X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cpawstoney
    replied
    Originally posted by red_n_black_attack View Post

It will have to be a situation where leaving us, or another G5 team out, would be so obviously biased they couldn't. Start with game 1 focus and then keep playing our schedule, one at a time. If it all goes well, we have to hope ND and IU do well, at most 1 other loss, plus a conference foe loses only once, to us of course. A one loss ND will have beaten FSU, Wisconsin, USC, and UNC.1 loss IU with victories over Tosu, PSU, and Minnesota (who is good).we will need lots of other stuff to happen, but starting this high with two high profile road non-conference games....this is best shot.

I tend to agree, if ESPN can manipulate it to leave us out, they will.
    But, But, But it's the College Football Selection Committee that choses the team. You believe that, don't you?

According to the CFP’s site, this is who is on the selection committee:
    • Gary Barta (University of Iowa athletic director)
    • Ken Hatfield (Former head coach and football player)
    • Paola Boivin (professor at Arizona State University)
    • Tom Burman (University of Wyoming athletic director)
    • Rick George (University of Colorado athletic director)
    • Joe Castiglione (University of Oklahoma athletic director)
    • Ronnie Lott (former football player)
    • R.C. Slocum (Former head coach at Texas A&M)
    • Terry Mohajir (Arkansas State athletic director)
    • Todd Stansbury (Georgia Tech athletic director)
    • Ray Odierno (Former chief of state of the Army; former football player)
    • John Urschel (former football player)
    • Scott Stricklin (University of Florida athletic director)

Leave a comment:

• red_n_black_attack
    replied
    One writer thinks Cincinnati is Over-rated:

https://www.cbssports.com/college-fo...ball-rankings/

I like articles like this. Anything to give the team a chip on their shoulder. Leave no room for doubt. Show up the haters.
    Last edited by red_n_black_attack; 08-17-2021, 08:58 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Carin's Dad
    replied
    A lot of nice things being said about the program.

Leave a comment:

• Lobot
    replied
    We are at #8 in the AP poll

https://apnews.com/hub/ap-top-25-college-football-poll
    Last edited by Lobot; 08-16-2021, 12:03 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Lobot
    replied
    AP poll will be out in about 2 hours

Leave a comment:

• Lobot
    replied
    Originally posted by bearcatbret View Post

I tend to agree with you. However, I believe that the UC-Georgia game was the most watched out of the Jan.1 games. If ESPN thinks for a moment that they could make more money having an underdog (UC) in the final 4, they may do it. I have lived outside of the UC "influence zone" and I have had co-workers tell me that they would have rather watched UC in the CFP than the same four teams.
    That is correct on the TV ratings and I'm glad we've got some people out there that are up for new entrants to the CFP arena.

Leave a comment:

• bearcatbret
    replied
    Originally posted by Bearcat93 View Post
    I’m pretty skeptical here-I don’t believe ESPN will allow an undefeated AAC team into a playoff of 4.
    I tend to agree with you. However, I believe that the UC-Georgia game was the most watched out of the Jan.1 games. If ESPN thinks for a moment that they could make more money having an underdog (UC) in the final 4, they may do it. I have lived outside of the UC "influence zone" and I have had co-workers tell me that they would have rather watched UC in the CFP than the same four teams.

Leave a comment:

• Bearcat93
    replied
    I’m pretty skeptical here-I don’t believe ESPN will allow an undefeated AAC team into a playoff of 4.

Leave a comment:

• Lobot
    replied
    Throwing a curve into this is how the Committee would address teams with Covid forfeit losses. I think all the conferences are going with forfeits instead of no contests this year. There's a real possibility that the SEC could lose multiple teams to this issue.

Leave a comment:

• London 'Cat
    replied
    Originally posted by red_n_black_attack View Post
    So UC is getting pre-season respect. Do we have a realistic shot to make CFP if we are undefeated? One of The athletic writer responded to a mailbag question about potential first time CFP candidates and he gave arguments for Texas A&"M and N Carolina. I know that this ranking and schedule gives the best set-up for any G5 team in CFP or BCS eras, but do we have a realistic shot even if we go undefeated?
    The $1M question. It depends on what those teams ahead of UC do and how the rest of UC’s opponents’ schedules end up. All UC can do is win the games one at a time and hope that it all works in its favor. I know if UC does finish the regular season undefeated there is no doubt it should be in but I am not a CFP member. Go Bearcats!!

Leave a comment:

• red_n_black_attack
    replied
    So UC is getting pre-season respect. Do we have a realistic shot to make CFP if we are undefeated? One of The athletic writer responded to a mailbag question about potential first time CFP candidates and he gave arguments for Texas A&"M and N Carolina. I know that this ranking and schedule gives the best set-up for any G5 team in CFP or BCS eras, but do we have a realistic shot even if we go undefeated?

Leave a comment:

• swilsonsp4
    replied
    Originally posted by Lobot View Post
    Pre-Season SP+ Rankings for every team from Bill Connelly. Unfortunately they put this behind the ESPN+ paywall ($).

We come in at #19.

https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...a-crimson-tide
    I read the article. While the rating was 19.9 for the 2020 season, the ranking was #8. Alabama led with a rating of 35.6.

UC's offensive efficiency rank was #22, defensive #5, & special teams #49.

BYU ranked #7, while App State and CCU finished #24 & #25, respectively.

Leave a comment:

• Lobot
    replied
    Pre-Season SP+ Rankings for every team from Bill Connelly. Unfortunately they put this behind the ESPN+ paywall ($).

We come in at #19.

https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...a-crimson-tide

Leave a comment:

• red_n_black_attack
    replied
    Originally posted by Bearcat93 View Post
    UNC jumps 9 spots from end of 2020 poll,
    leap frogging UC. Conference bias much?
    I think that has more to do with QB hype. Much the same way pollsters are rewarding UC for starting to believe in Ridder, they believe in Sam Howell a little more. I'm okay with NC getting this jump and more upset about the blind faith in Notre Dame. ND lost a ton on defense and offense: too many losses to think they are number 7. I hope the Irish only lose that one game to us, but could easily see them with 3-4 losses

Leave a comment:

• Bearcat93
    replied
    UNC jumps 9 spots from end of 2020 poll,
    leap frogging UC. Conference bias much?

Leave a comment:

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X