Memphis 2/26 2:00 ESPN2

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by John P View Post

I agree. Road wins are tough to come by and this isn't UC's strongest team we've ever had and in spite of a lot of shortcomings, UC hung in there and fought until the end. This team has improved tremendously from the beginning of the year and although we've had some setbacks along the way, we've also seen some improvements.
    Like the half full vs half empty glass, unfortunately some people only see the bad parts.
    Despite our frustrations, this team is not terrible. They probably get to 20 wins on Sunday against SMU. Would I prefer 25 wins and an NCAA bid? Sure, but I'm not going to complain about 20 with a roster that's still somewhat in flux with holdovers from the last coach.
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• Originally posted by Geaux Juan View Post

I finally tried to figure out how the Block feature works on this site. By blocking one poster I knocked the number of pages to scan from 7 down to 4!
      NICE!!! Thank you 😊

My son starts UC MedSchool August ‘19 Black/Red

Comment

• Originally posted by Lobot View Post

Despite our frustrations, this team is not terrible. They probably get to 20 wins on Sunday against SMU. Would I prefer 25 wins and an NCAA bid? Sure, but I'm not going to complain about 20 with a roster that's still somewhat in flux with holdovers from the last coach.

Exactly!!!!!!!

Comment

• I am not going to get excited about 20 wins over a bunch of cr@p schools, either. Throw in some bad losses and it looks worse...and I am including an OSU. And censorship is a great way to make sure you don't hear opinions you don't like.

Comment

• I don't always agree with everything I read on here, but I still respect everyone and do not block anyone. After all, we all want the same thing....a top flight athletic program, and one we can be proud of.

Comment

• Originally posted by hipal88 View Post
              I am not going to get excited about 20 wins over a bunch of cr@p schools, either. Throw in some bad losses and it looks worse...and I am including an OSU. And censorship is a great way to make sure you don't hear opinions you don't like.
              Your hatred of crap schools is fair. Nobody likes playing buy games against subpar teams. Cronin used to load up on them in the non conference schedule to get Ws. Although, We may have to do that again with the Big 12 schedule we have coming. Seems like no matter who the coach is we have a couple of clunkers every year.
              Last edited by Lobot; 02-27-2023, 04:24 PM.
              Brent Wyrick
              92 Final Four Front Row
              @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• Originally posted by Oldtimer_UC_fan View Post
                I don't always agree with everything I read on here, but I still respect everyone and do not block anyone. After all, we all want the same thing....a top flight athletic program, and one we can be proud of.
                agreed 100 percent and again, people take their frustrations out differently.
                Last edited by leo from jersey; 02-27-2023, 09:23 PM.

Comment

• This current Cincinnati team appears to always play two opponents every time they play: themselves and the other team on the floor. On Sunday, they beat themselves. Just from watching this UC team, it is not about how many turnovers over an entire game, its about where in the game those turnovers come. If you think about it, UC has gotten behind early and eventually lost about 5 games the way they lost to Memphis this season. We blame Miller a lot for losses, but Sunday's loss was on the players. To the extent that they were not prepared to deal with Memphis' pressure is on Miller. Let's face it, this team DOES NOT KNOW HOW TO WIN games against nationally competitive teams. Penny Hardaway has been a college head coach for 5 years. Miller has been a college head coach for 12 years. In 4 games playing Memphis, Miller has come close to beating Memphis only once and that was not that close. The program is moving forward slowly. The team is better than last year. There is no doubt about that. However, there is a slight sense of a let down because we all felt that this could be an NCAA tournament team. Miller's biggest problem is his defense gives up too many points to be nationally competitive. Over the two years as head coach, Miller has lost 73% of his games when the team has given up 70 or more points. Miller has lost 26 games since he has been at UC. His teams have given up 70 or more points in 19 of those games. This year alone Miller has lost 11 games. Guess what, UC has given up 70 or more points in 10 of those games. Until the man can figure out a defense that is NOT scored on as much, the team will be back in this position over and over again. The pressure is really starting to grow against Miller. He is now about to enter the BIG 12. Wow!!

Comment

• Originally posted by hipal88 View Post
                    I am not going to get excited about 20 wins over a bunch of cr@p schools, either. Throw in some bad losses and it looks worse...and I am including an OSU. And censorship is a great way to make sure you don't hear opinions you don't like.
                    If we do beat SMU this weekend and hit "20 wins", our fanbase must acknowledge that:

-1 of those wins came against a so-so D2 team that is under .500 in their conference.
                    -11 of those wins were in Q4 games (beating SMU on Saturday would be in this category)
                    -5 of those wins were in Q3 games
                    -2 of those wins were in Q2 games
                    -1 of those wins was a Q1 game (which is still a borderline Q2 game)

3 quality wins out of 20. Nothing to celebrate at all.

Comment

• I remember when we had Mick and we had great defense but not so much offense. His teams also took care of the basketball and knew how to win. But we complained about not winning the big one. Now we have arguably a better offense but lack in defense and have trouble holding onto a ball that doesn't have a handle. And we can't get into the door to play the big one. So frustrating. Is it all that hard to put things together?????

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X