X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bearcatbret
    replied
    I think that this would be front page news if they were in talks. It is not like the PAC 4 has to remain silent and secretive at this point. It sounds like writers are trying to make news and I am sure that the PAC 4 would like to make a move vs. the Mountain West. College football expansion: 2 Pac-12 schools looking into Big 12 move, per report (msn.com)

Leave a comment:

• Lobot
    replied
    Originally posted by Mike800Run View Post
    From On3....

Report: Big 12 emerges as new potential landing spot fo Cal, Stanford

"According to Mike Silver of the San Francisco Chronicle, the Big 12 has “surfaced” as an option for Cal and Stanford. There could be an opportunity for the other remaining two Pac-12 schools, Oregon State and Washington State, to be included in the deal as well.*

"Getting Cal, Stanford, Oregon State, and Washington State into the fold would put the Big 12 at 20 teams — the largest conference in the country."

https://www.on3.com/news/cal-stanfor...alignment-acc/
    Or not...

Brett McMurphy

Despite various reports to the contrary, Big 12 has not had conversations w/any of the Pac-4 schools & has no intention in engaging w/those schools, multiple Big 12 sources told

@ActionNetworkHQ
    Last edited by Lobot; 08-27-2023, 02:33 PM.

Leave a comment:

• bearcatbret
    replied
    I am not keen on Cal and Stanford just because of their arrogance and it is because of their arrogance that they are where they are. I would rather have them feel the pain of the dissolved Big East football conference. I would rather wait for the ACC to fall apart and pick off a few of their teams.

Leave a comment:

• Mike800Run
    replied
    From On3....

Report: Big 12 emerges as new potential landing spot fo Cal, Stanford

"According to Mike Silver of the San Francisco Chronicle, the Big 12 has “surfaced” as an option for Cal and Stanford. There could be an opportunity for the other remaining two Pac-12 schools, Oregon State and Washington State, to be included in the deal as well.*

"Getting Cal, Stanford, Oregon State, and Washington State into the fold would put the Big 12 at 20 teams — the largest conference in the country."

https://www.on3.com/news/cal-stanfor...alignment-acc/

Leave a comment:

• bearcatbret
    replied
    Originally posted by Lobot View Post
    Kyle is not making sense there. Utah and BYU are in the same conference starting in 2024. Does he not know that?
    I suspect it is the arrogance of Utah thinking that they will be invited to one of the Big Two. Yes, he knows that they are in the same conference now but not soon.... Utah's Kyle Whittingham doubts the Holy War with BYU will be permanent, hints at more realignment - Sports Illustrated Utah Utes News, Analysis and More

As for the Memphis "State" news. University of Memphis community should seize the moment on conference realignment | Opinion (yahoo.com)

I am old enough to remember the UC - MSU rivalry and I will always remember them as Memphis State for those younger fans.

Leave a comment:

• Lobot
    replied
    Kyle is not making sense there. Utah and BYU are in the same conference starting in 2024. Does he not know that?

Leave a comment:

• bearcatbret
    replied
    It is the 2nd anniversary of the "Alliance" and people are making fun of it. ACC, Big Ten, Pac-12 ‘Alliance’ Looks Even More Funny on Today’s Two-Year Anniversary (msn.com)
    In other news, Memphis "State" is pushing to be invited to the big league by investing, talking, and giving buy one get one with the purchase of tickets to fill their stadiums - multiple sports. Also, Kyle Whittingham is stating that the Holy War rivalry will not last more than a few years because of future landscape shifting.

Leave a comment:

• bearcatbret
    replied
    Originally posted by swilsonsp4 View Post

SMU reportedly offered the PAC five years free.
    That has been reported about the ACC. I doubt if SMU is interested in the PAC now.

Leave a comment:

• Lobot
    replied
    Somebody just posted that SMU is moments away from chartering other teams jets to come play them.

Leave a comment:

• swilsonsp4
    replied
    Originally posted by Lobot View Post

According to Thamel, one of the entry requirements for SMU is to forgo TV revenue sharing for 7 years. I don't have the numbers but that seems like an awful deal.
    SMU reportedly offered the PAC five years free.

Leave a comment:

• Lobot
    replied
    Originally posted by GoBearcats31 View Post
    Pete Thamel's sources:

The potential additions of Cal, Stanford and SMU to the ACC are again under serious consideration by the ACC. A small group of ACC presidents met Wednesday morning to discuss financial models that would come with the additions.
    According to Thamel, one of the entry requirements for SMU is to forgo TV revenue sharing for 7 years. I don't have the numbers but that seems like an awful deal.

Leave a comment:

• GoBearcats31
    replied
    Pete Thamel's sources:

The potential additions of Cal, Stanford and SMU to the ACC are again under serious consideration by the ACC. A small group of ACC presidents met Wednesday morning to discuss financial models that would come with the additions.

Leave a comment:

• Lobot
    replied
    Originally posted by bearcatbret View Post
    The Longhorn Network was maybe the catalyst of realignment a decade ago. It will no longer exist in the SEC. Last rodeo for Texas' Longhorn Network (tulsaworld.com)
    Of all the things that killed ESPN's bottom line, this was the biggest boondoggle IMO.
    Last edited by Lobot; 08-23-2023, 05:27 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Lobot
    replied
    There's a meeting in the ACC tonight to formally vote on Stanford, Cal and SMU. I do not expect them to be approved based on several reporters. For starters it appears that Clemson and FSU are against it plus others as well.

Leave a comment:

• bearcatbret
    replied
    The Longhorn Network was maybe the catalyst of realignment a decade ago. It will no longer exist in the SEC. Last rodeo for Texas' Longhorn Network (tulsaworld.com)

Leave a comment:

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X