Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lobot
    replied
    In looking at the stats for IU the first thing that jumps out at me is Michael Penix's avg completion yardage. 4.8 yds per completion on almost 50 attempts and about a 50% completion percentage. Either they're hiding things on their offense in preparation for us or he's not completing much of anything downfield. His longest completion is 33 yards.

It's hard to measure how good they were last week because Idaho is generally not very good and dropped to FCS a couple of years ago. I have not seen IU play this year but I can remember in the couple games I watched last year that Fryfogle at WR is a problem as was mentioned above.

Stephen Carr has a decent amount of yardage on the ground but a lot of it was against subpar Idaho. As a team they rush for an avg of 3.2 ypc. I have a feeling if I go watch a game from this year, that the IU O-line might have some issues.

https://www.espn.com/college-footbal.../stats/_/id/84
    Last edited by Lobot; 09-13-2021, 05:23 PM.

Leave a comment:

• GoBearcats31
    replied
    Play-by-Play: Dave Pasch
    Analyst: Dusty Dvoracek
    Sideline: Tom Luginbill

Leave a comment:

• GoBearcats31
    replied
    IU weekly press conference. Below are some quotes and other nuggets from IU media member tweets:

Head coach Tom Allen

- On Ridder, said he runs a lot which puts stress on a defense and notice he's becoming a better passer. Calls him "definitely a future NFL guy."

- On UC: "Really really good football team. They're ranked where they are for a reason."

- Also on UC: Said he is really impressed with Cincinnati's football team. Gave props to Coach Fickell and the success of the program on the field and with recruiting.

- On this game, which was scheduled in 2014: "They've elevated their program, we've elevated our program. That's what makes it awesome and exciting.

- On facing UC while an assistant coach at USF in 2015: Said he would not have been able to predict this game having such importance on a national level.

- On Fickell: Said he has not interacted/crossed paths much with Fickell much over the years, but has lots of respect for him and also his wrestling background ("You get the same toughness, emphasis. Guys that are gonna play with a lot of grit.")

- Also on Fickell: complemented him on keeping recruits from Ohio home.

IU DB Marcelino McCrary-Balls said the IU defense has been watching UC film for a while because it was the last game that the new IU DC coached last season (came to IU from UGA). They were impressed by Ridder's speed and the threats at RB and WR.
    Last edited by GoBearcats31; 09-13-2021, 12:03 PM.

Leave a comment:

• GoBearcats31
    replied
    For those attending, here is some parking info that IU circulated for its game this past Saturday
    https://twitter.com/IndianaFootball/...13185118150657

Leave a comment:

• bearcatbret
    replied
    https://pbs.twimg.com/card_img/14368...jpg&name=small

Leave a comment:

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X