X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sloppydj13
    replied
    Originally posted by leo from jersey View Post

yes I agree as tOSU will go in if it beats MSU and U oM. Only hope is Oregon loses or Penn state beats mich &MSU & mich beats tOSU & tOSU beats MSU. Or something like that. Those last two games were brutal on the bearcats.Of course if Georgia beats Alabama in their playoff game or een a 2 loss alabama team in.
    If MSU wins out and Georgia beats Alabama based on the current rankings we should be 4th. Granted they will probably still have us at 5 and I'm thinking that that will be the highest we will be.

Another scenario, if Georgia loses and we are #1 before final poll what would people say if they still leave us out?

Leave a comment:

• leo from jersey
    replied
    Originally posted by longtimefan View Post
    We knew all along they’d never let us in. Starting at 6 we have no chance, no matter what happens.
    yes I agree as tOSU will go in if it beats MSU and U oM. Only hope is Oregon loses or Penn state beats mich &MSU & mich beats tOSU & tOSU beats MSU. Or something like that. Those last two games were brutal on the bearcats.Of course if Georgia beats Alabama in their playoff game or een a 2 loss alabama team in.

Leave a comment:

• longtimefan
    replied
    We knew all along they’d never let us in. Starting at 6 we have no chance, no matter what happens. Conspicuous is the fact that Houston and SMU are already outside the top 25, making sure we’ll never get in. The big money does not want UC there.
    Last edited by longtimefan; 11-02-2021, 07:40 PM.

Leave a comment:

• bearcatbret
    replied
    This from earlier: Where will Cincinnati Bearcats land in first College Football Playoff rankings? (msn.com)
    "but if the Bearcats aren't included in the committee's first top four on Tuesday, committee chair Gary Barta will have a lot of questions to answer, as the decision could delegitimize the entire selection process."

Leave a comment:

• regoarrarr
    replied
    Originally posted by regoarrarr View Post
    If I'm anything but the Bearcat homer that I am, I can't see UC being in the Top 4 in this week's ratings.

Here are my predictions

1. Georgia
    2. Michigan State
    3. Alabama
    4. Oklahoma
    5. Ohio State
    6. Cincinnati
    Okay I'm going to give myself a solid A- on my prognostications

Actuals:

1. Georgia
    2. Alabama
    3. Michigan State
    4. Oregon
    5. Ohio State
    6. Cincinnati

Leave a comment:

• bearcatbret
    replied
    Well, this prediction has 2 B1G teams and 2 SEC teams. College Football Playoff Rankings prediction: Cincinnati on outside as SEC, Big Ten split initial top four - CBSSports.com

Leave a comment:

• Genester
    replied
    Originally posted by GoBearcats31 View Post
    The (realistic) optimist in me: Georgia, Michigan State, Alabama, Cincinnati, Oklahoma, Oregon, Ohio State

The pessimist in me: Georgia, Alabama, Ohio State, Michigan State, Oklahoma, Oregon, Cincinnati
    Oklahoma at EIGHT!

Leave a comment:

• GoBearcats31
    replied
    The (realistic) optimist in me: Georgia, Michigan State, Alabama, Cincinnati, Oklahoma, Oregon, Ohio State

The pessimist in me: Georgia, Alabama, Ohio State, Michigan State, Oklahoma, Oregon, Cincinnati

Leave a comment:

• Lobot
    replied
    I think Justin Williams was first here but everybody’s reporting that ESPN wanted Desmond Ridder for an interview during the CFP and Des declined.

I think that’s probably a smart move.

ESPN’s narrative this week and the appearance of Gameday is all just a ratings grab by the network. I get it because it’s a business but Desmond is rightfully focused on Tulsa prep.

Leave a comment:

• Chewbacca2099
    replied
    Rotten Eggs in the face to Mark Schlabach
    https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...orgia-wrong-qb

Leave a comment:

• Oldtimer_UC_fan
    replied
    Originally posted by bearcatbret View Post

In a few weeks, I could see tosu in there. OR if they were giving them a percent chance of being included. tosu must win out to be in (the two loss rule). Bama has to win out as well (the two loss rule). The point was, that at this time, I do not believe that either should be included and that they are listed as being in is just a sign of bias. I would say that if either MSU or UM win out, that they could also be included. Keep in mind, when I say win out, I mean winning their conference championship game as well. I do suspect that tosu will win out but that is not a given. I also remember a year when tosu did not even make their conference championship game and was still in the CFP. I still do not understand that a team can be included and no other team in the conference be included if you are not even in your conference championship game (they did not win their division and they did not win their conference). I actually hope that MSU wins out, UM beats tosu, and PSU beats UM. There is still a lot of football to be played in the B1G east division.
    I could never root for Michigan, regardless. My son is a big Buckeye fan. I'm hoping both UC and them make it. It would be interesting if they play one another.

Leave a comment:

• bearcatbret
    replied
    Originally posted by Oldtimer_UC_fan View Post

If Ohio State beats both Mich State and Mich, and wins the Big 10 championship, it's hard to argue against them.
    I could argue against Alabama if Georgia beats them convincingly.
    In a few weeks, I could see tosu in there. OR if they were giving them a percent chance of being included. tosu must win out to be in (the two loss rule). Bama has to win out as well (the two loss rule). The point was, that at this time, I do not believe that either should be included and that they are listed as being in is just a sign of bias. I would say that if either MSU or UM win out, that they could also be included. Keep in mind, when I say win out, I mean winning their conference championship game as well. I do suspect that tosu will win out but that is not a given. I also remember a year when tosu did not even make their conference championship game and was still in the CFP. I still do not understand that a team can be included and no other team in the conference be included if you are not even in your conference championship game (they did not win their division and they did not win their conference). I actually hope that MSU wins out, UM beats tosu, and PSU beats UM. There is still a lot of football to be played in the B1G east division.

Leave a comment:

• Oldtimer_UC_fan
    replied
    Originally posted by bearcatbret View Post
    Of course the ESPN article shows bias.... Georgia in, Alabama in, and tosu in. Imagine that, another year of bama and osu.
    If Ohio State beats both Mich State and Mich, and wins the Big 10 championship, it's hard to argue against them.
    I could argue against Alabama if Georgia beats them convincingly.
    Last edited by Oldtimer_UC_fan; 11-01-2021, 03:21 PM.

Leave a comment:

• regoarrarr
    replied
    Originally posted by Josh Rexhausen View Post
    Just looking at the top 10, rank the best wins of those teams.

Based on rankings UC has the 4th best win and judging by best wins there is only one team that is out of place.

Again, I am a UC alum and a homer for sure, but I don't think it's reasonable to compare only the top win of each of the contenders. Yes, @ND is a great win, but compare these 3 teams who are all undefeated. This is the strength ranking of each team's wins:

Team A: (4, 42, 43, 69, 75, 79, 90, FCS)
    Team B: (8, 56, 79, 84, 102, 106, 122, FCS)
    Team C: (22, 32, 43, 45, 64, 66, 106, 124)

Source https://cfpresumerankings.wordpress....sume-rankings/

To me, it's fairly clear that C > B > A in terms of overall strength of wins. Of course this is also a fairly simplistic viewpoint that doesn't show things like whether these were home / road, margin of victory / etc.

Leave a comment:

• GoBearcats31
    replied
    https://twitter.com/cjogara/status/1455194737523232769

"Cincinnati has a road win by double digits against a team currently ranked in the AP Top 10. Nobody else in America can claim that. Yet some of y'all act like the Bearcats are playing in the MEAC."

Leave a comment:

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X