Big 12 in 2016

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jake Trotter Verified account ‏@Jake_Trotter
    The Big 12 announces it has asked commissioner Bob Bowlsby to explore expansion candidates. “We look forward to hearing back form him."

Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• Appears to me the Big 12 was set on going after Fla St and the extended GOR killed their plan. Now they're looking to learn about possible candidates not from P-5.

Another round of data collection ahead. I predict it takes 21 months.
      Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

• Kirk Bohls ‏@kbohls 52s52 seconds ago Boren said looking at potential schools' fan bases, academic standing, television following, reputations.

Brent Wyrick
        92 Final Four Front Row
        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• I'm still listening, audio has been fine. doing Q&A now

Comment

• They basically approved expansion but said that they need to reassess the candidates. My thought is that they already have the institutions ranked and now they just have to all agree on which two to allow in and what the reduced revenue sharing agreement will be. It is interesting how Baylor has gone through such scrutiny but UNC is still skating and tricky Rick at UL is unblemished. Both schools in the ACC.

Comment

• Folks, they are basically soliciting bids at this point. It's about who wants to low bid the process and play for the least amount possible to placate the other schools financially. First take, this should be the goal regardless of the long term future of the conference. Playing for less is still way more than the AAC is going to give us over the next 6 years. If we're selected and I think we will be, we have to take a discount deal to even maintain our spending level on the football program. It's also going to allow basketball to put money into things that are needed and allow for better budgets for WBB and the Olympic sports as well. It would help pay down the debt of Varsity Village and Nippert and aid in the 5/3 retrofit. Despite this not being a perfect scenario, I don't see how we can turn this down if it's offered. From my viewpoint this is the end result of spending money to make money so I really hope this works out the way it should.
              Brent Wyrick
              92 Final Four Front Row
              @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• These guys are full of themselves... they basically just said on the call we are expanding but right now we will be accepting bids from schools of who is going to take the lowest money so we can stuff our pockets more... even so, we should take it.... but is someone going to underbid us?!

Comment

• Kirk Bohls on Twitter: "Bowlsby said a vote was taken, and "everyone was supportive" of expansion "as a concept. But a lot of work to do.""

Comment

• The vote of the Big 12 board to move forward on expansion was unanimous. Now if we can just get them to agree on candidates.
                    Brent Wyrick
                    92 Final Four Front Row
                    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• Bowlsby now saying teams could be added in time for 2017 season. This is going to happen fast now it seems like.
                      Brent Wyrick
                      92 Final Four Front Row
                      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• Any chance they goto 14? Did they say how many they were looking to add on the call I might have missed it

Comment

• Chuck Carlton on Twitter: "Boren said Big 12 will look at impact of addition of 2 or 4 schools, competitively and financially."

Comment

• So, longtime, you are say they will take 2 or 4 depending on who is willing to sacrifice their share of the TV pie? In a not so revolting way, is this an analogy of what Baylor did?

Comment

• The continual dangling of the carrot over our heads continues....

Comment

• My guess: All the schools not named Texas, Oklahoma, Kansas and Tech just realized that those schools will leave the conference in nine years.

That's why you hear it being reported that they're looking for FOUR schools, not two. They know they will have to replace at least four.

This gives the schools nine years to build up their programs and try to be a better conference than the AAC.

That puts us in a conference with:

UC
                                WVU
                                Baylor
                                BYU
                                Houston (guess)
                                Iowa State
                                Kansas State
                                Oklahoma State
                                TCU
                                Memphis (guess)

Could be worse, I suppose. It kind of is what it is. Definitely puts us on the outside looking into the Big Four.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X