Texas, Oklahoma reach out to SEC about joining conference

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by richard k. View Post

It may not be basketball but wouldn't you want to be in 5th/3rd for a conference game the first time Huggins leads his Mountaineers onto the floor?
    The Big East game when Mick was here playing Huggins' team was loads of fun. Never thought that'd happen again
    Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

• Originally posted by red_n_black_attack View Post

The Big East game when Mick was here playing Huggins' team was loads of fun. Never thought that'd happen again
      Do you mean Huggins in the banana suit? That was a great upset by Mick and the team.

Comment

• Yes, the banana suit blowout

Comment

• Brett McMurphy on with Mo Egger: Says it is not IF but WHEN ... sources telling him it's a real possibility these four schools could be in there while Texas and OU are still in (if they can't reach a settlement)

Comment

• Would love to beat the snot out of Texas in Nippert stadium if only once, doubt it will work out though

Comment

• Originally posted by Chewbacca2099 View Post
              Would love to beat the snot out of Texas in Nippert stadium if only once, doubt it will work out though
              Or maybe at Paul Brown Stadium?

Comment

• Ross Dellenger:
                UCF, UH, BYU & Cincy expected to apply for Big 12 membership next week & league presidents have the votes to admit them next Friday, sources tell me & @ByPatForde. Plan is to join in 2023, conceivably before OU & Texas leave, to create a 14-team league. https://www.si.com/college/2021/09/0...ucf-cincinnati

Comment

• Ross Dellenger at SI is reporting that formal applications will happen next week for the 4 schools and vote will be Friday for admission. He’s reporting that all four schools have the votes for admission
                  Brent Wyrick
                  92 Final Four Front Row
                  @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• Article is up.

https://www.si.com/college/2021/09/0...ucf-cincinnati
                    Brent Wyrick
                    92 Final Four Front Row
                    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• Originally posted by GoBearcats31 View Post

Not a chance. No home field advantage at that white elephant, regardless of attendance. The Longhorns would get their assigned allotment in the worst sections in Nippert, surrounded by 40,000 black-clad Bearcats ... at night.

Comment

• Originally posted by GoBearcats31 View Post

No. We have a home stadium. Selling more tix to opponents fans doesn't interest me

Comment

• The most important thing from the SI article is that they expect the Big12 will keep it's P5 status. That is huge and means we may finally have a secure spot at the big boy table for the foreseeable future. We all wish it was the ACC instead but this will be a good football conference and a killer bball conference

Comment

• I wish I could be more enthused about this. I just have a nagging feeling that it won’t turn out well in the long run. I just hope this doesn’t turn into a BE rerun. We, along with Louisville and USF, saved the Big East from the brink of collapse, less than a decade later it collapsed anyway. I just don’t want to get stuck like that again.

Comment

• Check out this article from USA TODAY:

Big 12 Conference selects four new schools to join league: BYU, Houston, Central Florida and Cincinnati

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...ti/5721822001/
                              Brent Wyrick
                              92 Final Four Front Row
                              @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• I think this is the best option at this time I am pretty excited. We have the top 3 teams from the AAC and adding BYU, Iowa State, Oklahoma State, TCU and WV to enhance football. This will be decent football and great basketball conference and should only enhance recruiting. Not to mention the money. The Big 12 should remain a Power 5 and i also think we will be better positioned when the next round of realignment comes. I also feel for the the AAC as they will need to start raiding other conferences but will not be able to get the quality of teams that they are losing.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X