No announcement yet.

New Conference Name

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For those of you suggesting a move to the MAC, I encourage you to take a drive up to Oxford and watch a Miami vs. EMU or WMU or Ball State game. That's exactly what Nippert would look like if we joined the MAC.

I've watched a lot of bad football @ Nippert and Riverfront over the past 35+ years with the hope that the program would ascend to the level that it is now. I will continue to wait patiently for that invite from the ACC or B12, but going back to the MAC IS NOT AN OPTION. I will not be a season ticket holder like I have been for the past 20+ seasons if that occurs because that is the same as waving a white flag.

Those of you who desire the MAC are short-sighted and small-minded. I prefer to think big picture. I would hate to think all of my time and money spent supporting this program was wasted just to see us return to the MAC. We are better than that!
    RIP #12 Greg Cook (1946-2012)

Red Rocker
    CoB '90 MBA '04

Comment

I agree and disagree... My point is the America 12 is no better than the mac. That's my standpoint. You font think uc will play in empty stadiums vs Tulane? Tulsa? It's as broad as it is long.

Comment

Originally posted by East side Bearcat View Post
        I agree and disagree... My point is the America 12 is no better than the mac. That's my standpoint. You font think uc will play in empty stadiums vs Tulane? Tulsa? It's as broad as it is long.
        Yes, the A12 will be better than the MAC, in virtually every respect. As I stated above, there are dogs in both conferences, but more in the MAC. Is the A12 ideal? No. This isn't going to be permanent. Further conference alignment is ahead at some point, as soon as Jim Delaney gets itchy to add to his BTN value.

As for anyone who would like to transfer to the MAC (permanently or as an interim port in a storm), maybe you could pony up the $10M A12 exit fee. Of course, if you want in the MAC earlier than the 27-month waiting period allows, $10M would be a paltry sum, by comparison; not to mention the legal fees associated with the negotiations. I'd rather sit tight in a better overall league (particularly in basketball), then spend the exit dollars getting into the ACC. Or, do you expect to pay to go to the MAC, then the ACC later?
        Last edited by swilsonsp4; 03-08-2013, 02:46 PM.

Comment

As I mentioned earlier, were in a death trap... If uconn is poached, then what????

Comment

Who cares what they call it. Hopefully, we won't be there long enough to even notice.

Comment

As I mentioned earlier, were in a death trap... If uconn is poached, then what????
              Where's UConn going? There's debate if they would even go with UC to the ACC especially if FSU goes somewhere. It could be UC and USF. I think they have a decent program, but Syracuse and BC bring the NE TV markets.

There's still some bad blood between UConn and BC, VT. That's one of the reasons UL got the invite over UConn.

Red Rocker
              CoB '90 MBA '04

Comment

Originally posted by jplog View Post
                Who cares what they call it. Hopefully, we won't be there long enough to even notice.
                Yep. Exactly.

Red Rocker
                CoB '90 MBA '04

Comment

Coaching

It will be interesting what effect this has on the coaches ability to recruit...particularly in basketball.

After this season, I would not be surprised if Cronin is approached again.

The other jobs will likely look much more attractive than in the past.

Comment

The MAC would be the ultimate "death trap". We have to think big-picture. UC will land in a decent conference when the dust settles. UC will never play in the MAC, so quit thinking about it.

Comment

To be clear, I'm not thinking about the mac. My entire argument is that we might as well be in the mac. This new conference is on shaky ground from the start, uc uconn and usf want out... If any of those 3 leave, then yes, this conference is no better than the mac.

Comment

Originally posted by bearcattom View Post
                        It will be interesting what effect this has on the coaches ability to recruit...particularly in basketball.

After this season, I would not be surprised if Cronin is approached again.

The other jobs will likely look much more attractive than in the past.
                        Huggins seemed to do fine with recruiting in the Metro, Great Midwest and C-USA. Memphis does just fine also. Mick's bigger problem is recruiting and developing big guys plus a better offensive game plan. If Mick wants to leave, I'm sure we'd be able to find another quality coach that may be better than Mick.

Football will be the issue if we don't get an invite to the ACC within a couple of years.

Red Rocker
                        CoB '90 MBA '04

Comment

Originally posted by RedRocker View Post
                          Huggins seemed to do fine with recruiting in the Metro, Great Midwest and C-USA. Memphis does just fine also. Mick's bigger problem is recruiting and developing big guys plus a better offensive game plan. If Mick wants to leave, I'm sure we'd be able to find another quality coach that may be better than Mick.

Football will be the issue if we don't get an invite to the ACC within a couple of years.
                          True...although there is much more $ in college athletics now and the haves/have nots gap is wider.

Spending today watching football practice @ the Nip and then shoddy angled seats @ 5/3....everything really set in. The facilities do not feel big time. Until both are fixed...other places will look more attractive.

Comment

Back on topic here.

Sounds like my suggestion all along, Big Metro Athletic Conference (Big MAC), is picking up steam.

http://ajerseyguy.com/?p=5731

I like it, but In-n-Out (Burger) Conference was growing on me. I guess any hamburger joint support would be good.

Red Rocker
                            CoB '90 MBA '04

Comment

Originally posted by RedRocker View Post
                              Back on topic here.

Sounds like my suggestion all along, Big Metro Athletic Conference (Big MAC), is picking up steam.

http://ajerseyguy.com/?p=5731

I like it, but In-n-Out (Burger) Conference was growing on me. I guess any hamburger joint support would be good.
                              If they named it Burger Conference, there's a certain Cincinnati beer brand that could be the sponsor! Vas you ever in Zinzinnati?
                              UC MBA '08
                              Purdue '15

Comment

Originally posted by CaptainProbasco View Post
                                If they named it Burger Conference, there's a certain Cincinnati beer brand that could be the sponsor! Vas you ever in Zinzinnati?
                                My father worked for Burger. I think I have some Burger promotional material that might say that.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X