X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bearcatbret
    replied
    Originally posted by Chewbacca2099 View Post
    I selfishly want the ACC to implode so we can get some of our geographical rivals back... Loserville and Pitt would be great to play again... And I imagine the big12 would be open to having them to link up with us and WVU
    If you want to rethink old rivalries, go back to the Metro Conference. FSU, Loserville, South Carolina, and Virginia Tech were in that conference with UC. I think that Georgia Tech and Tulane were also in that conference. Of course, they were all independent in football.

Leave a comment:

• Chewbacca2099
    replied
    I selfishly want the ACC to implode so we can get some of our geographical rivals back... Loserville and Pitt would be great to play again... And I imagine the big12 would be open to having them to link up with us and WVU

Leave a comment:

• leeraymond
    replied
    It is kind of funny that there is so much talk right now around the stability of the ACC. Remember a few years back when the ACC help to DESTROY the BIG EAST? At the time, the BIG EAST was considered a Power Conference and the best basketball conference in college basketball. Also remember that UC was a BIG EAST member school. Be careful of the harm that you cause; it may come back to you. Although I wish NO harm on any conference, I do not cry for the ACC.
    Last edited by leeraymond; 08-17-2023, 01:14 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Lobot
    replied
    Per Nicole Auerbach:

FSU's board of trustees does not have a meeting scheduled for tomorrow. They need to give 24 hours' notice for any board meetings. So, the Seminoles will remain in the ACC — through at least 2024-25.

Leave a comment:

• bearcatbret
    replied
    Originally posted by Lobot View Post
    I can’t remember the reporter but someone mentioned that the ACC PAC thing is dead in the water. There are apparently 4 ACC schools opposed to bringing in Stanford and Cal.
    I believe that those teams that voted against adding the PAC are the ones looking the hardest to move out of the ACC. ND was really pushing for it. On another note, I read an interview with the Boston College AD. He was very blunt that the next round of realignment, BC will be sent to the Group of Five. BC was in favor of adding the PAC 4.

Leave a comment:

• Lobot
    replied
    I can’t remember the reporter but someone mentioned that the ACC PAC thing is dead in the water. There are apparently 4 ACC schools opposed to bringing in Stanford and Cal.

Leave a comment:

• Chewbacca2099
    replied
    Talks of PAC4 and AAC merger are heating up. But there's really only a handful of schools in the AAC that would be worth anything at all nowadays. I could see them MAYBE getting to 10 teams with adds from AAC but that won't be enough to dissolve the current AAC and since Aresco is involved in the talks I'm not sure what the end goal is going to look like.

Memphis, Tulane, Tulsa, SMU, USF... then who... East Carolina? They'll likely want to add SDSU still but that can't happen for next year anymore.

Leave a comment:

• red_n_black_attack
    replied
    Do we really think schools like Clemson, Miami, and FSU will whither on the vine? Yes, there is a significant gap in tv revenue, but these programs have deep pockets for NIL and already have tremendous facilities at their disposal. They can and will still compete for 5-star and 4-star rated players, winning their fair share of those recruiting battles.

Leave a comment:

• bearcatbret
    replied
    Originally posted by Bearcats1232002 View Post

Clemson and Florida State are by far the biggest names left on the board. (Except for maybe Notre Dame) There is no way those two "wither on the vine". Virginia and North Carolina are desirable too but I think Clemson and Florida State would go first.
    I do not disagree with you that Clemson and FSU are the big names on the board. However, based on the article, the SEC is willing to let them die a painful death instead of throwing them a lifeline. The article states that the SEC does not want to compete with them for recruits and that they are already in those states. ESPN already has those states wrapped up with the SEC. I just found it interesting that the author is suspecting that there will be foul play here whether it is SEC driven or TV driven. The article stated that both the B1G and SEC are looking for new markets. Clemson and FSU do not add new markets for the SEC.

Leave a comment:

• Bearcats1232002
    replied
    Originally posted by bearcatbret View Post
    Dying on the ACC vine: what will Big Ten, SEC do about FSU, Clemson, and Miami? (on3.com)
    An interesting read and one that delves into different scenarios about the B1G and the SEC. Conclusion is that North Carolina State and Virginia are the two schools most sought after by the B!G and SEC. It also states that Clemson, FSU and Miami are going to wither on the vine. Also, both the B1G and SEC are likely to sit tight for now and wait.
    Clemson and Florida State are by far the biggest names left on the board. (Except for maybe Notre Dame) There is no way those two "wither on the vine". Virginia and North Carolina are desirable too but I think Clemson and Florida State would go first.

Leave a comment:

• bearcatbret
    replied
    Dying on the ACC vine: what will Big Ten, SEC do about FSU, Clemson, and Miami? (on3.com)
    An interesting read and one that delves into different scenarios about the B1G and the SEC. Conclusion is that North Carolina State and Virginia are the two schools most sought after by the B!G and SEC. It also states that Clemson, FSU and Miami are going to wither on the vine. Also, both the B1G and SEC are likely to sit tight for now and wait.

Leave a comment:

• bearcatbret
    replied
    Just some humor. I saw a meme today and it was the Dallas Cowboys celebrating that they were admitted to the Big 12.

Leave a comment:

• leeraymond
    replied
    Originally posted by bearcatbret View Post
    Everyone seems to be concerned about the travel and how it will affect the student-athlete now that it is UCLA, Cal, Washington, Oregon making the travels. This has been going on for decades with Conference USA and the AAC. Nobody seemed to care about it when it was only low recognition colleges with low TV deals.
    You are absolutely correct. I remember UC in those leagues. However, in CUSA, only Houston was the travel nightmare. In the AAC, both Houston and SMU were difficult road games. In the BIG XII, the only road game that will not be a difficult trip is WV. It is easier to deal with the CRAZY conference traveling schedules when the conference is somewhat weak. A team can still get wins on the road in a weak conference. For UC, playing Iowa State or BYU is going to be a lot different from playing Tulsa or Wichita State. As I recall, Tulsa has history of upsetting UC from time to time. The road schedule in the BIG XII is NOT going to be a joke. Bob Huggins had a warning about joining the BIG XII for those teams that were NOT regional. Every team is different. As a UC fan, I am hoping that West Virginia's current fate in the BIG XII is NOT going to be UC's fate.
    Last edited by leeraymond; 08-11-2023, 04:42 PM.

Leave a comment:

• bearcatbret
    replied
    It appears that ESPN last year, offered the PAC 12 $30M per school per year. That probably would have been enough to keep the conference together. The PAC turned it down and countered with $50M which allowed ESPN to walk away. College football realignment: Pac-12 turned down ESPN offer, per report (msn.com)

This is an even better article. REPORT: Dollar figure finally emerges on ‘significant’ ESPN deal Pac-12 rejected (yahoo.com)
    Last edited by bearcatbret; 08-11-2023, 02:56 PM.

Leave a comment:

• D.A.H.
    replied
    Originally posted by Lobot View Post
    If you thought my thoughts on realignment were kind of off, Chris Vannini goes even farther here ($)

https://theathletic.com/4750009/2023...nt-tv-revenue/
    he's not wrong - whatever it is / will become, its out of pandora's box

Leave a comment:

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X