Howard 11/28 7:00 ESPN+

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by coach View Post
    If you shoot 3/18 from 3 against anybody they are going to be close. Good news is these are game in the past 4/5 years we would have lost.

Exactly, the last 4 seasons we would have lost those games! Wes did a great job IMO of playing a few of these smaller schools this year that won their conferences and played in the Tourney as bearcatbret said!

Comment

• Good article from Scott Springer on Jizzle James, who made a big impact versus Howard https://www.cincinnati.com/story/spo...s/71768869007/

Comment

• Originally posted by DesertFog View Post

...... I also was surprised at the poor attendance. I would have thought that a big name basketball program like UC playing at Howard would be a big draw. Was it promoted at Howard?
        From my very thick files of why I love UC so much - on New Year's Eve 1993, UC was scheduled to play at Austin Peay. I had some friends down there so I thought it would be nice to hook up with them and take them to the game. I called the UC ticket office and asked to buy tickets. I was told there were no tickets left, and figured big-time program in Clarksville, TN, yeah it's probably would be sold out.

So we stayed in Cincy and went to a NYE party. I asked if I could turn on the UC game and they said sure. One could have fired a cannon across the arena and not hit anybody.

My circumstances notwithstanding, sometimes our opinions are inflated by what we think the home team should thing about us.

Comment

• Originally posted by Geaux Juan View Post

From my very thick files of why I love UC so much - on New Year's Eve 1993, UC was scheduled to play at Austin Peay. I had some friends down there so I thought it would be nice to hook up with them and take them to the game. I called the UC ticket office and asked to buy tickets. I was told there were no tickets left, and figured big-time program in Clarksville, TN, yeah it's probably would be sold out.

So we stayed in Cincy and went to a NYE party. I asked if I could turn on the UC game and they said sure. One could have fired a cannon across the arena and not hit anybody.

My circumstances notwithstanding, sometimes our opinions are inflated by what we think the home team should thing about us.
          Clarksville is a big military town. That area is big into wine parties by the locals. That is not a big area for sports. Wilma Rudolph did come from there and there is a nice museum. Heck, when Born ready came to Jersey and played Seton Hall, the area was not full. He was a semi local too. The defense almost made me walk out. I spoke to Hep about it and George Jackson. They were embarrassed. The jets knocked the bengals out of the playoffs that night too. We did go to a nice restaurant after though.

Comment

• Originally posted by Corporateballa View Post
            Howard is an HBCU founded in 1867 just after the Civil War. Howard was the first University in Americas to give blacks the opportunity to become medical doctors. My great uncle Dr. Earnest A. Just (google him) is a Howard grad. My son who is a doctor chose Cincinnati medschool over Howard. In 1965 President LBJ delivered the commencement address at Howard’s graduation. Cudos to Coach Miller for taking the Bearcats to Howard!
            I took you up on your suggestion to search Dr. Earnest A. Just and lost an hour-plus in a rabbit hole of websites. What an amazing person, from childhood on. His story is a must-read; thank you for sharing.

His mom was pretty amazing, too, for her part in his development.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X