No announcement yet.

Peach Bowl 1/1 12:00 ESPN

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has anyone watched Georgia this year? I have not and I'm interested in the narrative that the media is putting out there that Daniels is the reason that they will destroy us. What is different about Daniels that he is that much better than his predecessor? Arm, decision making, mobility? Just curious.

Comment

QB rating is quite a bit better than Stetson Bennett's. TD to INT ratio is the main stat sticking out that I recall. I've only seen bits and pieces of UGA this year and have not seen them with Daniels.
      Brent Wyrick
      92 Final Four Front Row
      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Bowl swag list is out

https://www.bizjournals.com/cincinna...wl-payout.html
        Brent Wyrick
        92 Final Four Front Row
        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
          I bought one ticket as a donation back to UC, as I can't go. $141 with fees. The article was locked. How much does UC get for playing, and what does each player get?

B.C.

"A veteran of the Humanitarian Bowl, 1997!"

Comment

Originally posted by Bearcat Chris View Post

I bought one ticket as a donation back to UC, as I can't go. $141 with fees. The article was locked. How much does UC get for playing, and what does each player get?

B.C.
            • Customized MasterCard gift card by University Fancards with a $390 value
            • Chick-fil-A Peach Bowl watch by Fossil
            • Personalized Chick-fil-A Peach Bowl commemorative football.

UC gets 2M for expenses. Confernce gets 4M which is distributed to all members. We get a bigger share of the 4M but the AAC doesn't say how they split it up.

Brent Wyrick
            92 Final Four Front Row
            @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Those who ordered tickets through UC will have their mobile ticket downloads show up on Dec. 28. At that point you can use them or transfer them.
              Brent Wyrick
              92 Final Four Front Row
              @LobotC2DFW

Comment

https://www.ajc.com/sports/georgia-b...LEB6UCLFJ42SA/

($)
                https://theathletic.com/2275258/2020/12/21/peach-bowl-preview-cincinnati-georgia/
                Last edited by Lobot; 12-27-2020, 04:20 PM.
                Brent Wyrick
                92 Final Four Front Row
                @LobotC2DFW

Comment

I met a Georgia fan yesterday while wearing a UC shirt. He commented about the upcoming bowl game. His first comment was that UGA will be playing without a number of starters because the game is not important to UGA. He asked when the last time UC was undefeated, implying that they have not ever finished a regular season undefeated. It was clear that he had not watched UC play this year despite being an Ohio resident. His whole tone was very arrogant and dismissive of UC and its program. I hope UC proves him wrong.
                  Last edited by London 'Cat; 12-27-2020, 05:53 PM.

Comment

Personally I don't care how many of their players are absent. We play whoever is on the other side of the ball. If we beat UGA, then we beat UGA!.

Comment

Originally posted by Gilenerm View Post
                      Has anyone watched Georgia this year? I have not and I'm interested in the narrative that the media is putting out there that Daniels is the reason that they will destroy us. What is different about Daniels that he is that much better than his predecessor? Arm, decision making, mobility? Just curious.

JT Daniels is a highly ranked recruit who transferred from USC Trojans and is experienced. The other two freshman Georgia played at QB earlier in the season were both true freshmen who will be great (likely one at UGA and one after transferring). Daniels was hurt at some point and got well enough to play late in the season. They wish they had Daniels for the 'Bama and Florida games, but I doubt it would've made much difference. While there were some turnovers, UGA lost those games because their defense couldn't stop either high powered offense.
                      Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

Originally posted by bearcatjd View Post
                        Personally I don't care how many of their players are absent. We play whoever is on the other side of the ball. If we beat UGA, then we beat UGA!.
                        Absolutely a win over Georgia is instant name recognition. I believe the opt-outs wouldn't have much effect in a typical year, but this year the back-ups have limited time to prepare as starters. Plus UGA allowed players to go home for three day Christmas break, which is a bigger COVID concern than game prep. While those players are tested multiple times, a positive wouldn't really show up until day six. Did UC keep players on campus over the holiday? Do we have a similar concern?
                        Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

Good reflection article on the team going into the Peach Bowl ($)

https://theathletic.com/2289462/2020...ed-the-moment/
                          Brent Wyrick
                          92 Final Four Front Row
                          @LobotC2DFW

Comment

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/spo...wl/4056340001/
                            Brent Wyrick
                            92 Final Four Front Row
                            @LobotC2DFW

Comment

From the Georgia perspective:

https://www.ajc.com/sports/georgia-b...JL5UDELHH2WIA/

https://www.ajc.com/sports/georgia-b...NRPZYH3VJXIHE/
                              Last edited by Lobot; 12-29-2020, 11:22 AM.
                              Brent Wyrick
                              92 Final Four Front Row
                              @LobotC2DFW

Comment

If anyone wants to do the last minute attempt to attend the game and didn’t get tickets, let me know. I have two tickets in sec 311 (45 yard line or so) and the weather here in Dallas is supposed to be terrible for the next 3 days so my chances of getting off the ground on a plane are pretty slim.
                                Brent Wyrick
                                92 Final Four Front Row
                                @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X