2023-2024 College Basketball general discussion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Goodman:

Louisville AD Josh Heird met with multiple Louisville players today to get their thoughts on Kenny Payne and entire situation with the program before making decision, sources told @TheMessenger.

Source said Heird leaning towards making a move with Payne “fairly soon.”

Comment

MSU crushing Baylor with 11 mins to go 63-37

Comment

Originally posted by GoBearcats31 View Post
        Goodman:

Louisville AD Josh Heird met with multiple Louisville players today to get their thoughts on Kenny Payne and entire situation with the program before making decision, sources told @TheMessenger.

Source said Heird leaning towards making a move with Payne “fairly soon.”
        That's an overdue move. They are awful and I don't get how they ended up here.
        Brent Wyrick
        92 Final Four Front Row
        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

I almost never root for Ohio State, but it’s good to see Mick Cronin lose. Another one of those games where Mick’s team scores 60, and loses.

Comment

UCLA has dropped to 5-5 after a loss to Cal State Northridge - #77 KenPom, #156 NET

Wonder if Mick could somehow turn struggles at UCLA into a head coaching gig in Louisville

Comment

Originally posted by GoBearcats31 View Post
              UCLA has dropped to 5-5 after a loss to Cal State Northridge - #77 KenPom, #156 NET

Wonder if Mick could somehow turn struggles at UCLA into a head coaching gig in Louisville
              @latbbolch
              I asked Mick Cronin if a loss like this makes him question roster construction and he said, alluding to NIL challenges: "We did what we could do. Is your question, ‘Did we try to get older transfers?’ Absolutely. So did the Reds, but the Dodgers get them."

Comment

This is one of those typical half-truth statements by Cronin. By the foreign signings they made they definitely had a plan, and I don't blame Cronin if he doesn't want to deal with player/money mess. But as far as the baseball-basketball analogy, UCLA was buying players when buying players wasn't cool.

Comment

Transfer waiver process go bye bye.

https://sports.yahoo.com/college-lea...220511501.html
                  Brent Wyrick
                  92 Final Four Front Row
                  @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Here's a pretty good analysis of who's a Blue Blood by the Athletic staff. They placed power conference programs in tiers based on set criteria. ($)

UC end ended up in Tier 3. Xavier in Tier 4. IU in tier 2. UCLA and UConn in Tier 1.

https://theathletic.com/5128979/2023...duke-ucla-unc/
                    Brent Wyrick
                    92 Final Four Front Row
                    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
                      Here's a pretty good analysis of who's a Blue Blood by the Athletic staff. They placed power conference programs in tiers based on set criteria. ($)

UC end ended up in Tier 3. Xavier in Tier 4. IU in tier 2. UCLA and UConn in Tier 1.

https://theathletic.com/5128979/2023...duke-ucla-unc/
                      Nice to see IU dropped, and we will see Loserville start dropping quickly. I just simply disagree with Florida and Houston being that low. Wow, Depaul has really dropped off. I mean they may have been lower Tier 3 at best during the Great Midwest days, but still didn't expect to see them that low.
                      Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

Originally posted by red_n_black_attack View Post

Nice to see IU dropped, and we will see Loserville start dropping quickly. I just simply disagree with Florida and Houston being that low. Wow, Depaul has really dropped off. I mean they may have been lower Tier 3 at best during the Great Midwest days, but still didn't expect to see them that low.
                        UC is ahead of Xavier solely on their full body of work/history -- clearly XU has been the better program in modern times. With that in mind, Houston has done nothing since the 1980s until the last few years. And they do not have a great fanbase. I am comfortable with them where they are.

Comment

Both FSU and Michigan just had bad losses at home.

Comment

Originally posted by bearcatbret View Post
                            Both FSU and Michigan just had bad losses at home.
                            McNeese State are a decent team this year. The Cowboys are #77 in KenPom (MI #62).

The Seminoles, though, are well below their recent standards (#103). The team that just beat them, Lipscomb, are #138. It's believable that the Bisons could knock off FSU.

Comment

Random observation/thoughts -- just did some quick poking around on #16 Clemson (10 NET, 19 KenPom).

Team finished 17-16 in 2022, 23-11 last year where I believe they may have been the top team left out of the NCAA Tournament field. Looked up their roster on ESPN, and it appears that only one player in their rotation (second-leading scorer Joseph Girard from Syracuse) is a transfer. They have a few other transfers, but the entire core of the team minus Girard consists of returning Clemson players.

Comment

Seth Davis' stock report https://themessenger.com/sports/ncaa...-report-part-1
                                Cincinnati
                                (11-2, No. 37 NET)
                                HTSR rating: Sell

The Bearcats lost their two toughest nonconference games to Xavier and Dayton, although they did notch a 35-point win over Georgia Tech on Nov. 22. Beginning on Saturday, however, Cincinnati will embark on its first season in the Big 12, and it appears it will do so without C.J. Fredrick, the 6-foot-3 super senior guard who transferred from Kentucky but is sidelined indefinitely by a hamstring injury. Cincinnati’s two big men, Aziz Bandaogo and Jamile Reynolds, joined the team late after they received waivers, but their presence won’t be enough to overcome the questions at point guard and the brutal schedule ahead.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X