2024/2025 Roster

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by longtimefan View Post
    Rayvon was here practicing all last year so he should have a leg up on the two Tylers. I just want to see everybody get a chance to earn PT in practice.
    That's the way it should be and seems to be that way with CWM ( for the most part ) but in real life today very few 4 star recruits are going to sit for very long, not with NIL money being offered and it being so easy to transfer. I have said it before on this forum but I would not in any way be a division 1 football or bball coach in today's musical chair environment. Having all this talent is a good problem to have but keeping everyone happy is not.

Comment

• Scott Springer confirming Fredrick’s return to UC https://x.com/sspringersports/status...429-7Zsp1zj4Tg

Seems Jon Rothstein had it first
      Last edited by GoBearcats31; 05-21-2024, 11:01 PM.

Comment

• Great roster. Other than Mitchell, Reed, and Thomas, where is the defense going to come from (especially on the perimeter)? Also, with all of this talent, the biggest wildcard and elephant in the room is Miller and his coaching. Miller is going into his fourth year. This is perhaps the most loaded UC team since Huggins' team during K. Martin's last year. The problem for Miller is he now has a very small tolerance for losses. With all of this talent, with every loss, the attention will be focused on Miller and his capabilities. After every loss, fans will be inclined to think that there is no way it is the players' fault (because of all of the talent). Therefore, it must be the coaching.

Make no mistake about it. Next season is going to be a BIG year for UC basketball. I cannot every remember expectations for UC basketball being so high. This may be even a BIGGER year for Miller. The expectations for him are UP THROUGH THE ROOF. I am an optimist by nature, and I also have high expectations for the upcoming season for UC basketball. Hopefully, Miller's defensive systems have evolved as the roster has evolved. It will be a mistake to think that this UC team can JUST outscore the other team.

This is exciting. Here is hoping that this UC roster is a championship roster.

Comment

• Originally posted by leeraymond View Post
          Great roster. Other than Mitchell, Reed, and Thomas, where is the defense going to come from (especially on the perimeter)? Also, with all of this talent, the biggest wildcard and elephant in the room is Miller and his coaching. Miller is going into his fourth year. This is perhaps the most loaded UC team since Huggins' team during K. Martin's last year. The problem for Miller is he now has a very small tolerance for losses. With all of this talent, with every loss, the attention will be focused on Miller and his capabilities. After every loss, fans will be inclined to think that there is no way it is the players' fault (because of all of the talent). Therefore, it must be the coaching.

Make no mistake about it. Next season is going to be a BIG year for UC basketball. I cannot every remember expectations for UC basketball being so high. This may be even a BIGGER year for Miller. The expectations for him are UP THROUGH THE ROOF. I am an optimist by nature, and I also have high expectations for the upcoming season for UC basketball. Hopefully, Miller's defensive systems have evolved as the roster has evolved. It will be a mistake to think that this UC team can JUST outscore the other team.

This is exciting. Here is hoping that this UC roster is a championship roster.
          There's probably room to debate whether this (as yet untested roster) is stronger than the 2017-18 team that collapsed against NV. I seriously doubt that it's as strong as the 2001-02 team with Steve Logan, Leonard Stokes and others that were a #1 seed in The Dance.

Comment

• Originally posted by swilsonsp4 View Post

There's probably room to debate whether this (as yet untested roster) is stronger than the 2017-18 team that collapsed against NV. I seriously doubt that it's as strong as the 2001-02 team with Steve Logan, Leonard Stokes and others that were a #1 seed in The Dance.
            I'm more concerned with the chemistry of the incoming roster than the talent level tbh. Lots of talent but if they don't get along and can't play as a team it doesn't matter.
            Brent Wyrick
            92 Final Four Front Row
            @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• Originally posted by Lobot View Post

I'm more concerned with the chemistry of the incoming roster than the talent level tbh. Lots of talent but if they don't get along and can't play as a team it doesn't matter.
              Every team has that same concern.

Comment

• Originally posted by swilsonsp4 View Post

Yeah, I agree with you. However, this team has a lot of individual player experience. There are only three players on next year's roster that DOES NOT have D-1 experience or extensive experience (Betsy, Griffith, and McKinney). Also, these three young guys are freshmen (with Griffith being a red shirt). Next year's team should have a very solid 9 player rotation at a minimum (where CJ, Betsy, Griffith, and McKinney are truly question marks). Even so, these four guys are well thought of as capable players. As was pointed out by Labot, it probably will all boil down to CHEMISTRY.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lobot View Post

Good point.

Comment

• My hope is that CJ stays healthy because I believe that he is the leader and the calming voice for the team that is much needed. He has more experience at the high level (at Iowa and KY) than any other player on this team. As several articles written about the Big 12, if UC wins those close games this year, the Bearcats will be dancing.

Comment

• Originally posted by bearcatbret View Post
                      My hope is that CJ stays healthy because I believe that he is the leader and the calming voice for the team that is much needed. He has more experience at the high level (at Iowa and KY) than any other player on this team. As several articles written about the Big 12, if UC wins those close games this year, the Bearcats will be dancing.
                      He would answer a major question. I would like to see him and Simas together with Mitchell and JJ. I think Hickman might be a good add too, but Aziz needs in.

Comment

• Originally posted by bearcatbret View Post
                        My hope is that CJ stays healthy because I believe that he is the leader and the calming voice for the team that is much needed. He has more experience at the high level (at Iowa and KY) than any other player on this team. As several articles written about the Big 12, if UC wins those close games this year, the Bearcats will be dancing.
                        I like CJ and think he is a great scorer. However, based on his D-1 track record, does anyone really expect that CJ's body can take the rigors of big-time college basketball? When is the last time that CJ has completed a full season without being hurt or unable to play? When I think of the major contributors for UC basketball for the upcoming season, I doubt if CJ will play a major role. Any thoughts about that?

Comment

• Originally posted by leeraymond View Post

I like CJ and think he is a great scorer. However, based on his D-1 track record, does anyone really expect that CJ's body can take the rigors of big-time college basketball? When is the last time that CJ has completed a full season without being hurt or unable to play? When I think of the major contributors for UC basketball for the upcoming season, I doubt if CJ will play a major role. Any thoughts about that?
                          I also agree, but will take a wait and see approach. Thankfully the Cats have depth this year as CJ hurt the team last year. Who has his shot? Hickman?

Comment

• Rothstein—Source: Aziz Bandaogo has withdrawn from the 2024 NBA Draft and will return to Cincinnati next season.

Comment

• Dillon Mitchell en route

https://x.com/dillonmit_23/status/17...A2NHZ_hNyS2mFg

Comment

• Aziz coming back helps with the final roster, though I think it was 99% or greater that he was coming back when he decided to test the NBA waters.

New Projected Starting 5:

Jizzle
                                Skillings
                                Simas
                                Mitchell
                                Aziz

Last edited by red_n_black_attack; 05-30-2024, 07:18 AM.
                                Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X