No announcement yet.

New Conference Name

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To be honest... the way the Big East football conference has been bashed in recent years and all of the departures causing us to be the butt of every joke... I'm glad we are getting a new conference name. Cut away are all of the basketball teams who don't have matching football teams. I am okay with moving forward like this... on our way to the ACC.

Comment

I would like to see it called the "Leftover 12 Conference."
      JDBearcat
      RIP Pat Cummings

Comment

The PR firm that handles new members for the BE just registered the domain www.america12.org

http://www.whois.net/whois/america12.org
        Brent Wyrick
        92 Final Four Front Row
        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

We can't even afford a real top level domain

Comment

America 12 is just plain awful. Shouldn't it be American 12 anyway? America 12 sounds wrong. Just use the Metro Conference name. It seems like most of the media agrees that is the best choice. Let's not start the conference with a joke of a name too.

Comment

Can we use the 30 million to buy a seat in the big 12 or acc? Honestly, at this point I'd rather be in the Mac than this crap.

Comment

Originally posted by Rational Cat View Post
                In which city will the League of Justice be headquartered?
                The proper place would be Union Terminal in Cincinnati.

Comment

Originally posted by East side Bearcat View Post
                  Can we use the 30 million to buy a seat in the big 12 or acc? Honestly, at this point I'd rather be in the Mac than this crap.
                  No thanks.
                  RIP #12 Greg Cook (1946-2012)

Red Rocker
                  CoB '90 MBA '04

Comment

Originally posted by jnewyouth View Post
                    The proper place would be Union Terminal in Cincinnati.
                    Beat me to it.
                    RIP #12 Greg Cook (1946-2012)

Red Rocker
                    CoB '90 MBA '04

Comment

Originally posted by dbernie41 View Post
                      To be honest... the way the Big East football conference has been bashed in recent years and all of the departures causing us to be the butt of every joke... I'm glad we are getting a new conference name. Cut away are all of the basketball teams who don't have matching football teams. I am okay with moving forward like this... on our way to the ACC.
                      I highly doubt changing the name will affect whether people make fun of the conference... It's like putting on one of those fake nose/glasses things from the cheap gift store and acting like nobody will know who you are.
                      Especially when the fake nose says "America 12" in bold letters across the bridge.

Comment

Someone please explain to me how Cincinnati joinining the MAC isn't better than this? Seriously, once you get past Uconn and Memphis, there is NOTHING. NOTHING!!!!!! Heck, get Uconn to come to the MAC with us. I was flat out against the idea of the MAC until I saw the rumored name, America 12, give me a freakin break. And seriously, let's say Uconn somehow manages to get picked up by the ACC, you better believe we might as well pick up the phone and call the MAC because even this so called "new big east" conference we're in is hanging by a thread.

Comment

I am glad that the new conference is named America 12 (should be American 12) so as not to confuse it with the Slovenian 12 conference.

Comment

Originally posted by East side Bearcat View Post
                            Someone please explain to me how Cincinnati joinining the MAC isn't better than this? Seriously, once you get past Uconn and Memphis, there is NOTHING.
                            Memphis' football team is horrible. The only good thing about being in a football league with Memphis is road trips for Blues and Bar-B-Que. They're already putting a damper on that by scheduling our game on Wendesday.

Comment

I wasn't even referring to any sport in general. Just going solely by name recognition in college sports in general, once you get past UC, Uconn and Mephis, nobody, absolutely nobody cares!

USF and UCF will ALWAYS be garbage simply due to the fact the Fsu, Uf, and Miami will dominate recruiting down there.

Tulane? HA!
                              East Carolina? HAHA!
                              Houston? Big market, that's about it.
                              SMU? Who cares?!
                              Possibly Navy? Seriously?
                              Tulsa.... awesome, that's a game changer right there.

I'm so mad right now it's not even funny. UC will fall off the face of this earth in sports if we aren't out of this dump, and soon.

Give me the MAC over this anyday.

Comment

http://businessofcollegesports.com/2...p-financially/

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X