No announcement yet.

UC / U of L / UConn to ACC?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am sad...very very sad! Two years ago we had TCU set to join the BEAST and it would have been a Heck of a conference. No we are supposed to get excited about E. Carolina and Tulane...this is not good! Our sports at UC will not be good at all, and the only talk I am hearing is that Louisville OR Uconn are being looked at by the ACC. Why wont the NCAA step in on this, how can they just allow this to happen. Am I missing something?

Comment

Originally posted by JDBEARCAT View Post
      Amen! We need to be in the ACC or Big 12. That's all I want for Christmas,
      an invite to the ACC or Big 12 & of course world peace!
      If I had one wish that I could wish this holiday season, it would be for all the children of the world to join hands and sing together in the spirit of harmony and peace.

If I had two wishes that I could wish for this holiday season, the first would be for all the children of the world to join hands and sing in the spirit of harmony and peace.. and the second would be for UC to get an invitation to the ACC or Big XII.

- hopefully the humor of that is not lost on everyone :-)

Comment

Originally posted by bearcatsam View Post
        I am sad...very very sad! Two years ago we had TCU set to join the BEAST and it would have been a Heck of a conference. No we are supposed to get excited about E. Carolina and Tulane...this is not good! Our sports at UC will not be good at all, and the only talk I am hearing is that Louisville OR Uconn are being looked at by the ACC. Why wont the NCAA step in on this, how can they just allow this to happen. Am I missing something?
        NCAA is probably worried that the big football playing schools will leave their organization they push too hard.

Comment

Originally posted by bearcatsam View Post
          Because the NCAA is not a separate organization - it is comprised of its member schools and their presidents. And the majority of the schools are benefitting from all of this.

Comment

Andy Katz reports that UC is actively seeking entry into the ACC. This isn't at all surprising.

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/st...oin-acc-source

Comment

Cincinnati pushing to join ACC

Not new news, but a bit encouraging considering the source!

Comment

That the way! Throw everything we got at the ACC! If UC gets the invite it will be the biggest win in anything in school history!

Comment

Is it possible or plausible that we are bidding against UL/Uconn? Under the same logic, it is possible/plausible that we ask for less than what the rest of the conference is entitled to (in terms of payouts)? I wonder if that kind of jockeying is happening behind the scenes.

Comment

If they win their lawsuit against Maryland they can afford to take all three!

Comment

If the ACC is concerned about the size of Nippert, tell the powers that be that UC will gladly play all conference games at PBS. Bottom line: do whatever it takes to make this move. The long term future of UC athletics depends on it!
                      Keith Wedinger
                      Bearcatnews.com Administrator
                      Twitter: @jkwuc89

Comment

Originally posted by girandola View Post
                        Not new news, but a bit encouraging considering the source!

This is the best news I've read in about a week concerning this; thank you for posting it. It gives me confidence that Babcock and President Santa are doing all they can do.

Reading through the comments of that article is awfully depressing however, all the anti-UC hate out there. I'd love to post on there (not gonna register though) that if UL beats Rutgers, and UC takes care of UConn, then UC wins a share of 4 of the last 5 Big East Football Championships.

Not Pitt, not Syracuse, not WVU, not UConn, not UL. Cincinnati I'd like too shove that in their nose, but then I wouldn't be the rational cat, would I?

These are times that make a man downright irrational.
                        Last edited by Rational Cat; 11-27-2012, 06:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jkwuc89 View Post
                          If the ACC is concerned about the size of Nippert, tell the powers that be that UC will gladly play all conference games at PBS. Bottom line: do whatever it takes to make this move. The long term future of UC athletics depends on it!
                          Or we could play all games there while Nippert is renovated. The Bengals played two years at Nippert while Riverfront was being built. I'm sure that Mike Brown remembers that, so maybe we can get a good deal at PBS as payback.

Comment

i kind of doubt nippert is a signficant factor. tv is more important. i would bet we are ahead of several acc schools right now if not close in attendance. i doubt the wake forest and bc's of the world are drawing big numbers. we also can't be to far off pitt and syc.

Comment

Originally posted by JDBEARCAT View Post
                              Amen! We need to be in the ACC or Big 12. That's all I want for Christmas,
                              an invite to the ACC or Big 12 & of course world peace!
                              I would rank conference above world peace myself..as long as we have peace in the US..

Comment

Originally posted by jkwuc89 View Post
                                Originally posted by longtimefan View Post
                                Or we could play all games there while Nippert is renovated. The Bengals played two years at Nippert while Riverfront was being built. I'm sure that Mike Brown remembers that, so maybe we can get a good deal at PBS as payback.
                                I'm with Keith on this. Tell them whatever they want to hear.

I think $$$ is better spent renovating the Shoe or building a new arena. The cost to expand Nippert is prohibitive. We would only be playing a max of 5-6 games @ PBS vs. ACC and major OOC opponents. Two games @ Nippert vs. FCS, Miami, etc.
                                RIP #12 Greg Cook (1946-2012)

Red Rocker
                                CoB '90 MBA '04

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X