No announcement yet.

Kansas 1/22 9:00 ESPN

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It seems like it would be a big help having Frederick back. They need someone that can consistently hit from long range. I think it's pretty impressive that they have hung in there without that dimension in their offense. Just last night. Simas was 0-6 from three. He's trying to fill that gap left by Frederick. They only needed a couple of those to drop to put a serious scare into Kansas.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rufus View Post
      great post GB31, We should see some positivity when so much of the negative is pointed out and the reason for the negative is because as you eluded to we allowed an opportunity to slip by. There is a saying that there is more way to skin a cat, and so if one aspect of your plan is not working then it's usually a good strategy to go another route. In particular we had Dickinson with four fouls, when he got to three and came back in we should have gone after him hard to obtain more fouls. What ever happened to getting the opponents in foul trouble. Why not teach JJ and DayDay how to drive to the basket to obtain a foul Or why not put Reed in who is a defensive piece in to guard Furthy. The most confusing aspect in all these losses is the refusal to deviate from the original plan. There are rarely no in game adjustments to counter their production. Just slowing down a bit of what is working for Them is probably just enough to get us over the hump. Reed stopping Furthy just one time and then scoring just one trey, which never happened with Simas, could have had a different outcome. I like Miller and hope he succeeds, and when he does, I hope he stays for a long time, but I don't understand his stance on not changing what's not working in a game, to making an adjustment to correct what's inhibiting production, to obtaining the win when it is within grasp or at least not trying. In today's collegiate environment winning now is all that matters. I understand building a program, but you have to play to win, not how not to lose.
      This^. Some great posts streaming through today. The Melbourne FR is another example of the challenges under Wes to adapt to the unexpected hot hand-XU, Dayton, they too had one. We definitely need a greater strength at PG, but there’s enough talent on this team to get to the tournament. The next two games are pretty key.

Comment

• First....foul shooting has this team a 2-4 against the TOP 25 instead of 4-2. Missing the shots against Texas was a killer...should have been up by 3 with 18 seconds left. Cinci was nowhere near a Top 25 team when this year started and now they just played a relatively poor game on the road against #4 Kansas in probably the biggest homer gym in the country, and they were in the game. Fredericks didn't look that good on the road at Howard from the 3 point line, which is the last time I saw him shooting volumes. The bottom line is that Kansas is a good team at home and they didn't give Cincinnati many good looks at open 3's.

What this team looked like last year to this version is night and day. Miller has impressed me with what he has done. he has depth and the bottom line is he doesn't have a money shooter. If everyone gets healthy and the team gels, they can be a pretty tough out.

Comment

• Btw I was just analyzing stats. If you want to spin it a different way, most of those points I made are opportunities for improvement.
          Brent Wyrick
          92 Final Four Front Row
          @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• Originally posted by Gypo O'Leary View Post
            First....foul shooting has this team a 2-4 against the TOP 25 instead of 4-2. Missing the shots against Texas was a killer...should have been up by 3 with 18 seconds left. Cinci was nowhere near a Top 25 team when this year started and now they just played a relatively poor game on the road against #4 Kansas in probably the biggest homer gym in the country, and they were in the game. Fredericks didn't look that good on the road at Howard from the 3 point line, which is the last time I saw him shooting volumes. The bottom line is that Kansas is a good team at home and they didn't give Cincinnati many good looks at open 3's.

What this team looked like last year to this version is night and day. Miller has impressed me with what he has done. he has depth and the bottom line is he doesn't have a money shooter. If everyone gets healthy and the team gels, they can be a pretty tough out.
            Cameron indoor and UNC are better. In fact when Clifton is full of drunk students it is a great home court.

Comment

• This was a very interesting stretch of 6 games against ranked teams. UC is NOT that far away. However, they are NOT there yet. This team has some problems. God bless coach Miller. He is doing a good job this year, but the man either will not or cannot read the tea leaves. When a player is having a bad day (Simas in the Kansas game), substitute him out for someone else. Secondly, the ball handling stinks with this team. They DO NOT have a solid ball handler on the team. That is why turnovers become a problem in crucial games. Thirdly, UC is still searching for that third starting guard. Simas is NOT the man!!! Neither is Skillings!! Neither one of them plays enough defense and they both are very inconsistent scorers. What about Josh Reed? He cannot score like the other two, but his defense is much better. Reed is the type of player that will play tough defense every game. Having Reed in the game will help UC from getting down early.

