Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Big 10 wants to gets to 16 teams, The SEC is there next year. The Big 10 will add Oregon and Washington, which gets them to 16. If the Big XII hoovers up some of the PAC 12 that would get them to the same number but that would mean taking only taking 4 teams. Or, and this is out way there on my part, The Big XII shuffles us and West Virginia to the ACC and takes an additional 2 schools from the PAC. That gives you 4 leagues of 16, which is the endgame we thought it was going to be years ago in previous expansion threads from way back.

The PAC is toast. The leftovers will be in the Mountain West in 2025.
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by red_n_black_attack View Post

No matter how many teams are in conference, we have same number of games. None of the Pac12 schools are harder to travel to than TCU. If networks drive Pac10 to dissolve, then that means the networks aren't working to dissolve Big 12. If there are going to be 4 superconferences, then bully for the Big 12 to be one of them. However; one thing I believe is the Big 10 is done going west. They are waiting for the ACC, which ESPN is protecting because they're cheap good content
      I guess i didn’t explain myself well here. It’s not football or basketball, but the other sports. Swimming, tennis, soccer, golf, track and field, baseball, lacrosse, volleyball. Those start to add up.

Comment

Originally posted by bba_1979 View Post

I guess i didn’t explain myself well here. It’s not football or basketball, but the other sports. Swimming, tennis, soccer, golf, track and field, baseball, lacrosse, volleyball. Those start to add up.
        There will be a small increase in travel time, but flight costs are about the same to popular destinations, and we are going to need to fly to any Big 12 school except WVU, right. Corvallis is hard to get to, but Seattle, Phoenix, Salt Lake, etc.. are easy enough
        Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
          The Big 10 wants to gets to 16 teams, The SEC is there next year. The Big 10 will add Oregon and Washington, which gets them to 16. If the Big XII hoovers up some of the PAC 12 that would get them to the same number but that would mean taking only taking 4 teams. Or, and this is out way there on my part, The Big XII shuffles us and West Virginia to the ACC and takes an additional 2 schools from the PAC. That gives you 4 leagues of 16, which is the endgame we thought it was going to be years ago in previous expansion threads from way back.

I believe that that Big 10 is at 14 right now and UCLA and USC gets them to 16. The addition of Oregon and Washington would make it 18.

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post

Trade? Plus I hope not, the ACC is making half of the Big 12

Comment

Originally posted by bearcatbret View Post

I believe that that Big 10 is at 14 right now and UCLA and USC gets them to 16. The addition of Oregon and Washington would make it 18.
              You’re correct . That screws my whole premise
              Brent Wyrick
              92 Final Four Front Row
              @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Trade? Plus I hope not, the ACC is making half of the Big 12
                I have a gut feeling that once the ACC's media rights deal expires, we will see a whole different look of conferences. I suspect that there will be 4 NFL type conferences where it is set up more regionally. You will have the Big 10 east and west divisions and the SEC east and west.

Comment

Apparently, there have been conversations about an ACC-PAC merger to become the "Atlantic Pacific Athletic Conference (APAC)". This would include a full merger minus some schools from both conferences. Spoiler alert - in this scenario, loserville finds itself without a home. The Pac 12’s Leadership Needs To Ink A New Media Deal Then Start ACC Merger Talks. (forbes.com)

Comment

ACC talking about unequal revenue sharing to keep FSU and Clemson (maybe Miami) happy. Talks about conference look into the 2030's. Mentions that the ACC members are watching the PAC implode.
                    How could unequal revenue sharing impact Florida State and the ACC? (msn.com)

Comment

Here’s a site I follow and would never have expected them to throw sports news out.

https://appleinsider.com/articles/23...ple-tv-bailout
                      Last edited by Lobot; 02-21-2023, 07:32 PM.
                      Brent Wyrick
                      92 Final Four Front Row
                      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

PAC is really scraping the bottom of the barrell there. I'll never get apple TV, too many other subscriptions already

Comment

Originally posted by Chewbacca2099 View Post
                          PAC is really scraping the bottom of the barrell there. I'll never get apple TV, too many other subscriptions already
                          The problem with streaming is missing out on the casual fan. I'd be okay paying for a streaming service Sept-March to watch Bearcatfootball and basketball.

Comment

The problem with streaming is missing out on the casual fan. I'd be okay paying for a streaming service Sept-March to watch Bearcatfootball and basketball.
                            This probably really isn't a problem for anyone here unless you root for a PAC team. However, look for freebies with Apple TV+, Especially if you have a smart TV. The AppleTV App is baked in on some of the newer LEDs and OLEDs which means you don't need the Apple TV physical box and the streaming service is often given away as part of cellular (Verizon?) and Internet provider deals deals. Usually it's as a 1 year or 90 day trial.
                            Brent Wyrick
                            92 Final Four Front Row
                            @LobotC2DFW

Comment

I suspect that beginning in 2024 most of the late-night games on traditional TV will be either USC or UCLA. I also suspect that the Big 10 will schedule so that only one of those two teams play at home each week thus alternating late games between USC and UCLA.

Yahoo has compiled several articles that paint a bleak picture for the PAC. Pac 12 realignment, expansion speculation: Latest on media deal, merger talks, new members (yahoo.com)
                              Last edited by bearcatbret; 02-22-2023, 01:56 PM.

Comment

17 million people watched OSU/Michigan while 13 million people watch Tennessee Georgia. 4.98 million people watched NC State take on Clemson, while 4.35 million watched TCU against Baylor. Only 3.5 million people watched Oregon take on in-state rival Ore St, and that was more people than watched ranked Oregon take on ranked Utah.

These were the highest rated/viewed games for each conference (minus USC/UCLA for the Pac 12) and is the answer when looking at why tv revenue disparities are so high. Maybe this is also why the Pac10 may no longer exist in short order.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-fo...d-rights-deal/

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X