NIT picking

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NIT picking

Since it's very likely we end up here barring a miracle run to the Big XII title. I thought it would be a good tning to re-engage on the changes and rules for NIT selection this season. To qoute your favorite phone tree, the menu options have recently changed. They are guaranteeing an inviatation to the 2 top NET teams from the 6 power conferences that do not make the NCAAs. Those teams will host home games. The reamining 20 teams are at large with deference to the First four out in the NET for the NCAAs. That's as clear as mud, right?

https://www.ncaa.com/news/basketball...rimental-rules
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

There is an NIT Bracketology, which was updated on Monday https://www.nitbracketology.com/2024...y-march-4.html

UC was a 3 seed, with UCF grabbing the other Big 12 slot. Ohio State and Xavier are also likely in the field and all listed as 3 seeds in separate sections.

Comment

As intriguing as it sounds, I just don't think I could take ending our season with a loss to X or tO$U. I would just as soon pass.

Comment

Nice thread title -- didn't pick up on it earlier

Comment

Originally posted by GoBearcats31 View Post
          Nice thread title -- didn't pick up on it earlier
          I remain terrible.
          Brent Wyrick
          92 Final Four Front Row
          @LobotC2DFW

Comment

would love to see them play X or tOSU. Bring em on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by leo from jersey View Post
              would love to see them play X or tOSU. Bring em on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
              X may not make the NIT. Depends on whether Seton Hall makes the NCAA or not and Butler passes them in the NET. If the Hall misses the NCAA they take the first spot in the NIT. If Butler passes X in the NET and stays there, they get the second spot.
              Brent Wyrick
              92 Final Four Front Row
              @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post

X may not make the NIT. Depends on whether Seton Hall makes the NCAA or not and Butler passes them in the NET. If the Hall misses the NCAA they take the first spot in the NIT. If Butler passes X in the NET and stays there, they get the second spot.
                That's just for the auto bid. X can still get in as a third Big East team.

Comment

Originally posted by sedz View Post
                  That's just for the auto bid. X can still get in as a third Big East team.
                  You have a point there. For some reason I didn't consider that
                  Brent Wyrick
                  92 Final Four Front Row
                  @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Does UC really have a chance to make the NIT? That would be great if they make the cut. It would be interesting to see how this UC team stacks up with other teams outside of the BIG 12 now that UC has gone through a BIG 12 conference season.

Comment

Originally posted by leeraymond View Post
                      Does UC really have a chance to make the NIT? That would be great if they make the cut. It would be interesting to see how this UC team stacks up with other teams outside of the BIG 12 now that UC has gone through a BIG 12 conference season.
                      We're basically a lock for the NIT. We're #45 in the NET. To not get an automatic bid, we'd have to fall below both #67 UCF and #76 Kansas St.

Comment

Originally posted by sedz View Post
                        We're basically a lock for the NIT. We're #45 in the NET. To not get an automatic bid, we'd have to fall below both #67 UCF and #76 Kansas St.
                        With all of the losses in their last 12 games (4-8), UC still has a chance to make the NIT? That is great. How with that many losses? I hope that they are able to make the NIT. It would be interesting to see how they now compete against teams outside the BIG 12.

Comment

I’d like another crack at eggsavier, feel like we owe them one!

Comment

NIT bracketology has UC getting an autobid and being slotted in as a #3 versus Syracuse. Others in the pod include Pitt, Butler, IU, Iowa. ... UCF (autobid) and Kansas State also in the field.

Person making the projections is also predicting which bubble teams get in, which fall to the NIT.

https://www.nitbracketology.com/2024...-march-11.html

Comment

I’m not quite ready to talk about the NIT just yet. Tomorrow we have West Virginia. Survive and advance, baby!

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X