school for PT as he is getting none at UC. Lots of ???????????????? . I hope CWM has a plan. The incoming recruits look good, but you never know. I love the Cats and I hate to lose.

              Comment

              • Rufus
                Veteran
                • Apr 2019
                • 2690

                #127
                Never mind changed my thoughts

                Comment

                • swilsonsp4
                  Veteran
                  • Apr 2007
                  • 5089

                  #128
                  Originally posted by RecNizeRealBCat

                  Landers showed he could be the difference and take heat off Vik the Swiss. Best loss I've seen from them
                  I don't understand the reference to "Vik the Swiss", considering that he's Russian.

                  Comment

                  • GoBearcats31
                    Super Moderator
                    • Apr 2007
                    • 11771

                    #129
                    Originally posted by leo from jersey

                    Yes it does if all will come back. Will VIK be offered NIL $ to be a missing piece on a tourney team? We know it happens. Will Nolley transfer if he comes back or will he realize his draft stock is high at UC. Will Hensley go to a smaller school for PT as he is getting none at UC. Lots of ???????????????? . I hope CWM has a plan. The incoming recruits look good, but you never know. I love the Cats and I hate to lose.
                    i don’t think international students can get NIL deals

                    Comment

                    • bearcatbret
                      Veteran
                      • May 2008
                      • 8440

                      #130
                      Speaking of Vic, I have to wonder if he has Russia State sponsors who could dictate where he plays.

                      Comment

                      • longtimefan
                        Veteran
                        • Mar 2009
                        • 5483

                        #131
                        Skillings and Reed both start next year. Struggles as freshman are nothing new. Reed sometimes reminds me of a young Gary Clark when he plays inside and fights for rebounds. Skillings is so dynamic, with so much upside. Lots of guys here have struggled as freshman, and lots of them are in the UC HOF.

                        Comment

                        • Carthage World
                          Distinguished Member
                          • Nov 2008
                          • 961

                          #132
                          Originally posted by bearcatbret
                          Speaking of Vic, I have to wonder if he has Russia State sponsors who could dictate where he plays.
                          Wouldn't be surprised if he ends up at the University of Idaho next season - and not for basketball reasons lol.

                          Comment

                          • Bearcats1232002
                            Member
                            • Nov 2012
                            • 367

                            #133
                            Originally posted by Oldtimer_UC_fan

                            I'm sure he's knowledgeable, but there is still no need to insult others on here. Our opinions may not be those of experts, but I didn't think we had to be.
                            I have noticed that Corporateballa gets defensive and gets very argumentative towards others opinions. Alot of times it is outwardly or thinly disguised about race. If he is a former player I guess that answers my question about why we put up with it.

                            Comment

                            • Oldtimer_UC_fan
                              Veteran
                              • Apr 2007
                              • 2006

                              #134
                              Originally posted by Bearcats1232002

                              I have noticed that Corporateballa gets defensive and gets very argumentative towards others opinions. Alot of times it is outwardly or thinly disguised about race. If he is a former player I guess that answers my question about why we put up with it.
                              Sometimes it isn't disguised at all. There is no place for it on this forum or in life.

                              Comment

                              • Oldtimer_UC_fan
                                Veteran
                                • Apr 2007
                                • 2006

                                #135
                                Originally posted by swilsonsp4

                                I don't understand the reference to "Vik the Swiss", considering that he's Russian.
                                That makes two of us.

                                Comment

                                Responsive Ad Widget

                                Collapse
                                Working...