New Conference Name

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Conference Name

Let's assume that the rumors are true, and our conference is selling the naming rights to "Big East" to the Catholic-7 when they break away this summer. What do we call our new conference?

We might be in it for a decade or more, so it's time to start thinking about these sorts of things (on the other hand, if the reallignment wheel keeps on turning, we may only be in it for one season).

The conference will be:
    Cincinnati
    Connecticut
    East Carolina
    Houston
    Memphis
    Navy
    SMU
    Temple
    Tulane
    UCF
    USF
    And possibly a 12th member

I'm in favor of naming it the Metro Conference. What are your thoughts?
    UC MBA '08
    Purdue '15

"Doggie Bag." It's full of leftovers.

Comment

Here are a couple absurb entries:

GNCL - Greater Non-Catholic League

MMC - Marinotto's Masterpiece Conference

Beyond that, I'm stumped. I really liked the name Great Midwest, which, of course wouldn't apply in this case. But, perhaps something similar, to avoid using the trite term "Big".

The final determination won't be made by fans, but by marketers.

Comment

The name that is being floated that I heard last night was the Big American Conference which I'm not against but it's the same initials as Blood Alcohol Content. Probably means West Virginia's gonna want in.
        Brent Wyrick
        92 Final Four Front Row
        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

How about the "Big Metro" (BM). The acronym is much more fitting...

Comment

Originally posted by bearcat25 View Post
            How about the "Big Metro" (BM). The acronym is much more fitting...
            Big Metro Athletic Conference - Big MAC for short. Perhaps we could get McDonald's as a sponsor.
            RIP #12 Greg Cook (1946-2012)

Red Rocker
            CoB '90 MBA '04

Comment

I'm not sure what good all the complaining does. It doesn't do anything to help the situation. This is the conference we are in. Why sit and complain about what you can't change? This sounds too much like the cincinnati.com comments section.

That stated, it really needs to be the Metro Conference. It makes too much sense, especially with the philosophy of how most of these school were pulled together. I'm glad to hear this idea get a little bit of national play too.

Comment

Metro Conference? Hopefully our uniforms won't include deep V's, skinny jeans, or scarves...
                UC Engineering '97-'02
                (went to the C-USA tourney games instead of class)

Comment

Originally posted by BearcatDropout View Post
                  Metro Conference? Hopefully our uniforms won't include deep V's, skinny jeans, or scarves...
                  I love what someone else said - call it the Big Metro Athletic Conference - then sign a deal with Mickey D's so we can advertise it as the Big MAC and get involved with their advertising and promotions.

Comment

"America 12 Conference" favorite to become new name for Big East, league sources told @espn. Not official; other names being considered

Comment

Originally posted by GoBearcats31 View Post
                      "America 12 Conference" favorite to become new name for Big East, league sources told @espn. Not official; other names being considered
                      That has to be the least imaginative name ever.
                      McMicken College of Arts & Sciences 1999

Comment

"We'll call our new group 'Conference USA!' Wait...what? That's taken? Damn. OK, what about 'America 12,' does that work? Good. Sold." - Mike Aresco

You can give it a patriotic name, but it still sucks.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Herm View Post
                          That has to be the least imaginative name ever.
                          They can form the 1 on the right side of the A (kind of an itallicized 1) and then add the 2 to make a cool A12 logo.
                          Last edited by GoBearcats31; 03-07-2013, 04:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by GoBearcats31 View Post
                            In which city will the League of Justice be headquartered?

I can't see the media NOT making fun of the America 12 Conference. And why stick a number in there, as leagues expand and contract so much these days?

The faster UC gets out of this mess the better.

I'm paying more than I ever have, Big Six money, for football tickets this year. I will not continue to do that to watch my team play in the Metro Conference again.

Comment

Originally posted by #41 View Post
                              "We'll call our new group 'Conference USA!' Wait...what? That's taken? Damn. OK, what about 'America 12,' does that work? Good. Sold." - Mike Aresco
                              Seriously. Just when you think it can't be any more generic.
                              McMicken College of Arts & Sciences 1999

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X