Clear All

• Expansion Thread 2023

Out with the old in with the new.

Previous thread was here:

https://vb.bearcatnews.com/forum/con...ead-2022/page8
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

Since I was not able to cut and past the graphic, here is the article. Scroll down to see UConn listed in the Big 10. LOOK: FOX accidentally adds UConn to Big Ten during broadcast mistake on Saturday (msn.com)

Comment

Originally posted by bearcatbret View Post
      Since I was not able to cut and past the graphic, here is the article. Scroll down to see UConn listed in the Big 10. LOOK: FOX accidentally adds UConn to Big Ten during broadcast mistake on Saturday (msn.com)
      I just looked at Maryland's record/standings and the numbers listed for UConn would be correct for Maryland at that time.
      Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

This whole SMU and San Diego St to the Pac 12 things feels forced by the PAC. SMU brings nothing of value to the conference for the most part. At least SDSU is in their basic footprint. Seems like they'd want Fresno St or UNLV before SMU but I might be wrong. ($?)

https://www.dallasnews.com/sports/sm...der-the-radar/
        Brent Wyrick
        92 Final Four Front Row
        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

It looks like the PAC is being forced by their streaming suitors to expand prior to a deal. All that I have read is that the PAC wants to get a footprint in Texas. Good luck with that. It also sounds like over half of their inventory will be on a streaming platform. They may get a little more money but they will lose visibility. I do not think that the presidents are happy with the way things are going.

Comment

It looks like the PAC is being forced by their streaming suitors to expand prior to a deal. All that I have read is that the PAC wants to get a footprint in Texas. Good luck with that. It also sounds like over half of their inventory will be on a streaming platform. They may get a little more money but they will lose visibility. I do not think that the presidents are happy with the way things are going.
            They'll take it out on Kliavkoff, which is funny since Larry Scott is the one who got them into this mess in the first place. We used to complain about Aresco but Scott was borderline imcompetent on media deals for the PAC
            Last edited by Lobot; 02-09-2023, 07:17 PM.
            Brent Wyrick
            92 Final Four Front Row
            @LobotC2DFW

Comment

I saw in the Cincinnati Enquirer today a headline that stated Cincinnati basketball under Miller was not making progress. I was not able read the piece. I was wondering if someone can tell me what the basic message of the piece was. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by leeraymond View Post
                I saw in the Cincinnati Enquirer today a headline that stated Cincinnati basketball under Miller was not making progress. I was not able read the piece. I was wondering if someone can tell me what the basic message of the piece was. Thanks.
                Pretty sure you've got the wrong thread but I'll try and check it out
                Brent Wyrick
                92 Final Four Front Row
                @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by leeraymond View Post
                  I read that piece. Because I am a subscriber, I won’t discuss the specifics. But, a fair summary is that the article points out good and bad aspects of Miller’s tenure to date.

Comment

Originally posted by London 'Cat View Post

I read that piece. Because I am a subscriber, I won’t discuss the specifics. But, a fair summary is that the article points out good and bad aspects of Miller’s tenure to date.
                    So, is the headline accurate?

Comment

Originally posted by longtimefan View Post

So, is the headline accurate?
                      The whole thing is clickbait.

Jason Williams has made a career of writing articles, both sports and political, that aren't very insightful but provoke reactions to drive traffic to the Enquirer website.

"Is/Are Biden/Democrats/Trump/Republicans/Bearcats/Reds/Bengals/etc Doomed?"

You get the picture.

Comment

Originally posted by bobestes View Post

The whole thing is clickbait.

Jason Williams has made a career of writing articles, both sports and political, that aren't very insightful but provoke reactions to drive traffic to the Enquirer website.

"Is/Are Biden/Democrats/Trump/Republicans/Bearcats/Reds/Bengals/etc Doomed?"

You get the picture.
                        Thought so. I don’t subscribe to the Enquirer anymore, and Williams is the #1 reason why.

Comment

The presidents shouldn't be happy. Broadcasting games is a way to also advertise the university. It helps reach new students, open the eyes of some high school/AAU coaches to help recruiting and generate viewers to see the marketing banners in stadium/arena. If you move to streaming, you only get the diehard fans willing to shell out the money to watch while missing out on casual fans or people new to your product. Streaming is a convenient way for alums living abroad or even other regions to see broadcast, but you still want some sort of broadcast presence.
                          Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

Here's an article from the Athletic national folks on the PAC12/SMU/Etc. ($)

https://theathletic.com/4171699/2023...12-smu-big-12/
                            Brent Wyrick
                            92 Final Four Front Row
                            @LobotC2DFW

Comment

CBS Dennis Dodd on Big 12 expansion

https://www.cbssports.com/college-fo...exas-oklahoma/
                              Brent Wyrick
                              92 Final Four Front Row
                              @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X