No announcement yet.

UC / U of L / UConn to ACC?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One more thing, Louisville was involved with the ACC, but they also had support from the Mayor of Louisville, US Senator from Kentucky, and the Governor of Kentucky lobbying for them as well. Where are all the "leaders" around here lobbying for UC?

Comment

• I honestly think that three teams will leave the ACC. I believe that Florida State, Clemson, and Georgia Tech, may well go to the SEC.

At that time, UC, UConn, and South Florida likely will go to the ACC. It might take a year or two, but anyone who thinks the conference shuffle game is over, is probably going to be proven wrong.

B.C.
      "A veteran of the Humanitarian Bowl, 1997!"

Comment

• Originally posted by longtimefan View Post
        One more thing, Louisville was involved with the ACC, but they also had support from the Mayor of Louisville, US Senator from Kentucky, and the Governor of Kentucky lobbying for them as well. Where are all the "leaders" around here lobbying for UC?
        Buckeye fans.

Comment

• Originally posted by shanacker View Post
          I disagree. I think we could be in the Big12 by next week. They have to act. FSU and Clemson aren't joining the big 12. ACC is a better conference.
          Why do they have to act? Nobody but the Big East is in the middle of TV rights negotiations. I'm sure adding schools would trip some clause in the contract, but the next dominoes to tumble are in the ACC (FSU, GT, VT, UNC, UVA or NCSU) and nobody from that conference is making a move until the ACC vs. University of Maryland lawsuit over the $50M exit fee is resolved. I suppose FSU could press the issue also since they voted against the exit fee increase.

The B12 may not have the numbers (teams), but it is better than the ACC top to bottom.
          RIP #12 Greg Cook (1946-2012)

Red Rocker
          CoB '90 MBA '04

Comment

• Originally posted by Bearcat Chris View Post
            I honestly think that three teams will leave the ACC. I believe that Florida State, Clemson, and Georgia Tech, may well go to the SEC.

At that time, UC, UConn, and South Florida likely will go to the ACC. It might take a year or two, but anyone who thinks the conference shuffle game is over, is probably going to be proven wrong.

B.C.
            I can't see those schools going to the SEC because Bama, Florida, Georgia and South Carolina will block them. Bad enough the fight each other for recruits. No way they add to that mix. I could see FSU and Clemson to the B12 to expand their TV markets. GT has been rumored to the B1G along with UVA.

It ain't over til the fat lady sings......and even then.........
            RIP #12 Greg Cook (1946-2012)

Red Rocker
            CoB '90 MBA '04

Comment

• Please correct me but during the first expansion when the BIG picked up Nebraska and the Big12 lost a few, wasn't everyone talking about how the Big 12 was going to die? Why are they any better off than the ACC? The member schools of the Big 12 all hate Texas.

Comment

• Originally posted by bobestes View Post
                Buckeye fans.
                Bingo. Given that Cincinnati is so removed from the rest of Ohio, and really is more part of Northern Kentucky/SE Indiana, maybe we should get some gubernatorial support from our adoptive Tri-state states?

Comment

• Currently, Cincinnati is "home" for the Speaker of the House. Maybe he has some clout?

Comment

• Frankly UL and WVU engaged in politics and Mitch McConnell, the Minority leader of the Senate LOST.
                    Brent Wyrick
                    92 Final Four Front Row
                    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• Originally posted by bearcatbret View Post
                      Currently, Cincinnati is "home" for the Speaker of the House. Maybe he has some clout?
                      Xavier alum. And yes, the in-state politicians all view Ohio State as the flagship (aka: appropriations glutton) of the State of Ohio University System. UC is a distant secondary thought in their mind. Geography doesn't hurt OSU either. When these politicians are working in Columbus they're inundated with all things Buckeyes from the media. It's virtually impossible to shield yourself from it. Also, keep in mind that up until the 1970s UC was a metropolitan college, not a state school. Many of the old school political elites don't barely consider UC part of Ohio's University System when they pull the levers of the current politicians.

Oh, and if Boehner can't get a measely $1B in federal funding for The Brent Spence Bridge -- when the Fed's are dropping 10s of billions on green energy like Solyndra -- what makes you think can effectively do anything for UC?
                      Last edited by Binturong05; 11-29-2012, 01:09 AM.
                      "In the morning he would read the Bible with another coach. Then, in the afternoon, he would go out and cheat kids who had probably saved up money from mowing lawns to buy those raffle tickets. That's Jim Tressel." - former colleague to Jim Tressel as quoted in Sports Illustrated.

Comment

• Originally posted by RedRocker View Post
                        I can't see those schools going to the SEC because Bama, Florida, Georgia and South Carolina will block them. Bad enough the fight each other for recruits. No way they add to that mix. I could see FSU and Clemson to the B12 to expand their TV markets. GT has been rumored to the B1G along with UVA.

It ain't over til the fat lady sings......and even then.........
                        I dont care who in the current ACC moves where! Just move somewhere! I don't think the recruiting battles are that relevant as much now as in the past.

Comment

• Look, the big 12 is one move away from having the same panic as the big east if texas moves. Both the Acc and Big 12 have issues if there is any fallout to the big ten or sec. I just really wonder if the Big 10 and sec really want to risk dilution of what they earning now. I suspect any moves would have to be big time guaranteed money makers. One thing i haven't heard is what the syc, pitt and lou deals are in the new conference. They may not be full members at inception. This is an important factor. We shall see.....

Comment

• Maybe someone can help explain our financial endowment. As I understand it UC has a substantial endowment fund and it is often touted as an asset to the University, yet it always seems we are in dire straits financially. Based on this article, we are in the top 100 schools (private & public) in terms of the size of our endowment.

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/news/...oes/57704440/1

I'm just curious to learn more about what this all means.

Comment

• Originally posted by Binturong05 View Post
                              Xavier alum. And yes, the in-state politicians all view Ohio State as the flagship (aka: appropriations glutton) of the State of Ohio University System. UC is a distant secondary thought in their mind. Geography doesn't hurt OSU either. When these politicians are working in Columbus they're inundated with all things Buckeyes from the media. It's virtually impossible to shield yourself from it. Also, keep in mind that up until the 1970s UC was a metropolitan college, not a state school. Many of the old school political elites don't barely consider UC part of Ohio's University System when they pull the levers of the current politicians.

Oh, and if Boehner can't get a measely $1B in federal funding for The Brent Spence Bridge -- when the Fed's are dropping 10s of billions on green energy like Solyndra -- what makes you think can effectively do anything for UC?
                              I'd prefer the politicians stay out of conference realignment. They have more urgent issues to tackle right now (fiscal cliff?).

Comment

• Originally posted by BearcatNationUC View Post
                                Maybe someone can help explain our financial endowment. As I understand it UC has a substantial endowment fund and it is often touted as an asset to the University, yet it always seems we are in dire straits financially. Based on this article, we are in the top 100 schools (private & public) in terms of the size of our endowment.

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/news/...oes/57704440/1

I'm just curious to learn more about what this all means.
                                My endowment is also substantial... or at least that is what I tell myself.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X