2023-2024 College Basketball general discussion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• After Wake upset Duke on Saturday:
    "one of the fans caught the knee of Duke’s Kyle Filipowski as he was trying to exit the court. The Duke big man then had to be carried off the court by his teammates."
    Court Storming is the Dumbest Tradition in American Sports (heartlandcollegesports.com)

Comment

• I like dumb traditions. If I'm a player in that situation, I'm either standing still or walking toward the rushers. Trying to walk across a crowd of running people is inviting a collision. Same thing with the Caitlin Clark incident. And much like that one, it turns out no one was actually injured.

I do think they should hold students back until the opposing players are off the court. But I don't want to see an end to court storming.

Comment

• First conference tournament games begin tonight with the first AQ bids going out this weekend.

Comment

• I just saw the halftime score of the Pacific @ Pepperdine game, the Waves' first since they let Lorenzo Romar leave: Pepperdine 56, Pacific 9. That is not a misprint.

Comment

• Originally posted by swilsonsp4 View Post
            I just saw the halftime score of the Pacific @ Pepperdine game, the Waves' first since they let Lorenzo Romar leave: Pepperdine 56, Pacific 9. That is not a misprint.
            Wow. That's insane. Gotta be some kind of record.

Comment

• I believe Romar was still on the bench. He'll stay until the Pepperdine season closes out.

Comment

• Jeremiah Davenport went for 5/5/4 in a Senior Night win for Arkansas earlier this week
                https://arkansasrazorbacks.com/arkan...-win-over-lsu/

Comment

• Considering changing the NCAA to 80 teams. Bubble Watch 2024: Brace yourself for NCAA tournament drama - ESPN

Comment

• The X Men lost at home to Marquette w/o Tyler Kolek. 15-16 and I believe in the 8/9 Big East game with Butler. May still be able to get in the NIT with a losing record (would need 2 wins in NYC to finish at least .500), I think.

Comment

• Stetson, whom UC knocked off in December, just won the Atlantic Sun, for their first trip to the NCAA Tourney. Jalen Blackmon was incredible. He finished with 43 points, 5 rebounds and 3 assists.

The Hatters outran the Austin Peay Governors, 94-91.

Comment

• Originally posted by swilsonsp4 View Post
                        Stetson, whom UC knocked off in December, just won the Atlantic Sun, for their first trip to the NCAA Tourney. Jalen Blackmon was incredible. He finished with 43 points, 5 rebounds and 3 assists.

The Hatters outran the Austin Peay Governors, 94-91.
                        so we should aim at getting into the Atlantic Sun - or just do away with automatic bids?

Comment

• Originally posted by leo from jersey View Post

so we should aim at getting into the Atlantic Sun - or just do away with automatic bids?
                          Neither ...

Comment

• Several autobids have gone out, and tonight is the seemingly annual Gonzaga versus Saint Mary's WCC final (though both will be making the tourney regardless).

Big 12 (K.C.), ACC (D.C.), A10 (Brooklyn) among the tourneys starting today.

Comment

• Richard Deitsch:

Greg Gumbel won't be working the tournament this year as he deals with family health issues. Look for Ernie Johnson to pick up more studio time.

https://awfulannouncing.com/cbs/greg...udio-show.html

Comment

• Wagner College (Staten Island, NYC) has played their last 18 games with just 7 healthy scholarship players.

Tonight, as the #6 seed, they play #1 seed Merrimack for the NEC tournament championship.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X