Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
    Northwestern all the way back
    Sparty recovers a fumble for TD to seal it. Have to imagine a two loss Northwestern team is not a threat if UC runs the conference table.
    "In the morning he would read the Bible with another coach. Then, in the afternoon, he would go out and cheat kids who had probably saved up money from mowing lawns to buy those raffle tickets. That's Jim Tressel." - former colleague to Jim Tressel as quoted in Sports Illustrated.

Comment

I don't think we're going to get too many surprises in the next poll on Tuesday. I suspect Florida and Texas A&M will flip spots after a lackluster game by the Aggies offense. If UC gets passed from behind it will be Georgia at #9 who smoked South Carolina last night. UGA's losses are to Alabama and Florida so from a strength of schedule standpoint it's not going to surprise me if we get passed here. We may have done ourselves a favor by not playing Temple on that same basis. Our resulting SOS would have dropped us farther.

I usually don't do predictions but I think we'll be #8 this week.
      Brent Wyrick
      92 Final Four Front Row
      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

I don't think we're going to get too many surprises in the next poll on Tuesday. I suspect Florida and Texas A&M will flip spots after a lackluster game by the Aggies offense. If UC gets passed from behind it will be Georgia at #9 who smoked South Carolina last night. UGA's losses are to Alabama and Florida so from a strength of schedule standpoint it's not going to surprise me if we get passed here. We may have done ourselves a favor by not playing Temple on that same basis. Our resulting SOS would have dropped us farther.

What's the deal with the SEC schedule this year? It looks like they have one more regular season game scheduled for Dec. 5th. Florida plays Tennessee, TAMU plays Auburn, and Georgia plays Vanderbilt. It looks like a few teams had postponed games including Georgia vs. Mizzou, TAMU vs. Tennessee and Ole Miss (Tenn. scheduled for 12/12) and Florida vs. LSU (sched. for 12/12). Does anyone know whether Georgia is expected to make up the game vs. Mizzou, and if TAMU gets out of the game against Ole Miss? Guessing the TAMU -Ole Miss game is scratched since the SEC Championship game is 12/19. Have to assume Alabama will be the leader in the West and Florida will represent the East. Odds suggest Florida will have two losses after the conference title game so that leaves TAMU with one loss, Georgia with two, and Florida with two assuming each team wins the games they're expected to. Would be curious how UC stacks up in that scenario.

"In the morning he would read the Bible with another coach. Then, in the afternoon, he would go out and cheat kids who had probably saved up money from mowing lawns to buy those raffle tickets. That's Jim Tressel." - former colleague to Jim Tressel as quoted in Sports Illustrated.

Comment

A two loss team that finally has their QB will pass the eye test, but the committee uses more than the eye test. I think we stand pat at 7. It will be interesting to see how the Buckeyes are treated this week and next week. IF they manage to scrape together enough players at all position groups to play Sparty, it will be more than a mild surprise.
          Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

Appears OSU and Mich State is about to get canceled.
            Brent Wyrick
            92 Final Four Front Row
            @LobotC2DFW

Comment

So, that only gives them 5 possible games. I guess they won't be able to play in the Big 10 CG? Also, what does that do for their chances of playing in the playoff if they have only played 5 games on the season? Weird stuff!

Comment

Originally posted by Gilenerm View Post
                So, that only gives them 5 possible games. I guess they won't be able to play in the Big 10 CG? Also, what does that do for their chances of playing in the playoff if they have only played 5 games on the season? Weird stuff!
                The big Ten is having a championship weekend, the east teams play the same place west teasm on same weekend as Big ten championship game, so it's possible Ohio state gets to play a really good Wisconsin team. As to the CFP, who knows!! If it was about fair, UCF would've been invite. If it is about the best teams to qualify, then I think (objectively and subjectively) that UC should get in the CFP, or at least Ohio state gets left out.

If the MSU game gets cancelled today, then we will know around 7:05 tomorrow night how the committee views a good team with few games and fewer quality opponents.

Comment

Appears OSU and Mich State is about to get canceled.
                  Also seeing that Michigan is pausing football activities today. Depending on which position groups or haw many players, this could mean Ohio state may not play another game until championship weekend and only have 4 regular season games.

Comment

Originally posted by Gilenerm View Post
                    This is correct. Buckeyes need to play 6 agmes and are currently at 4-0. One more cancelation and they are out of the B1G championship.

This does NOT affect their eligibiity for the CFP as far as I know. I think if they didn't win their league and didn't play in the conference championship, the CFP folks would be hard pressed to put them in the CFP. But, since we all know how the P5 cartel works, don't put it past them.
                    Brent Wyrick
                    92 Final Four Front Row
                    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

These Michigan cancellations are the only way they can beat o$u and cause them harm. Their seasons are lost so why not.

Comment

I saw that the Hoosiers, who gave the Buckeyes all they could handle before bowing out of the CFP race, just lost their best player, QB Michael Penix, to an ACL tear that he incurred on Saturday against MD.

Comment

ESPN just reported that the OSU-MSU game might still be played. Per Ryan Day, if the Buckeyes have sufficient players available to practice on Thursday, they'll have a go at it.

Comment

Originally posted by swilsonsp4 View Post
                            ESPN just reported that the OSU-MSU game might still be played. Per Ryan Day, if the Buckeyes have sufficient players available to practice on Thursday, they'll have a go at it.
                            Day is not able to coach that game. He's in protocol himself. OSU has restarted practice though
                            Brent Wyrick
                            92 Final Four Front Row
                            @LobotC2DFW

Comment

The ACC has announced schedule changes for the remainder of the season that ensures Notre Dame gets a path to the ACC championship. It also appears that they have attempted to protect Clemson from dropping out of the 4th spot in the rankings.

I post more when I get a good synopsis of this
                              Brent Wyrick
                              92 Final Four Front Row
                              @LobotC2DFW

Comment

I kinda expected that might be coming. If they don't play a conference championship game and declare ND the winner, then both stay in the top 4 and get in. If they played and Clemson would lose, they are definitely out. A ND loss and I'm not sure if they stay top four but the conference doesn't want to take the chance.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X