New Conference Name

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CaptainProbasco View Post
    If they named it Burger Conference, there's a certain Cincinnati beer brand that could be the sponsor! Vas you ever in Zinzinnati?
    I'm sure Greg Hardman of CM Brewing would love the national exposure for this brand.
    RIP #12 Greg Cook (1946-2012)

Red Rocker
    CoB '90 MBA '04

Comment

I think it should be named what it is, Big East + Conference USA = Big USA

Doesn't sound too shabby.

Comment

Some of the Presidents are balking at the America(n) 12 name. Expect it to be something else without a number in it.
        Brent Wyrick
        92 Final Four Front Row
        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by Chewbacca2099 View Post
          I think it should be named what it is
          Crappy conference?

Short-timers conference?

Stepping stone conference?

Comment

I say uc, usf and uconn, and Memphis should form a 4 team semi independent football league and then join the A-10 in basketball only. It's not as crazy as it sounds. I want no part of this misfit conference.

Comment

So in order to get out of one misfit conference you would have UC join an even smaller less secure misfit conference with no capacity to schedule, zero television revenue and even less respect? Knee-jerk react much?
              In loving memory, I will be a fan for both of us.
              Cody- Oct 25th 1987 to Jan 1st 2011.

Comment

You don't think the addition of 3 basketball programs that have a national brand would solidify a conference that depends on basketball? If geography matters, then it makes sense. I mean afterall, it was Cronin complaining about logistics and student athletes getting raw end of the stick, he'd be thrilled with thus move.

Comment

If this was a purely basketball environment, then sure go for the A-10, or leave with the Catholic Seven. But since football is the driver in all this, killing off a football program for the sake of not being in a new version of Conference USA is suicidal for the entire athletic department. Conference USA was good enough to get UC into the last version of the Big East, and will be good enough to get UC into the next version of the ACC. It will just take time, and killing off all revenue streams before hand is a massive over reaction to not liking how the chips have fallen to date.

Comment

Originally posted by East side Bearcat View Post
                    I say uc, usf and uconn, and Memphis should form a 4 team semi independent football league and then join the A-10 in basketball only. It's not as crazy as it sounds. I want no part of this misfit conference.
                    Dumb idea. I second what cmm said.
                    RIP #12 Greg Cook (1946-2012)

Red Rocker
                    CoB '90 MBA '04

Comment

You're missing the point. If everyone wants out so bad, then get out. The a10 is a.recognized brand hat would have its stock drastically improved with the additions if uc Memphis and uconn. Is it popular? No, and it also throws a wrench into football a bit with going independant. But where there's a will, there's a way. You schedule uconn, usf and Memphis every year, you sign long term deals to continue playing Miami, Louisville. You suck it up and play games at OSU, ND, whoever agrees. You try to land annual matchups with Boise state, or BYU. Yes I know this plan will never happen, but in a perfect world where were left out of acc or big 12: I'm thinking outside the box here.

Comment

After hereing coach Cronin talk aftre the loss on Thursday, I think you all can finally stop talking about going to the ACC or watever conference. He's clearly stated he doesn't like schools joining conferences if its going to hurt the student athletes.
                        I've always said the ACC or whatever conference is a pipedream that some of you keep talking about. Now I know its true, becuase even if they asked UC, coach Cronin would tell them no thanks.
                        Not to be a debbie downer, but it's not all good attention.

Who cares. It is national attention. UC's basketball program needs attention in just about any way it can get it.

Comment

Originally posted by CincyEngGrad02 View Post
                          After hereing coach Cronin talk aftre the loss on Thursday, I think you all can finally stop talking about going to the ACC or watever conference. He's clearly stated he doesn't like schools joining conferences if its going to hurt the student athletes.
                          I've always said the ACC or whatever conference is a pipedream that some of you keep talking about. Now I know its true, becuase even if they asked UC, coach Cronin would tell them no thanks.
                          Huh???????
                          ...a fountain of eternal youth, a tower of strength, a rock of truth...

Comment

Originally posted by CincyEngGrad02 View Post
                            Are you serious???? You really think that he would like to stay in a conference with SMU and Houston and Tulane? Joining the the ACC would hurt student athletes more than staying in the current conference? Having shorter trips to UL, Pitt, ND would be worse for the student athlete than going to the previously mentioned schools? Keeping the rivalry with UL and Pitt would be worse than starting one with ECU and UCF? Wow. Not even sure how to respond to this but have to say, you are in the running for the dumbest post EVER.

Comment

His complaint was mostly that UC would lose all their close road games, not that they would be gaining any.

Comment

Miami (Fl) is farther than all the places you listed (Houston included). Tallahassee (FSU) is about the same distance as New Orleans (Tulane). Boston is about the same distance as Dallas (SMU).
                                Not to be a debbie downer, but it's not all good attention.

Who cares. It is national attention. UC's basketball program needs attention in just about any way it can get it.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X