No announcement yet.

CFP Rankings 2020

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

True but Florida has to play Alabama in Conference Championship game - probably its second loss. Do we pass them? If somehow Fla wins, they might both get in.
    Clemson has to play ND again in their championship. If they lose, do we pass them? If Clemson wins, both of them probably stay in.
    OSU is almost everyones #4 right now. Unlikely they lose in their championship but possible. Might we pass them?
    A&M looks in decent shape right now as they have a win over Fla and should win out at this point. They catch a break because they won't play in their Championship game.They will be the toughest for us to pass.
    So if the right combination of these options happen, we still have a chance, BUT that's a big IF plus we have to beat Tulsa twice to even be in the conversation.

Comment

Originally posted by Chewbacca2099 View Post
      I was surprised by CCU but thought we would beat either team. I also watched the tam/auburn game and thought we would match those teams as well.

Anybody that watched the Byu/Boise game earlier in the year probably would have taken CC in that game without a doubt. Boise basically played without a qb otherwise I believe that game would have been very close. It was very reminiscent of the loss we took against VT in the first Military Bowl when we had to play Colisimo's son. Byu scores points. Can't beat them without any offense. I'll be curious to see how far Byu falls in the polls.

Comment

A&M vs. Ole MIss just got cancelled. Provided we don't cancel as well, it's an opportunity to move up.
        Brent Wyrick
        92 Final Four Front Row
        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
          A&M vs. Ole MIss just got cancelled. Provided we don't cancel as well, it's an opportunity to move up.
          How so? I doubt even two wins over Tulsa gets us passing A&M. Their lone loss to Bama and win over Gators will be "seen" as passing the eye test we didn't get a chance to put on a display. I cannot see the committee leaving out an undefeated Big Ten champion, even though our SOS was higher. Our chances relied on A&M taking a loss, Florida losing, and Ohio state losing to either Michigan or Northwestern. A&M not playing is not good for us.
          Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

I feel the same way. The only way we pass anybody at this point is if they lose and back up, Being Idle or winning against anybody holds us off even with 2 wins over Tulsa.

Comment

Originally posted by RedDog View Post
              I feel the same way. The only way we pass anybody at this point is if they lose and back up, Being Idle or winning against anybody holds us off even with 2 wins over Tulsa.
              The only way we get in now is if ohio state loses to either Michigan or Northwestern AND Bama beats Florida, and Noter Shame beats Clemson. Several two loss teams and us undefeated along with ND and Bama. Texas A&M would be the 3rd ranked team with us likely seeded 4th. Sorry, but all three of those happening is not likely to happen.

Comment

OSU vs Michigan is canceled. The Buckeyes are not eligible for the B1G championship game. It’ll be interesting to see how the CFP handles this mess.
                Brent Wyrick
                92 Final Four Front Row
                @LobotC2DFW

Comment

OSU vs Michigan is canceled. The Buckeyes are not eligible for the B1G championship game. It’ll be interesting to see how the CFP handles this mess.
                  The Big Ten will change the rules. I'd rather see them play the Badgers. Can't wait to see ohio state ranking tonight

Comment

Originally posted by red_n_black_attack View Post

The Big Ten will change the rules. I'd rather see them play the Badgers. Can't wait to see ohio state ranking tonight
                    The B1G brass has screwed this up from the get go. OSU basically can't play a non conference game in place of this game becuase of their prior ruling on Nebraska. They could have conceivably played Texas A&M this week instead of Michigan and made it a play in game game for the CFP but nope.
                    Brent Wyrick
                    92 Final Four Front Row
                    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

UC slipped to #8 behind IA State.

Comment

Coastal Carolina moved up 5 slots to #13.

Comment

Originally posted by swilsonsp4 View Post
                          UC slipped to #8 behind IA State.
                          I will be very happy playing Florida in the Peach Bowl!

B.C.

"A veteran of the Humanitarian Bowl, 1997!"

Comment

I find that ridiculous at this point. ISU has two losses to Louisiana at home and OK State in Stillwater. Granted those are both ranked teams but we’ve beaten teams that were ranked at the time we played them.

If they beat Oklahoma then move them up but not yet.
                            Brent Wyrick
                            92 Final Four Front Row
                            @LobotC2DFW

Comment

The B1G brass has screwed this up from the get go. OSU basically can't play a non conference game in place of this game becuase of their prior ruling on Nebraska. They could have conceivably played Texas A&M this week instead of Michigan and made it a play in game game for the CFP but nope.
                              I meant in champions weekend, play #2 Wisconsin instead of #1 Northwestern. I think the conference will change the rules and allow them to play in the conference championship

Comment

The only way Michigan could do harm to o$u was to not play their game. They had zero chance of winning and Covid keeps scumbag Harbaugh from making his last game at M another loss to the Buckeyes. I agree they will change the rules to allow o$u in the championship game, and good riddance to Harbaugh.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X