No announcement yet.

East Carolina 2/15 7:00 ESPN+

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• quote" I also believe that the lack of bodies has led to too many minutes and fatigue at the end of games; we've seen this" unquote.

Let's say this is true, that his players are fatigued and that is the reason for the loss @ ECU. What's the reason for sitting Hensley if he's not hurt for the majority of the middle portion of the schedule?
    And if your aware that your players are fatigued and predisposed to giving up leads down the stretch, with a sixteen point lead, put in Anthony and Kirkwood to full court press just to take time off the clock and allow DDJ and MAW to catch a breath. Or go to zone defense.

I'm not disagreeing with you in all that your surmising that ties CWM hands at the moment. But I don't understand how as a coach you watch the lead continue to dwindle and stand pat on doing nothing.

Comment

• Originally posted by longtimefan View Post
      Brannen was a bad hire, and even though Bohn’s hands were kind of tied (Thanks UCLA for interviewing 20 guys before settling for Cronin) not sure he put great effort into the hire. Bohn had one foot out the door when he brought Brannen in. Because of the late hire Brannen had little chance to land quality players that first year. When he turned his back on his team after that last Houston game, another 40+ point loss, it seemed it was over; the whole team entered the transfer portal the next day. UC again had to turn late to a coach, and another year of no recruits, and hitting the transfer portal, late again, for the leftovers after the better transfers were already committed elsewhere. The ‘22 and ‘23 recruiting classes are better than any two year window from Mick Cronin, I’m going to be patient. This team will look drastically different next season.
      Different does not necessarily mean better.

Comment

• Nor does it mean worse.

Comment

• Originally posted by longtimefan View Post
          Nor does it mean worse.
          Thus, the word necessarily. I'm an optimist. I hope for the best.

Comment

• well my hope is a turnaround next year under CWM. It is that I am a fan of the cats and I hate seeing the shoddy play and poor effort on the floor. Being a fan of the Cats means I have seen excellence and not excrement.on the floor. Heck, I have even seen two national championships and a man named Robertson .I want to see it again.

Comment

• The current version of Miller and staff will not produce any better results next year even with better players. Lack of defensive effort and rebounding, no acccoutability, and poor end of game strategy are causing the current poor results against very mediocre teams in this conference.

The next 3 games will telll us a lot about what we have in Miller. If it's a repeat of last year's skid down the stretch we are in big trouble even though I agree that Miller is not going anywhere anytime soon. I'm not even saying that he should. However I am just troubled by the pattern I have seen under him so far.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gmann View Post
                The current version of Miller and staff will not produce any better results next year even with better players. Lack of defensive effort and rebounding, no acccoutability, and poor end of game strategy are causing the current poor results against very mediocre teams in this conference.

The next 3 games will telll us a lot about what we have in Miller. If it's a repeat of last year's skid down the stretch we are in big trouble even though I agree that Miller is not going anywhere anytime soon. I'm not even saying that he should. However I am just troubled by the pattern I have seen under him so far.
                Hey man, you have said it all in two short paragraphs. Good call.

Comment

• Originally posted by leo from jersey View Post
                  well my hope is a turnaround next year under CWM. It is that I am a fan of the cats and I hate seeing the shoddy play and poor effort on the floor. Being a fan of the Cats means I have seen excellence and not excrement.on the floor. Heck, I have even seen two national championships and a man named Robertson .I want to see it again.
                  Me too. I loved those days. Ron Bonham was my favorite.

Comment

• Originally posted by Oldtimer_UC_fan View Post

Me too. I loved those days. Ron Bonham was my favorite.
                    That jumper from the corner was so smooth.

Comment

• If we hadn't blown this game, we'd be in decent shape.

Comment

• Awesome win!

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X