No announcement yet.

East Carolina 2/15 7:00 ESPN+

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think nolley stands around too, no defense, bad attitude, reason y he's on 3rd school..shushIng the crowd cuz ur up 3?! after that kinda stuff backfired a couple games ago...im.over him, don't care how much he scores

saw nolley roll his eyes at wes wen he was begging for defense....wes blamed it ona bad team attitude....

I dont like everything wes does, but ima stay with him for now.., hoping culture improves....

Comment

This year’s team cannot play a complete game. They can play well for one half but not both. Look at the scores of games. They either score in one half and not the other or they play defense in one half and but not the other. The team has to figure out how to play in both halves.

Comment

I see I made the right decision to not watch this slop tonight. I did catch CWM's lame comments as if he has no control over what the team does. I'm afraid better players aren't going to fix the lack of discipline and effort under Miller.

Comment

Originally posted by Bearcat9796 View Post
          I think nolley stands around too, no defense, bad attitude, reason y he's on 3rd school..shushIng the crowd cuz ur up 3?! after that kinda stuff backfired a couple games ago...im.over him, don't care how much he scores

saw nolley roll his eyes at wes wen he was begging for defense....wes blamed it ona bad team attitude....

I dont like everything wes does, but ima stay with him for now.., hoping culture improves....
          Nolley is a cancer. Wes sure knows how to pick em. Why would we extend this guys contract? JC cannot negotiate.

Comment

The meltdown was due to not enough players. It has been the same as the past meltdowns. Too many players injured and then too many players playing too many minutes. Yes, the last 4 minutes there were way too many bad shots and yes, the team could not rebound but then again, injuries played a part of that. I get it, we are all tired of the bad losses and the apparent lack of progress but there have been times when you have praised the progress. I would say that you should wait another year but then we will be in the Big 12, the best basketball conference in the land and then you will all start to attack again. Maybe you should not have shoved Cronin out the door.

Comment

Originally posted by bearcatbret View Post
              The meltdown was due to not enough players. It has been the same as the past meltdowns. Too many players injured and then too many players playing too many minutes. Yes, the last 4 minutes there were way too many bad shots and yes, the team could not rebound but then again, injuries played a part of that. I get it, we are all tired of the bad losses and the apparent lack of progress but there have been times when you have praised the progress. I would say that you should wait another year but then we will be in the Big 12, the best basketball conference in the land and then you will all start to attack again. Maybe you should not have shoved Cronin out the door.
              At some point, the focus shifts to the man in charge. Both MC and LF left supposed very good situations. Their replacements are a downgrade.

Comment

Originally posted by bearcatbret View Post
                East Carolina. EAST CAROLINA! The same East Carolina that was without their leading scorer!

Jacked up contested 3 after jacked up contested 3 is not about injuries.

Comment

17-2 against ECU all time. That’s how bad this was.

Comment

So, next season DDJ and Ezikpe are definitely gone.

Woods, Davenport, Oguama, Nolley are eligible for the extra year. Newman and Phinisee are possibly eligible for medical redshirts. How many do we cut loose? Who goes? Where do we go for replacements?
                    Last edited by longtimefan; 02-15-2023, 11:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by leo from jersey View Post
                      CWM was embarrassed it seems. This game was in NC with his mentor in attendance.
                      He should be embarrased.

Comment

Originally posted by Rufus View Post
                        The lackadaisical play from these players and it being tolerated is getting old real fast. To continue to make no adjustments in real game time is all too familiar and too is wearing thin. To not use timeouts to attempt or even posture the idea of drawing up a defensive play is hard to sit by a stomach. Going into the big 12 is going to look alot like the Tay Baker years,
                        I’m not sure it’s tolerated. If he yanks guys out who does he put in? On the other hand, if you’re going to lose, lose with guys putting out high effort.

Comment

Originally posted by longtimefan View Post

Woods, Davenport, Oguama, Nolley are eligible for the extra year. Newman and Phinisee are possibly eligible for medical redshirts. How many do we cut loose? Who goes? Where do we go for replacements?
                          Woods won’t have many minutes with James and Thomas coming in.
                          Davenport or Nolley could have a role next year but not both.
                          Oguama will see some time next year if he stays.
                          Phinisee won’t have much of a role if he returns.
                          Newman could fit on the roster next year, but that also depends on Davenport or Nolley.

if it were my team, I would keep Oguama and wish the rest well to move on. Also, assume none of underclassmen transfer. Next year the roster could look like:
                          James, Griffith - Fr
                          Skillings, Reed, Tolentino - So
                          Thomas, Lahkin - Jr
                          Oguama, Davenport/Nolley - Sr

Three scholarships to fill with transfers or late signings.

Comment

Your just going to replace bad portal pickups with more bad portal pick ups. The portal has not been kind to us. Either it's bad evaluation, or we are just settling for what has been picked over already. And if your not playing JJ and RG then you lose them in the portal the next cycle.

Comment

Originally posted by longtimefan View Post

Only Newman and Tolentino are eligible for medical redshirts.

Phiniesee isn't based on playing in games during the 2nd half of the season. He's done.

Comment

A lot of criticism to go around in this one. 1) it was ECU’s young guys taking it to UC’s veterans late. Not great. 2) With Vik out, the plan had to be to rebound as a team. That clearly didn’t happen. 3) Another game where CWM used his timeouts oddly. UC is up 1 with the ball with 1:30 left and 2 timeouts. Instead of calling timeout they play it out and take a bad shot. The team looked gassed and that was the opportunity to stay in control and draw something up. He ended up calling the last timeout down 4 with under 3 seconds. The game was over at that point. He’s been bad in managing close games late. 4) To state the obvious, they miss Vik.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X