The next two games are EXTREMELY important games for UC's NCAA Tournament chances. I just checked the BIG 12 standings and UC is second from last place. Only Oklahoma State has a worse record. It is still early and UC still has to play the middle-of-the road teams. There are still good wins to get.

If I am Miller right now, I revaluate my starting lineup from top to bottom, including Lakhin. He has NOT played well in 3 of the last 4 games. He only had one (1) rebound in the Baylor game. If this season is going to be a success, Miller has got to revaluate his starting line-up; especially that third guard /wing.

Lastly, what is going on with Oguama? If he is in the dog house, make him run around Clifton and the Gas Light neighborhood. Miller hurts the team when he does NOT play Oguama. I just do NOT understand why Oguama is NOT playing. UC needs him.
              Last edited by leeraymond; 01-23-2024, 06:38 PM.

Comment

• When it was discovered that Aziz and Reynolds signed on it was assumed that Oguamas' playing time would diminish. If only because of the supposed offensive disparity between he and them (which hasn't materialized as of yet ). Hopefully Miller can get all this sorted out in time for the conference tournament.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rufus View Post
                  When it was discovered that Aziz and Reynolds signed on it was assumed that Oguamas' playing time would diminish. If only because of the supposed offensive disparity between he and them (which hasn't materialized as of yet ). Hopefully Miller can get all this sorted out in time for the conference tournament.
                  If anything , you shorten the bench for the Conference tourney and NCAAs
                  Brent Wyrick
                  92 Final Four Front Row
                  @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• I’ve been on here a long time and rarely post but thought it worth saying this. I married a KU girl, live in KC now and have been to a ton of KU games in the past. No matter what you think about the Phog, KU just doesn’t lose there. It’s an older stadium but the fans are die hard (including the 75 year old woman screaming about the Cats traveling but didn’t react or probably didn’t hear me say “he can’t travel if he hasn’t gotten posession of the ball yet.”

Under Self in now 20+ years they are 292 and 16 at home as of yesterday. Agree with all the issues but I didn’t expect them to win though . I’ve seen amazing teams struggle there so I went in hoping but not expecting the win. To be in it and only lose by 5 plus being in the other 3 losses tells me we belong and will compete.

Had to listen to the damn post game the entire ride back to KC but the announcers kept saying that there are no easy outs in the B12. And they were worried about our bench and physicality.. We’re not there yet but there’s a lot to be positive about in the coming years.

my two cents for what it’s worth…
                    Last edited by CincyBearcat95; 01-24-2024, 10:16 PM.
                    Bleed red and black and everything else will take care of itself!

Comment

• Originally posted by CincyBearcat95 View Post
                      I’ve been on here a long time and rarely post but thought it worth saying this. I married a KU girl, live in KC now and have been to a ton of KU games in the past. No matter what you think about the Phog, KU just doesn’t lose there. It’s an older stadium but the fans are die hard (including the 75 year old woman screaming about the Cats traveling but didn’t react or probably didn’t hear me say “he can’t travel if he hasn’t gotten posession of the ball yet.”

Under Self in now 20+ years they are 292 and 16 at home as of yesterday. Agree with all the issues but I didn’t expect them to win though . I’ve seen amazing teams struggle there so I went in hoping but not expecting the win. To be in it and only lose by 5 plus being in the other 3 losses tells me we belong and will compete.

Had to listen to the damn post game the entire ride back to KC but the announcers kept saying that there are no easy outs in the B12. And they were worried about our bench and physicality.. We’re not there yet but there’s a lot to be positive about in the coming years.

my two cents for what it’s worth…
                      Thanks for the perspective. We all want to feel good about the direction of the program and this helps.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X