2023-2024 College Basketball general discussion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
    McCullar was trash talking Shaka Smart after a made three in front of the Marquette bench. Smart was not happy about it and headed for Bill Self and things got stupid after that and the benches cleared. No major damage done. I think it was during a time out so I'mnot sure any suspensions are forthcoming.

ECU apparently hit a half court heave yeaterday and fans rushed the floor after beating........Kennesaw. What is that?
    Don't knock the Pirates' fans. That was a huge win. Afterall, Kennesaw State is ranked #225 in KenPom.

Comment

Curious if anyone else saw the Arizona vs Michigan St. game today. March level basketball in November.
      Brent Wyrick
      92 Final Four Front Row
      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Memphis off to a 5-0 start. Beat Michigan and Arkansas to make the finals in Battle 4 Atlantis. Face Villanova for the title. Also took down Missouri earlier this month.

Comment

Arkansas is 4-3

Jeremiah Davenport has played 6 games, averaging 3.3 points and 1.3 rebounds in 13.8 mins.

JD is 4/18 from 3 and 6/25 overall from the floor.

Comment

Originally posted by GoBearcats31 View Post
            Arkansas is 4-3

Jeremiah Davenport has played 6 games, averaging 3.3 points and 1.3 rebounds in 13.8 mins.

JD is 4/18 from 3 and 6/25 overall from the floor.
            Yeah, he’s struggling, but he’s a good guy, and I hoped he’d do well there. As we’ve seen so far this season, there was no really no place for him in our lineup, and he helped UC by leaving; I don’t mean that as an insult. Some guys transfer out, and I don’t want to see them again, but as far as I’m concerned JDIII is always welcome back.

Comment

Kentucky may be good again?

Comment

Some Wednesday results of possible note/interest:

- Arkansas--dropped out of the polls--beat #7 Duke
                - #10 Tennessee-after falling to Purdue and Kansas last week--lost at #17 UNC
                - Virginia topped #14 Texas A&M
                - Villanova--winner of the Battle 4 Atlantis--has now dropped games to both Penn and St. Joe's
                - #20 Colorado State is undefeated, most recently beating Colorado
                - OSU crushed Central Michigan and could find itself into the Top 25 soon
                - Louisville squeaked past Bellarmine, which topped the Cards last year
                - Georgetown survived against Merrimack with the help of three missed layups on the final possession

Comment

Some Wednesday results of possible note/interest:

- Arkansas--dropped out of the polls--beat #7 Duke
                  - #10 Tennessee-after falling to Purdue and Kansas last week--lost at #17 UNC
                  - Virginia topped #14 Texas A&M
                  - Villanova--winner of the Battle 4 Atlantis--has now dropped games to both Penn and St. Joe's
                  - #20 Colorado State is undefeated, most recently beating Colorado
                  - OSU crushed Central Michigan and could find itself into the Top 25 soon
                  - Louisville squeaked past Bellarmine, which topped the Cards last year
                  - Georgetown survived against Merrimack with the help of three missed layups on the final possession

From what I heard the announcers saying, Arkansas was the only SEC Team to win in the ACC/SEC Challenge if I heard correctly.

Comment

Originally posted by BearKatz View Post

From what I heard the announcers saying, Arkansas was the only SEC Team to win in the ACC/SEC Challenge if I heard correctly.
                    I see three SEC teams won on Tuesday, three (including Arkansas) on Wednesday

Comment

Dayton came down here to Moody Coliseuem and beat SMU at home last night.
                      Brent Wyrick
                      92 Final Four Front Row
                      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
                        Dayton came down here to Moody Coliseuem and beat SMU at home last night.
                        Hey Lobot - is SMU supposed to be improved this year? I missed most of the game. Got home in time to see the last 5+ minutes on TV. Good win for the Flyers as they hadn’t won a non-conference road game in a while.

This will be an interesting matchup for the Bearcats. UD lost PG Malachi Smith to a season ending knee injury, leaving them with only 1 PG. Holmes is good. plays outside a lot like Vic, but a rotation of Vic & Ody on him may neutralize him. Nate Santos is a good 4 who transferred from Pitt. Tough matchup for Skillings (if Vic/Ody are guarding Holmes). Leave Aziz near the basket to protect the rim and rebound. I’ll be very curious to see how UC lines up on defense. If the Bearcats are hitting 3s, they get a good win. If not, could be close.

I’ll be there, but will be in the UD section. So I may have to be a little tamped down in my cheering.

Comment

Originally posted by bba_1979 View Post

Hey Lobot - is SMU supposed to be improved this year? I missed most of the game. Got home in time to see the last 5+ minutes on TV. Good win for the Flyers as they hadn’t won a non-conference road game in a while.
                          Couldn't tell you, You have to click on links that go 5 or 6 pages deep to find them in the news down here half of the time. They were 5-4 after that game I think so things are looking up a bit. I just looked at their scheudle and they've beaten WVU and lost to Wiscy and Texas A&M. The rest of their schedule is nobodies.
                          Brent Wyrick
                          92 Final Four Front Row
                          @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Bronny James cleared to play at USC after heart issue this summer
                            https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...ay-heart-issue

Comment

#1 Purdue upset in Evanston by Northwestern

Comment

Kentucky may be good again?
                                And proceeds to lose at home to UNC Wilmington

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X