Kansas 1/22 9:00 ESPN

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bearcat93 View Post
    Should have taken it right at them & drawn fouls. This was another winnable loss. We might win 5 more games. James looks rather pedestrian & Simas is good every 3-4
    games. No guards = no tourney.
    I'll take the over, staying positive, go 5 and 1 at home, find a couple road wins, very doable

Comment

I wonder what the outcome would have been if you give Simas’ minutes to Jizzle and Reed?
      My son starts UC MedSchool August ‘19 Black/Red

Comment

Originally posted by Corporateballa View Post
        I wonder what the outcome would have been if you give Simas’ minutes to Jizzle and Reed?
        Maybe an extra 5 or 6pts...Hmmmmm?

Comment

I just don’t see 5 home wins, based on our performance and the wins these teams have. I see 4-5 B12 wins total this year, and we have 2 already.

Comment

We would have lost this game by 40 when CWM first took over. But now it’s too bad there’s no return game, because we’d beat them here. Now we have to win our home games, including against a tough UCF next Saturday. We’re headed in the right direction, with three top 100 recruits coming next year. Bummed about tonight, but enthused about our progress and our future.

Comment

Originally posted by longtimefan View Post
              We would have lost this game by 40 when CWM first took over. But now it’s too bad there’s no return game, because we’d beat them here. Now we have to win our home games, including against a tough UCF next Saturday. We’re headed in the right direction, with three top 100 recruits coming next year. Bummed about tonight, but enthused about our progress and our future.
              I agree. GO BEARCATS!!!
              My son starts UC MedSchool August ‘19 Black/Red

Comment

Great learning experience tonight in a tough environment against a top ten team. At some point we need to win these games but this team is growing and is currently a much better team than the one that lost to X.
                ...a fountain of eternal youth, a tower of strength, a rock of truth...

Comment

I think Reed is underused. Plus, he actually shoots better than most of them.

Comment

Originally posted by BearKatz View Post

I would consider Bandaogo and Reynolds a success. Both have been a huge boost in the paint.
                    I’ve actually been a bit disappointed in both,
                    though I know their circumstances likely didn’t
                    help. Ariz has had some nice rebounding games
                    but other than that ???

Comment

Originally posted by Oldtimer_UC_fan View Post
                      Does Simas ever make a shot?
                      To me, the only one that consistently puts the ball
                      in the basket is Jizzle. Often not good shots but
                      often they go in, lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Gmann View Post
                        This is the most unskilled group of BB players in the Big 12. They have no clue what they are doing.
                        I agree, yet they’re in every game.
                        Makes one wonder how good the Big 12 really
                        is ?

Comment

Wondered where Reed went the 2nd half. Know
                          he had 3 fouls but he woulda been another
                          scoring option from 3pt ?

Comment

Every time I see Simas miss another 3 I think "Get Reed in the game" I think Reed is a much better option.

Comment

Originally posted by John P View Post

Every time I see Simas miss another 3 I think "Get Reed in the game" I think Reed is a much better option.
                              I agree 100%.

Comment

Whoever Miller starts in these games needs to contribute to their full potential or the whole thing falls apart. Their is no consistency, no playing hard and no playing in unison, in every game lost so far there is one player that does not contribute on the offense. Thomas went absent against Texas, Newman was held to no points against Baylor, but is the only one who defends consistently, Lahkin was a no show vs Oklahoma, and then Lukosious was only just physically present last night ( Kansas). I understand coaches allowing players to shoot their way out of slumps but keeping Simas in for twenty seven minutes last night with 1 for 9 shooting is a head scratcher.
                                Unless,..... I was thinking as I watched the game last night that the only thing that makes sense is that Miller is teaching these kids how to play his style and making that his priority and not just winning. I'm not saying he is deliberately losing games but that he is building the foundation for a better program in the future with his recruits and using these square peg portal players to fill gaps until he gets a " team". Forcing square pegs into round holes. Time is on his side and if wins come that's just gravy but building to win "championships" will take time and his players. That would explain Viks regression this year.
                                Simas is "slow and clunky" as someone else on here stated, but he is not being used the way Matta used him at Butler. The same thing could be said about Reynolds and Aziz. They are not the players they were last season and it's because they are being forced to fit into Millers vision. And I think this is the reason for the rotations and subs that seem to make no sense. If this is the case and if my memory serves correct, Reed was the higher rated recruit out of he and Skillings ( Dan didn't start playing until the 9th grade). Why not play Reed more and let him grow into Millers vision, cultivate his shot and his skills. Especially when Simas isn't scoring.
                                ​​​​​​​Am I looking at this all wrong? Comments welcome.

​​​

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X