This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by leo from jersey View Post

Unless, we get something from this year's and next year's frosh and from the portal, the roster will be weaker than this year's.
    Honestly, I doubt this. Vik the Swiss has building potential and will come in as a solid leader candidate. Looks as though CWM is coaching especially defense and rebounding. Skillings looks gifted, besides losing MAW, not too concerned

Comment

• I watched the game back n forth yesterday, knowing the final outcome... I'm just not willing to get upset watching them play!

As far as next years team, I believe we can only be better... Never played HS or CBB, but I have seen enough of MAW & JD in a Bearcats uniform.. Both have their moments from time to time, but the bad has outweighed the good over the past 4yrs... I believe Skillings and Reed will progress, and with Griffith and James coming in, we can only get better... The biggest loss will be DDJ, and hopefully we can find a replacement from the Portal or Transfer... Also, we can not afford to lose a Vik to the portal....

I honestly expect this team to 20 plus games next year.... Just a feeling I have! Also, I believe Nolley can come back for one more year? If that's the case we need him!

We were talking about Transfers in another thread the last couple of weeks.... And one I forgot about, and I do not believe he was mentioned? Was Cane Broome....

I would say, Cane was our last Impact Transfer! Played at Sacred Heart for his first two years, then with the Bearcats in 2017-19...

We can use a couple Cane Broome's coming into next season... No more Phinisee's or Ezikpe's who make little to no impact! Players of this caliber are not getting the job done!

I'm not a former player, just my 2cents worth!

Comment

• Originally posted by RecNizeRealBCat View Post

Honestly, I doubt this. Vik the Swiss has building potential and will come in as a solid leader candidate. Looks as though CWM is coaching especially defense and rebounding. Skillings looks gifted, besides losing MAW, not too concerned
        what do we actually have coming back? I thought about Skillings until the last games. Has hit a wall or is he not ready against better competition. I believe losing Nolley DDJ is going to hurt. I also don't see much rebounding especially in positioning and boxing out. I see a lot of watching/
        Last edited by leo from jersey; 01-29-2023, 12:44 PM.

Comment

what do we actually have coming back? I thought about Skillings until the last games. Has hit a wall or is he not ready against better competition. I believe losing Nolley DDG is going to hurt. I also don't see much rebounding especially in positioning and boxing out. I see a lot of watching/

SKILLINGS
          REED
          LAKHIN
          HENSLEY
          TOLENTINO
          KIRKWOOD
          ANTHONY

NOLLEY?

Let me know if this looks right ?

Comment

I respect that. Me too but what you gonna do right now, learn from it or focus on what you don't have? They showed high level potential yesterday.
            oh I was encouraged that they didn't hide as the last few year's team has. I just think a win is a good thing. It shows the best improvement. As the good ol jersey boy Vince Lombardi said "Show me a good loser and I will show you a loser".
            Last edited by leo from jersey; 01-29-2023, 12:45 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by BearKatz View Post

SKILLINGS
              REED
              LAKHIN
              HENSLEY
              TOLENTINO
              KIRKWOOD
              ANTHONY

NOLLEY?

Let me know if this looks right ?
              Yes it does if all will come back. Will VIK be offered NIL $ to be a missing piece on a tourney team? We know it happens. Will Nolley transfer if he comes back or will he realize his draft stock is high at UC. Will Hensley go to a smaller school for PT as he is getting none at UC. Lots of ???????????????? . I hope CWM has a plan. The incoming recruits look good, but you never know. I love the Cats and I hate to lose.

Comment

• Never mind changed my thoughts

Comment

Landers showed he could be the difference and take heat off Vik the Swiss. Best loss I've seen from them
                  I don't understand the reference to "Vik the Swiss", considering that he's Russian.

Comment

Yes it does if all will come back. Will VIK be offered NIL $ to be a missing piece on a tourney team? We know it happens. Will Nolley transfer if he comes back or will he realize his draft stock is high at UC. Will Hensley go to a smaller school for PT as he is getting none at UC. Lots of ???????????????? . I hope CWM has a plan. The incoming recruits look good, but you never know. I love the Cats and I hate to lose.
                    i don’t think international students can get NIL deals

Comment

• Speaking of Vic, I have to wonder if he has Russia State sponsors who could dictate where he plays.

Comment

• Skillings and Reed both start next year. Struggles as freshman are nothing new. Reed sometimes reminds me of a young Gary Clark when he plays inside and fights for rebounds. Skillings is so dynamic, with so much upside. Lots of guys here have struggled as freshman, and lots of them are in the UC HOF.

Comment

• Originally posted by bearcatbret View Post
                          Speaking of Vic, I have to wonder if he has Russia State sponsors who could dictate where he plays.
                          Wouldn't be surprised if he ends up at the University of Idaho next season - and not for basketball reasons lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by Oldtimer_UC_fan View Post

I'm sure he's knowledgeable, but there is still no need to insult others on here. Our opinions may not be those of experts, but I didn't think we had to be.
                            I have noticed that Corporateballa gets defensive and gets very argumentative towards others opinions. Alot of times it is outwardly or thinly disguised about race. If he is a former player I guess that answers my question about why we put up with it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bearcats1232002 View Post

I have noticed that Corporateballa gets defensive and gets very argumentative towards others opinions. Alot of times it is outwardly or thinly disguised about race. If he is a former player I guess that answers my question about why we put up with it.
                              Sometimes it isn't disguised at all. There is no place for it on this forum or in life.

Comment

• Originally posted by swilsonsp4 View Post

I don't understand the reference to "Vik the Swiss", considering that he's Russian.
                                That makes two of us.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X