Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lobot
    replied
    If you haven't read this one from our old Big East friend Andrea Adelson, give it a read. She echoes my sentiment which is keep winning and hope for chaos above us.

https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...ply-unbearable

Leave a comment:

• GoBearcats31
    replied
    The morning after - here are some clips from Wednesday morning ESPN segments about UC:

Get Up https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dUKp7kZy1wA
    Keyshawn JWill & Max https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J2sfHZleBps

Leave a comment:

• Rufus
    replied
    Chewbacca is correct, Oregon is the odd one here. Everyone knows that this entire enterprise is dollar driven and so Oregon gets a bid only because of their past history and their geographic location. This assures a more inclusive national audience as opposed to all schools being in the Midwest. There's no other way else to explain an underachieving Oregon team getting in. Imop UC nor any other G5 team will ever get in the CFP with just a couple wins over power conference schools. The (Dons) yes I said it, that control the NCAA will never allow it to happen. Espn is not the problem ( merely the enabler and facilitator) in all this, the real problem is the mob mentality and monopoly that exist that presently is the NCAA.

Leave a comment:

• red_n_black_attack
    replied
    Hey guys, calm down. We always needed some help to get into top 4 of the final ranking. I Bama beats Georgia, Oh St or MSU wins out, and Oregon or OU or WF wins out, we would not make it. I'd rather make the top 4 in the final ranking than make it now and get dropped later. Call it respect or whatever, but if the teams ahead of us win out (except Georgia losing to Bama) then they would be in the top 4 of final ranking. Let's keep rooting for UC wins and some combination of Bama losses, Oregon/OU/WF losses. The Big ten will sort itself out with head-to-head play.

The goal is to make the Playoff, not to be ranked top 4 at some point in the process.

Leave a comment:

• MI Bearcat
    replied
    I'm not worried about MSU. I'm a lifelong MSU fan but they are not that good. I'm thinking they will lose at least 2 more games and OSU will get the lone BIG10 seat at the table. Obviously for us to have a chance, Oklahoma and Oregon need to lose which is very possible. By putting Alabama two, Alabama will have a very good chance of getting in even if they lose to GA if it's a close hard fought game. We need Georgia to win handily which I don't think is going to happen unfortunately.

Leave a comment:

• Chewbacca2099
    replied
    Originally posted by bearcatjd View Post
    F__k the CFP committee. It's all ********. It's all driven by $$$$$$$. If UC wins out they will crack the playoffs because Oregon, Mich St & either Georgia or Alabama will lose.
    Let's win each game & see how it plays out. So far this is UC's best season ever & let's not let the idiot CFP committee ruin this for us.
    we need Georgia to win out, if Georgia loses to Alabama I guarantee they will both get in... MSU will probably lose though but they will just swap them with Ohio State or Michigan. We need Oregon to lose again. It's a joke they made the top 4 with a bad Stanford loss.

Oregon is really the biggest problem here. Their schedule is even softer than ours yet ranked higher because the committee wants to ensure we don't get in. I don't see them losing so they will take our spot unless we get a lot of upsets.
    Last edited by Chewbacca2099; 11-03-2021, 09:28 AM.

Leave a comment:

• bearcatjd
    replied
    F__k the CFP committee. It's all ********. It's all driven by $$$$$$$. If UC wins out they will crack the playoffs because Oregon, Mich St & either Georgia or Alabama will lose.
    Let's win each game & see how it plays out. So far this is UC's best season ever & let's not let the idiot CFP committee ruin this for us.

Leave a comment:

• leo from jersey
    replied
    Originally posted by cafemerald View Post
    Thats why everyone needs to say **** espn and not show up.
    Don't you think the program, the school and the city needs the exposure. There is a need to show that there is more than one team in Ohio.

Leave a comment:

• bearcatbret
    replied
    ESPN still bashing the CFP.... College Football Playoff rankings - Snub to Cincinnati and Group of 5 is simply unbearable (espn.com)

Leave a comment:

• bearcatbret
    replied
    Well, MSU will lose at least one time which will drop them out. We have to hope that tosu loses again. We have to hope that Bama loses to Georgia and then let the CFP committee justify a two loss Bama team in. Let's remember last year when the committee kept leap frogging UC with two loss teams. I think that they will have every talking head in America discussing the committee's bias. Many of the teams are heading into the meat of their schedules which will either give them a loss or a quality win. UC still has potentially two top 25 teams with SMU and Houston. I think that starting at 6, while disappointed, can be good. The teams ahead of us will lose and the committee will either let us move up or allow teams with losses jump us. As one article said, the committee has some explaining to do. At the game this weekend, instead of saying "Lets go Brandon" we should say "F ESPN". However, I do not think that ESPN has anything to do with the CFP and many of their people have been advocating for UC. As others have said, maybe ESPN has been using all of this for a rating boost. Still a lot of football to be played.

Leave a comment:

• longtimefan
    replied
    Originally posted by Chewbacca2099 View Post
    Why did ESPN decide to do GameDay for the first time ever when we are playing lowly Tulsa??? The same week we get snubbed from the playoffs??? Big ratings! They want the chaos and controversy. Expect the camera to zoom in on a lot of signs about us being snubbed and that to big the main talking point all day.

ESPN probably knew the rankings before they picked us form GameDay
    **** ESPN.

Leave a comment:

• Lobot
    replied
    Here’s the whole rankings for anyone who wants to get madder. There are some other interesting things in here like say 2 loss Fresno St. at the bottom

https://www.espn.com/college-football/rankings

Leave a comment:

• cafemerald
    replied
    Thats why everyone needs to say **** espn and not show up.

Leave a comment:

• Chewbacca2099
    replied
    Why did ESPN decide to do GameDay for the first time ever when we are playing lowly Tulsa??? The same week we get snubbed from the playoffs??? Big ratings! They want the chaos and controversy. Expect the camera to zoom in on a lot of signs about us being snubbed and that to big the main talking point all day.

ESPN probably knew the rankings before they picked us form GameDay

Leave a comment:

• cafemerald
    replied
    I hope no one goes to gameday this weekend. Enjoy homecoming. **** ESPN. Have them run their show to an empty crowd.

Leave a comment:

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X