No announcement yet.

2024/2025 Roster

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Take it for what it's worth, but UC has a 2024-25 roster up that so far includes all the returning guys (no freshmen, transfers -- obviously not officially enrolled yet, no official photos) and C.J. Fredrick is listed https://gobearcats.com/sports/mens-basketball/roster Obviously this does not guarantee anything about him or anyone for that matter, but certainly there has been no indication he isn't staying.

Also, as a reminder, UC still has a coaching staff opening from when Loeffler left for Loyola.

Comment

• If CJ is going, today's the day. Portal entry closes at Midnight.
      Brent Wyrick
      92 Final Four Front Row
      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• Originally posted by GoBearcats31 View Post
        Aziz posted to social media that he will go through the draft process "but plan to finish my college career at UC. Let's do something special. Go Bearcats."
        Aziz is one of 195 players to have filed as early entry candidates for the 2024 NBA Draft. He must withdraw by May 29 to retain college basketball eligibility.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lobot View Post
          If CJ is going, today's the day. Portal entry closes at Midnight.
          CJ may elect not to continue playing basketball on an athletic scholarship, so the portal deadline may not mean much.
          Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

• Originally posted by red_n_black_attack View Post

CJ may elect not to continue playing basketball on an athletic scholarship, so the portal deadline may not mean much.
            Very true.
            Brent Wyrick
            92 Final Four Front Row
            @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Very true.
              It would still be nice if he'd let people know so we could fill his spot, one way or another.

Comment

• Originally posted by Oldtimer_UC_fan View Post

It would still be nice if he'd let people know so we could fill his spot, one way or another.
                I'm sure the staff already know.

Comment

• Originally posted by swilsonsp4 View Post

I'm sure the staff already know.
                  You're probably right.

Comment

If CJ is going, today's the day. Portal entry closes at Midnight.
                    It may be best if UC moved on FROM CJ. The problem is his body cannot take the rigors of high-level basketball. God bless him. I know that he wants to play. However, his body is not built for the constant beating that the body takes running up and down the HARDWOOD. It is time to cut ties with CJ and move on. It is not always pretty, but sometimes for the good of the program, these actions are necessary. Good luck to CJ.

Comment

• Originally posted by leeraymond View Post

It may be best if UC moved on FROM CJ. The problem is his body cannot take the rigors of high-level basketball. God bless him. I know that he wants to play. However, his body is not built for the constant beating that the body takes running up and down the HARDWOOD. It is time to cut ties with CJ and move on. It is not always pretty, but sometimes for the good of the program, these actions are necessary. Good luck to CJ.
                      I disagree partially. Miller could keep him on board as a student coach or similar role. He could practice with the team and see how his health holds out.

Comment

• Originally posted by leeraymond View Post

If Miller & Company didn't want Fredrick, they'd have let him know long ago. I expect him to suit up for the Cats.

Comment

• Something that would benefit all parties would be great. You definitely don't want the bad press of cutting him lose. His uncle Joe runs 700WLW.
                          Brent Wyrick
                          92 Final Four Front Row
                          @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Something that would benefit all parties would be great. You definitely don't want the bad press of cutting him lose. His uncle Joe runs 700WLW.
                            I said all along . It is hard to cut a local. Especially one with noted relatives.

Comment

• His relatives are not noted and Joe definitely does not run WLW or hold any sway. Cronin did not want cj and there was no fallout from that. Turns out Cronin was probably right on that one. I say move on.

I have personal knowledge of what I write.

Comment

• Originally posted by hipal88 View Post
                                His relatives are not noted and Joe definitely does not run WLW or hold any sway. Cronin did not want cj and there was no fallout from that. Turns out Cronin was probably right on that one. I say move on.

I have personal knowledge of what I write.
                                You may be surprised how big a sway Joe may have. If I remember, there were some big named teams after CJ.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X