No announcement yet.

Big 12 in 2016

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I agree longtime, this guy just continues to speculate based on suspect sourcing and he's killing us with his "news breaking" attempts. As much as we like what he's saying its hard to trust it has any validity. If you guess enough times though, eventually you are gonna be right, I too hope its this time.

Comment

• These guys are generally all very iffy. Yoda is actually a Texas guy. However, not a Charlie Strong supporter. We'll see, but i stand by my earlier comments. Unless the tv contract info. that has been put out there is incorrect, they would be foolish to not go back to 12. This dribble about watering down the league, et. al is crap. All the p5 conferences have winners and losers, and teams like byu and cincy in fb and bb may not be the top 5 or 10, but they are far from dragging down the league.

Comment

• Does anyone know what he refers to as "Bellmont"?

Comment

• Bellmont Hall is the rec center at the University of Texas. Maybe he works out with someone important at Texas or maybe Chewbacca.

Comment

• That was complete sarcasm. My daughter is a high school junior and is intent on going to UC. While no campus is completely safe, I don't hear much of UC men's F-Ball or F-ball doing anything like this and/or getting away with it.

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
            Not sure if you're kidding or serious with Briles. I've seen people float that idea both ways. I suspect a lot of players' parents aren't going to want to deal with Briles after what happened at Baylor. He may think he's getting back into coaching next year but I suspect he'll have a show cause penalty fairly soon. As an AD you'd have to be pretty brave or desperate to take on the risk associated with hiring him as an HC.
            Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

• Seeing a lot of smoke about a straw vote on BYU coming up before an announcement is made on the 19th.
              Brent Wyrick
              92 Final Four Front Row
              @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• From the OU beat reporter: John E. Hoover
                @johnehoover
                Big 12 email: After Board of Directors meeting Tuesday, teleconference w Bob Bowlsby & Board chair/OU president David Boren. Should be fun.

Brent Wyrick
                92 Final Four Front Row
                @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• Dennis Dodd ‏@dennisdoddcbs 4m4 minutes ago Big 12 board of directors has scheduled conference call with media at conclusion of Tuesday meeting during B12 media days.

1 retweet 0 likes

Brent Wyrick
                  92 Final Four Front Row
                  @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• Dennis Dodd on Twitter: "Tuesday conference call with Big 12 board not expected to advance expansion talk."

Comment

• Originally posted by longtimefan View Post
                      Dennis Dodd on Twitter: "Tuesday conference call with Big 12 board not expected to advance expansion talk."
                      My question on that is, is there anything to advance at this point? I think the decision has been made already.
                      Brent Wyrick
                      92 Final Four Front Row
                      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• Originally posted by Lobot View Post

My question on that is, is there anything to advance at this point? I think the decision has been made already.
                        Nothing to advance? Does that mean you think they've already decided not to expand or who will get invites?
                        Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

• Originally posted by red_n_black_attack View Post

Nothing to advance? Does that mean you think they've already decided not to expand or who will get invites?
                          I'm personally of the opinion based on all the current smoke that they will expand with UC and BYU (football only) but really who knows. They've done the opposite in public of what everyone's thinks they should be doing at every turn so far so I think this "we're not talking about it, it's tabled" stuff is a smoke screen again. They've pretty tightly controlled everything since Boren went rogue at the beginning.

If they do expand, I'm guessing in 2024 when the Grant of right expires with FOX, OU, Kansas and Texas and maybe Ok St. will implode the whole thing and move on to a better paying conference.
                          Brent Wyrick
                          92 Final Four Front Row
                          @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• Also, although there are other things going on with UC in the Ath Dept. this weekend, Bohn is in town.
                            Brent Wyrick
                            92 Final Four Front Row
                            @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• @ChuckCarltonDMN 32m32 minutes ago

Best guess on Big 12 expansion from what I"m hearing: Rather than vote on particular candidates, decide whether to pursue it or end it now.

--

If they decide to pursue it how much more time and information do they need? The allies invaded Normandy and made it to Germany in far less time than these guys have been going back and forth on this.

Last edited by longtimefan; 07-17-2016, 10:40 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by longtimefan View Post
                                @ChuckCarltonDMN 32m32 minutes ago

If they decide to pursue it how much more time and information do they need? The allies invaded Normandy and made it to Germany in far less time than these guys have been going back and forth on this.

Fortunately for Ike, he didn't haven't to contend with the U of TX.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X