No announcement yet.

Big 12 in 2016

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Since we have been discussing UC getting IN to the Big 12, heres a small distraction until the 19th when they announce UC's invite ( wishful thinking) ... With 65 teams comprising the P5 , lets assume the Big 12 implodes, everyone scatters and the P4 becomes a reality leaving 64 teams.... what team gets left out when the music stops?(or teams if you think more than 1 doesnt get a spot and more than 1 school gets picked up)

Comment

• I'd personally like to see a total realignment of the P4 with schools not pulling their weight relegated to FBS Jr. Playing big boy football isn't in the financial best interest of some of these schools anyway or in some cases schools choose not to put forth effort to be competitive. It's more tradition than anything. Sweep the slate clean and start over. Some candidates to drop: Wake Forest, Northwestern, Vanderbilt, Boston College (?), Purdue. Private or small sports budget institutions. You could also argue Iowa St, Kansas, Rutgers. These are teams that are historic underperformers. Baylor should just plain be excommunicated and get the death penalty at this point after two incredibly nasty scandals. They stuff going on there makes SMU look good.
      Brent Wyrick
      92 Final Four Front Row
      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• https://n.rivals.com/news/take-two-m...n-state-misses
        "First take: “There is no question that the lack of expansion has hurt the Big 12 ". They make a good case for the Big 12 to expand because nobody there is recruiting well. Kansas is having a better recruiting class than Texas.

http://www.desmoinesregister.com/sto...game/86805698/
        Last edited by bearcatbret; 07-10-2016, 10:27 AM. Reason: Added new link

Comment

• Originally posted by bearcatbret View Post
          "First take: “There is no question that the lack of expansion has hurt the Big 12 ". They make a good case for the Big 12 to expand because nobody there is recruiting well. Kansas is having a better recruiting class than Texas.
          Recruiting SW OH is a much bigger advantage than Houston or anywhere in Utah. As the top three candidates for two positions are Houston, Cincinnati, and BYU - at least this bodes well for us. As an interesting aside, my take on the success of Michigan in Florida (same Rivals Take Two article) is that nearly any school should be able to recruit the Sunshine state well. A) there is a plethora of talent in the state and B) it's an easy sell to send coaches and assistant coaches to Florida.

As much as I don't want UC having even more competition for the local talent, seeing them in Norman would be more tolerable than South Bend or C-Bus...
          Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

• Hey the dud of west virginia said on his twitter that byu and possibly uc may be put up for a vote next week. It's gold Jerry...........it's gold.................Kenny Bana, Seinfeld.

Comment

• Originally posted by coach View Post
              Hey the dud of west virginia said on his twitter that byu and possibly uc may be put up for a vote next week. It's gold Jerry...........it's gold.................Kenny Bana, Seinfeld.

Yea don't hold your breath. There's a part of me that hopes Baylor wins the Big12 this year and then gets disqualified from participating in the playoffs by the NCAA. I would enjoy every minute of that.

Comment

• Originally posted by blackattack View Post

Yea don't hold your breath. There's a part of me that hopes Baylor wins the Big12 this year and then gets disqualified from participating in the playoffs by the NCAA. I would enjoy every minute of that.
                I find it hard to believe there was a small faction of donors that tried to only suspend him for a year! Per this article, his ties with Baylor have been fully severed and he is seeking to coach again next year. SMH

http://espn.go.com/college-football/...-coaching-2017

Comment

• The real drama is a number of the Baylor recruits have backed out and now committed to other b12 schools, particularly Texas. Talk about a dysfunctional situation.

Comment

• On a serious note, the one glimmer of light if all my reading on this is correct is that the b12 current members are leaving tv money on the table by staying at 10 teams. Without going into numbers, etc. if you consider they will not give any new members full shares in all likelihood the rest of the group could fare better with 12 teams. We'll see.

Comment

• Originally posted by coach View Post
                      On a serious note, the one glimmer of light if all my reading on this is correct is that the b12 current members are leaving tv money on the table by staying at 10 teams. Without going into numbers, etc. if you consider they will not give any new members full shares in all likelihood the rest of the group could fare better with 12 teams. We'll see.

There you go applying reason and logic to the Big 12.........you should know better by now!
                      All kidding aside your point is well taken and it gives me a glimmer of hope that UC could get in.

Comment

• Let's tie this Big 12 AAC mess all together. Baylor is interviewing Tom Herman from Houston for the permanent gig.
                        Brent Wyrick
                        92 Final Four Front Row
                        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• Originally posted by blackattack View Post

There you go applying reason and logic to the Big 12.........you should know better by now!
                          All kidding aside your point is well taken and it gives me a glimmer of hope that UC could get in.
                          At first glance it would appear to be apply reason and logic, but it's really dollars and cents which unfortunately rules the day. Ha!

Comment

• Originally posted by Lobot View Post
                            Let's tie this Big 12 AAC mess all together. Baylor is interviewing Tom Herman from Houston for the permanent gig.
                            Let's take it to the next level...UC can go after Art Briles to replace TT next year, even if we get the Big 12 invite.

Comment

• Not sure if you're kidding or serious with Briles. I've seen people float that idea both ways. I suspect a lot of players' parents aren't going to want to deal with Briles after what happened at Baylor. He may think he's getting back into coaching next year but I suspect he'll have a show cause penalty fairly soon. As an AD you'd have to be pretty brave or desperate to take on the risk associated with hiring him as an HC.
                              Last edited by Lobot; 07-14-2016, 05:35 PM.
                              Brent Wyrick
                              92 Final Four Front Row
                              @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• I know he is not the most accurate source, but hope he's right this time.

@TuxedoYoda 6:18 PM - 14 Jul 2016 Realignment dead? No sir. Cinci joining as full member. BYU football only. Announcement before season starts. Per my Bellmont source.

https://twitter.com/TuxedoYoda/statu...60661323124737

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X