Texas Christian 1/16 7:00 ESPN+

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by leeraymond View Post
    This team is nerve wracking to watch. However, they have of way of hanging around in games that probably makes it nerve wracking for the other team. This is one of the most interesting UC teams I have ever seen. By the way, I have been watching Cincinnati basketball since Tony Yates (late 1980s) and I have NEVER SEEN the students storm the floor. I did not think the students did that sort of thing at UC because UC has a long history of beating its share of good teams at home. Has anyone ever seen the students at UC storm the court?
    Hasn’t happened since at least the early 80s. I understand those who think it’s cringey, but as a father of a current student who really hasn’t witnessed much basketball success, I’m fine with storming tonight….but just tonight!

Comment

• The shame is, we could easily be 15-2

Comment

• Originally posted by leo from jersey View Post
        Corporatebella is at the game - time to teach DayDay
        LOL Great game by Day Day!

My son starts UC MedSchool August ‘19 Black/Red

Comment

• My apologies to CWM and DayDay. Coach Miller stuck with the JUCO transfer, even when he was being outplayed by a freshman. Hopefully it pays dividends the rest of the way.
          My son starts UC MedSchool August ‘19 Black/Red

Comment

• just a great win finally. Great team effort in overtime especially without Aziz. Was unable to see most of the game so not sure what happened to Jamille. If this team can improve the FT % and reduce turnovers then they can be a very tough team to beat. If they do make it to the Big Dance they definitely will be battle tested. GO BEARCATS!

Comment

• Originally posted by leeraymond View Post
              This team is nerve wracking to watch. However, they have of way of hanging around in games that probably makes it nerve wracking for the other team. This is one of the most interesting UC teams I have ever seen. By the way, I have been watching Cincinnati basketball since Tony Yates (late 1980s) and I have NEVER SEEN the students storm the floor. I did not think the students did that sort of thing at UC because UC has a long history of beating its share of good teams at home. Has anyone ever seen the students at UC storm the court?
              A few did in 1961 after the OT Championship, but not like last night.

Comment

• Originally posted by Corporateballa View Post
                My apologies to CWM and DayDay. Coach Miller stuck with the JUCO transfer, even when he was being outplayed by a freshman. Hopefully it pays dividends the rest of the way.
                we still want you to teach layup drills.

Comment

• Just my two cents worth and my final say on this game. As far as storming the court, I think this team needed to see how invested the fan base is on them. So good job fans! I think CWM needed to see it too for the same reason and that we do appreciate all that he has accomplished also. #2 John Newman has earned his place in the lineup with some of the other "thugs" of bearcat lore Period #3 DayDay's making progress, albeit slow in coming but he does have ice in his veins. Skillings could be a superstar if he didn't try to be so creative on every possession. There's times when a foul is just as good as a bucket and even better at other times. # 4 I don't know if Corporateballa has had a chance to work with DayDay yet but if he has its showing if he hasn't yet DD still could use some pointers
                  #5 This game was a tough fought grind it out battle with a good team it should do wonders for our confidence. It seems the tentativeness is waning a bit now and they are finally learning how to play as a team. Go 'cats

Comment

• This from GoBearcats.com
                    Newman, Thomas Power Cincinnati Past No. 19 TCU in OT - University of Cincinnati Athletics (gobearcats.com)

Comment

• An awesome win in a great atmosphere last nite. Let's keep it going on Saturday & please in the mean time, practice free throw shooting

Comment

• WOW unbelievable win. No, the Cats aren't perfect but they are exciting to watch.
                        Who would have thought (pre-season) that the Cats would be hanging in there with the best of the best.
                        Great WIN for the Cats!

Comment

• Originally posted by bearcatjd View Post
                          an awesome win in a great atmosphere last nite. Let's keep it going on saturday & please in the mean time, practice free throw shooting

amen!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• I will add this, CWM has taken a lot of grief and criticism on this blog so kudos is due him for his sticking to his vision of what he's doing. Great win coach!

Comment

• I agree it was a great win, but as the saying goes, let us not get too high as there are more games to win. On to the next game, but the last one sure felt great after years of losing big games.

Comment

• Jeff Borzello tweeted last night that, per @ESPNStatsInfo, UC has won 12 straight OT games versus ranked opponents--the longest streak in AP poll history by a wide margin--dating back to 1994.

First off, great stat.

Second off, any ideas? UC beat Memphis on Senior Day in OT and they were likely ranked, just remembered UC beating Marquette in OT in maybe Sean Kilpatrick's senior season (possibly ranked as well). Who else has UC beaten in overtime in the last 30 years (that was ranked)?

UPDATE -- cannot confirm these are AP rankings, but here is what I could find from the last 20 years on ESPN.com, meaning the other games were from Huggins-led teams:

2023-2024 #19 TCU
                                2016-2017 at #19 Iowa State
                                2014-2015 #19 San Diego State
                                2012-2013 #25 Marquette
                                2011-2012 #13 Georgetown (2OT – Big East Tournament)
                                2003-2004 #10 Louisville
                                Last edited by GoBearcats31; 01-17-2024, 10:18 AM.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X