UC / U of L / UConn to ACC?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UC / U of L / UConn to ACC?

along with the UNIVERSITY OF CINCINNATI! and UCONN to follow.

@ bricmiller
    Just heard from someone tied to Big East, Louisville to the ACC w/ Cincy, UConn to likely follow.

***The tweet has mysteriously been removed.***

Not just because it mentioned Cincinnati, but I think he was told to remove the tweet.

1. Because black Friday is a bad day to announce anything not Christmas or shopping related.
    2. It will be buried in the upcoming football games this weekend, and will be forgotten.
    3. Monday or Tuesday when the ACC can have all the attention to itself will be the best for a huge announcement.
    4. ACC the first of the big 5 to go to 16 teams, and don't want other conferences to beat them there.

At the game this evening a friend also told me that UC was on its way to the ACC. This friend's uncle has a very good friend who is on the board at UC.

Comment

Someone on CSNBBS.com said the reporter was asked why he removed it and if it wasn't true, and he said "other reasons"

Comment

We have 33 people viewing the Conference Realignment and Football categories and no one is posting. Stop lurking people! Register! Join the conversation!

Comment

Hope it's true. If so, we will have dodged a devasting bullet.

Comment

Originally posted by 1977 BearCat View Post
            Hope it's true. If so, we will have dodged a devasting bullet.
            A depleted ACC is essentially the Big East, which would be a **** of a lot nicer than Conference USA.

Comment

Originally posted by bobestes View Post
              A depleted ACC is essentially the Big East, which would be a **** of a lot nicer than Conference USA.
              Hopefully, a grant of TV rights would be included for all members which would me FSU was staying put.

Comment

ACC would be awesome for UC. Great hoops and a football conference that we can compete in. This is best case scenario. Will have to hope that there will not be additional significant defections. This would be great news though. So much better than where the BE is headed.

Comment

So if this is true the Big East will be basketball only, and MWC merges with CUSA. No more Big East football??
                  Bryan Shaw

Comment

Ryan Pence of Bearcatlair tweeted:

@pencerm
                    I'm hearing the #Bearcats to the ACC is a done deal. Maybe even to the point of a signed agreement. Working to confirm.

@pencerm
                    I should clarify, nothing is confirmed. But I have enough information to post what I have. Where there's smoke, there's fire. #Bearcats

Either this is really happening, or this kid is putting his job on the line ...

Comment

With Rutgers going to the BIG, I am forced to cheer for UL to win the Big East. Too bad that tosu would block UC to the BIG because geographically, it makes sense. The ACC is the best for UC football though. However, remember our fb teams and recruiting prior to joining the BEast. Maybe a step up gets us to another level of facilities, recruits, exposure, money.

Comment

Hopefully, we're not grasping at straws & this turns out to be true. On the football side, this would solve problems (& stop all of the MAC-talk nonsense). On the basketball side, this would be bigger than the move UC made to the BE. Not only would UofL, Cuse and Pitt remain in the picture, but the Blue Devils and Tar Heels would be coming to the Shoe. Rockin'!

Comment

Originally posted by bearcatbret View Post
                          With Rutgers going to the BIG, I am forced to cheer for UL to win the Big East. Too bad that tosu would block UC to the BIG because geographically, it makes sense. The ACC is the best for UC football though. However, remember our fb teams and recruiting prior to joining the BEast. Maybe a step up gets us to another level of facilities, recruits, exposure, money.
                          Same here, cheering for Louisville, unless they land a better deal than us in conf alignment.

Comment

Originally posted by Bearcat-in-Italy View Post
                            ACC would be awesome for UC. Great hoops and a football conference that we can compete in. This is best case scenario. Will have to hope that there will not be additional significant defections. This would be great news though. So much better than where the BE is headed.
                            I agree completely. From day one when the conference realignment die were cast my hope was always UC to the ACC rather than the Big 12 or any other conference. The ACC is a terrific basketball conference and that is historically what UC is known for making the fit in men's bball logical. Furthermore, the football programs are much more balanced/egalitarian with significantly less disparity in athletic budgets from top to bottom. The Big 12 is dominated by Oklahoma and especially Texas neither of which would UC ever be able to compete with from a revenue standpoint. And the Big 10 grants Michigan and Ohio State outsized representation and influence in conference affairs and decision making which is why Notre Dame has been bucking joining the Big 10 for twenty years. They refuse to kow tow to these two programs.

In addition the ACC seems like the better travel situation as well especially if L'Ville moves too. Being lumped in a division with Pitt, Notre Dame, and L'ville will help to minimize travel costs as on average trips to North Carolina, Virginia, and Georgia, Mass, New York (and occassionally Florida) are easier to digest than regular trips to Texas, Oklahoma, Kansas, and Iowa.
                            "In the morning he would read the Bible with another coach. Then, in the afternoon, he would go out and cheat kids who had probably saved up money from mowing lawns to buy those raffle tickets. That's Jim Tressel." - former colleague to Jim Tressel as quoted in Sports Illustrated.

Comment

For the sake of discussion, let's assume that Clemson and Florida State are going to the SEC. And let's assume that UC, U of L and UConn are ACC bound. Here is what the ACC would look like:

Notre Dame (all but football)
                              Duke
                              North Carolina
                              Virginia
                              Boston College
                              Georgia Tech
                              Miami
                              NC State
                              Wake Forest
                              UC
                              Louisville
                              UConn
                              Syracuse
                              Pitt

That's 13 all sports teams and 14 basketball teams. In football, ND has committed to playing so many games against ACC teams. That opens the distinct possibility of a UC / ND game.

The team line up above blows away whatever is left of the Big East. And I think this ACC lineup could not only survive but thrive.
                              Keith Wedinger
                              Bearcatnews.com Administrator
                              Twitter: @jkwuc89

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X