• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GoBearcats31
    started a topic Indiana 9/18 12:00 ESPN

Indiana 9/18 12:00 ESPN

- UC currently sits as a 3-point favorite against IU

- IU opened the season #17 and got waxed by a very good Iowa team (now #5) on the road in Week 1

- IU bounced back on Saturday with a large win against Idaho in front of a great (47,000+) crowd not typical for an opponent like that

- Sell out crowd for Saturday, which surely will have a lot of UC red and black but definitely a lot of buzz from the locals/IU alums

- Players to watch for IU: QB Michael Penix (RS junior), RB Stephen Carr (grad student who transferred in from USC), WR Ty Fryfogle (super senior), CB Tiawan Mullen (junior), LB Micah McFadden (senior)

- IU defeated UC 42-6 on September 23, 2000 in their last meeting - led by star QB Antwaan Randle El
    Last edited by GoBearcats31; 09-13-2021, 09:57 AM.

• Lobot
    replied
    Some post IU things from Justin WIlliams ($)

https://theathletic.com/2838041/2021...-over-indiana/

Leave a comment:

• bearcatbret
    replied
    Tre Tucker may have won the game. See the video in the link. I am surprised to hear the roar of the crowd. Cincinnati vs. Indiana: Tre Tucker races past Hoosiers for 99-yard TD kick return [VIDEO] - DraftKings Nation

Here is an even better video of Tucker. I had to watch this multiple times. Cincinnati answers Indiana's TD with a 99-yard kickoff return TD - ESPN Video

An even better video. Cincinnati's Tre Tucker 99 yd kickoff return for TD vs. Indiana - YouTube
    Last edited by bearcatbret; 09-19-2021, 12:28 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Bearcat93
    replied
    So, I missed the targeting play while in the 40 minute concession line but I agree, was the game
    changer.

Leave a comment:

• Chewbacca2099
    replied
    The targeting penalty was obviously the turning point of the game. That was their best player on defense and they weren't ever the same once he got booted. Our OLine improved immensely after that. Reminded me of last year when we lost Hudson in the GA game.

I'm not sure we would have won if that guy didn't get booted

Leave a comment:

• Lobot
    replied
    Originally posted by Greg7173 View Post
    This team would be awesome if they played hard for 60 minutes. We are going to need that kind of 60 minute full effort to beat Notre Dame. Kudos to Lorenz Metz. All of those penalties up front and he didn't even have one.
    He got one. It was declined. lol

Leave a comment:

• bearcatbret
    replied
    Keep in mind that IU gets over $60M in B10 money per year compared to UC's $7M AAC money. Their stadium is not much larger and apparently, the fan experience is much like at Nippert (long lines, not enough restrooms, etc.) I love going to game at UC. I suspect that IU fans love going to their games too.

Leave a comment:

• GoBearcats31
    replied
    I have seen a lot of negativity on Twitter about the gameday experience yesterday in Bloomington and perhaps much of it is justified. But do know that IU is significantly short on stadium personnel, specifically because -- like with most places/many industries -- having a hard time paying enough to part-time employees to get them to come back (and maybe there is a vaccination mandate too that could play a role too, I am not sure).

I have only been to one IU home game in the last decade and only a handful of UC home games in the Tuberville/Fickell eras. But some of the complaints I had seen included things that I believe were issues at Nippert (and Fifth Third Arena) pre-renovation. Probably some more that IU could do to enhance the fan experience, but they have pumped in a lot of money to football in recent years (massive weight room, amenities for players, offices, premium seating that did not exist before, etc.) which at least seems to be benefitting players and recruits...

Leave a comment:

• bearcatjd
    replied
    Great win by our Bearcats yesterday! Great atmosphere at the game as we had a lot fans there. Bring on Notre Dame!

Leave a comment:

• GoCats1994
    replied
    Largest attendance for a non- conference opponent in Bloomington since 1987

Leave a comment:

• bearcatbret
    replied
    3 reasons Indiana football lost to No. 8 Cincinnati, 38-24 (indystar.com)

Leave a comment:

• Rufus
    replied
    Originally posted by Greg7173 View Post
    This team would be awesome if they played hard for 60 minutes. We are going to need that kind of 60 minute full effort to beat Notre Dame. Kudos to Lorenz Metz. All of those penalties up front and he didn't even have one.

we've got two weeks to get this straightened out before the ND game. They seem to have no sense of urgency about these game.

Leave a comment:

• Bearcat Chris
    replied
    I found the Indiana fans to be very friendly, and I thought the stadium was clean, well staffed with plenty of concession stands. Good trip, despite the slow start!

B.C.

Leave a comment:

• Greg7173
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Lobot
    replied
    Box Score:

https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...meId/401282725

Leave a comment:

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X