College Football Playoff

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bearcatbret View Post
    Mo Egger was interviewed earlier and a question asked was "Do you think that the University of Cincinnati will feel embarrassed if they lose big". His response was: "Do you think that tosu, ND, Oklahoma, MSU ever felt embarrassed after a blowout? No they did not, they were there and they were playing for a national championship?" Of course, I am paraphrasing but that was the take.
    But, we know if Alabama wins big all the "I told you so" haters will have a field day.

Comment

2021 - Semi: Bama 31 ND 14. Finals Bama 52 tosu 24.
      2020 - Semi LSU 63 Oklahoma 28. Finals LSU 42 Clemson 25
      2019 - Semi Clemson 30 ND 3. Finals Clemson 44 Bama 16
      2018 - Semi Bama 24 Clemson 6
      2017 - Semi Bama 24 Washington 7. Semi Clemson 31 tosu 0.
      2016 - Semi Clemson 37 Oklahoma 17. Semi Bama 38 MSU 0.
      2015 - Semi Oregon 59 FSU 20.
      Point is that there are blowouts every year.
      Last edited by bearcatbret; 12-05-2021, 06:20 PM.

Comment

This represents so much for those of us that are older than 40. A great read. Cincinnati, not OSU, making College Football Playoff is a sweet smirk for Ohio’s quirky corner | Jones - pennlive.com

Comment

Looks like the line is opening at 13.5. Not much respect. Wow those ticket prices are crazy. Gonna need a large bonus at work for me to consider going to Indy when we win.
          Josh Rexhausen
          CE'99

Comment

While the game against Alabama will be the greatest challenge this team has encountered all year, of the potential three opponents UC could have faced, this is probably the most favorable matchup given the Bearcats' strengths. UC's biggest Achilles heel has been at times struggling to stop the run (Tulsa anyone?) and Michigan and Georgia are run-heavy schemes. Certainly Alabama can pound the rock as good as any team in the AAC, but the Tide is inclined to go to the air moreso than UM or UGA, and their #2 receiver Metchie suffered a season ending injury in the SEC championship game. If Sauce can shutdown Williams that should reduce the potency of the Alabama offensive attack. It's still Alabama and UC will be the underdog but of the potential semi-final draws this is the best matchup they could have asked for in my opinion.
            Last edited by Binturong05; 12-05-2021, 09:54 PM.
            "In the morning he would read the Bible with another coach. Then, in the afternoon, he would go out and cheat kids who had probably saved up money from mowing lawns to buy those raffle tickets. That's Jim Tressel." - former colleague to Jim Tressel as quoted in Sports Illustrated.

Comment

As fans we can plan this out. Fickell doesn't control our conversations :P . Who do we want in Indy. Do we want a peachy rematch with Georgia that will shut up those SEC fans (who will still probably say we couldn't go through an 8 game gauntlet) or do we want Michigan just to see all those Ohio State fans donning UC gear?
              Josh Rexhausen
              CE'99

Comment

Originally posted by Josh Rexhausen View Post
                As fans we can plan this out. Fickell doesn't control our conversations :P . Who do we want in Indy. Do we want a peachy rematch with Georgia that will shut up those SEC fans (who will still probably say we couldn't go through an 8 game gauntlet) or do we want Michigan just to see all those Ohio State fans donning UC gear?
                It sure would be nice to see UC takeout both the SEC champ and the Big Ten champ on their way to a national title.

"In the morning he would read the Bible with another coach. Then, in the afternoon, he would go out and cheat kids who had probably saved up money from mowing lawns to buy those raffle tickets. That's Jim Tressel." - former colleague to Jim Tressel as quoted in Sports Illustrated.

Comment

My experience with B1G fans is that they always pull for their conference when it does not involve them. I want UM because we can say to the tosu fans that we could beat them but you could not.

Comment

My experience with B1G fans is that they always pull for their conference when it does not involve them. I want UM because we can say to the tosu fans that we could beat them but you could not.
                    No way would Buckeye fans ever root for Michigan.

Comment

Originally posted by Oldtimer_UC_fan View Post

No way would Buckeye fans ever root for Michigan.
                      I mean that's almost as bad as us rooting for eggsavier.
                      Josh Rexhausen
                      CE'99

Comment

Great read. Brought back a lot of fond memories. I played IM softball on the Nippert astroturf.

Comment

Congrats to our Bearcats for another amazing season. I booked my flights, room & car rental yesterday. Can't wait to go to the AT&T stadium on NYE!
                          Ticket prices are crazy but you only live once & you can't take it with you.

Comment

Good new pod from Wetzel, Forde, Thamel largely focused on the CFP selections and matchups https://sports.yahoo.com/conference-...235156117.html

Comment

Via Justin Williams:
                              ($) Commit to the grit: Inside Cincinnati football’s climb from rock bottom to College Football Playoff history ($)

https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb...b-jones-1.html

Comment

Aaron Suttles and Justin Williams
                                Alabama-Cincinnati Playoff first look: John Metchie’s injury, Desmond Ridder vs. Tide defense, more Cotton Bowl keys

($) https://theathletic.com/2999170/2021...ton-bowl-keys/

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X