Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE=coach;215628]
    Originally posted by Spinal2008 View Post
    ACC is a basketball power with weak football. If FSU leaves its basically the big east for football again. I would rather be in the Big12 and play competitive teams every week. They arent to shabby on the bball side either. If i were being recruited and heard i would get yo play against texas, kstate and oklahoma i would i would be ecstatic in stead of hearing im going agains pitt, nc and duke

Even if that were the case, and there are many non big 12 schools who clearly recruit competitively without their affiliation, a conference move impacts a lot of other sports other than just football. Whether the football fans like it or not, they're better off against schools in closer proximity, and in fact size. Thus, the acc configuration is a much better fit. WV will/is finding that out.
    Most non-revenue sports would play a very similar schedule to what they play now regardless of the conference. But I'll take whichever comes calling first. It's not like we're very likely to have a choice anyway.

Comment

Mich state AD talking about benefits of going to 16

Comment

Originally posted by Thegreatone View Post
        Mich state AD talking about benefits of going to 16
        too bad our chances of being one of those 16 are about as good as an ice cube in an inferno...

EDIT: After I posted that, I saw this:
        Football Rumor Mill ‏@fbrumormill
        Big Ten eyes further expansion http://espn.go.com/college-football/...ees-advantages
        Retweeted by Santa J. Ono

Could it be a sign? haha
        Last edited by mjv780; 12-06-2012, 10:46 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by mjv780 View Post
          too bad our chances of being one of those 16 are about as good as an ice cube in an inferno...

EDIT: After I posted that, I saw this:
          Football Rumor Mill ‏@fbrumormill
          Big Ten eyes further expansion http://espn.go.com/college-football/...ees-advantagesRetweeted by Santa J. Ono

Could it be a sign? haha
          Whether he is alluding to a B1G invite or an ACC invite, odd that he would retweet that without some motive...? Between this and the coaching situation, I'm on overload!

Comment

Trying not to stare at that with dollar signs in my eyes.

Comment

UC does not add televisions to the BIG. Nor would tO$U allow UC to be voted in. It is too bad that IU and PU, MSU and UM, IL and NW can all get along but not the 12-0 Bucks.

Comment

Where there is smoke...

According to this guy....

Tweet from @theDudeofWV

"Almost hate to do this but I have confirmed that BC is in talks with the B1G."

This might be UC's cue - or the ACC will take a stab at UConn?

Comment

Originally posted by BearcatSeminole View Post

Tweet from @theDudeofWV

Anybody can say anything - but if the ACC was to be looking for a replacement for BC why wouldn't it be UConn - another New England school with acceptable football, solid academics and way above average basketball, both men and women. Hard to see how it helps us.

Comment

At this stage, I can only 'hang on for the ride' - there's going to be so much crap swirling around, until we announce something meaningful, I'm going to assume nothing is true...

Comment

Originally posted by BearcatSeminole View Post

Tweet from @theDudeofWV

If it's BC, that is a bit of a bummer. Because as long as BC stays in the ACC we have a better shot at joining than UCONN in my opinion.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X