No announcement yet.

College Football Playoff

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has anything been said about jersey colors? The Cotton Bowl site shows the black helmet along with Alabama red.

Comment

I haven't seen anything, but as the lower seeded team, the Cats most likely will be in white jerseys.

Comment

Originally posted by Greg7173 View Post
        Has anything been said about jersey colors? The Cotton Bowl site shows the black helmet along with Alabama red.

just not the g-d white helmets!!! bust out something new and exciting.

Comment

Originally posted by Greg7173 View Post
          They haven't said. We are the visitors due to seeding.
          Brent Wyrick
          92 Final Four Front Row
          @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by hipal88 View Post

just not the g-d white helmets!!! bust out something new and exciting.
            They know what we think about the white helmets. LOL. The players like them and I'm not sure the equipment folks care what we think. The red helmets are a little similar in color to Alabama although that didn't stop us from wearing them against Houston who also had on red. Maybe they'll let us do color on color and we can wear all black.
            Brent Wyrick
            92 Final Four Front Row
            @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Gotta love the first three paragraphs of this story in the Columbus Dispatch!
              https://www.dispatch.com/story/sport...an/8888511002/

Comment

Decourcy addresses Herbstreit's bad take. https://www.sportingnews.com/us/ncaa...41hbsbas8xkevb
                Brent Wyrick
                92 Final Four Front Row
                @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Preview on the game from Justin WIlliams from a few days ago. ($)

https://theathletic.com/2999170/2021...ton-bowl-keys/
                  Brent Wyrick
                  92 Final Four Front Row
                  @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Looking for tips on the best things to do/see in Dallas (without kids). We are staying downtown the 28th-2nd. Not planning to rent a car... Can the subway get you most places or will we be ubering everywhere? Also any top restaurants we need to try?

Comment

Originally posted by Chewbacca2099 View Post
                      Looking for tips on the best things to do/see in Dallas (without kids). We are staying downtown the 28th-2nd. Not planning to rent a car... Can the subway get you most places or will we be ubering everywhere? Also any top restaurants we need to try?
                      Dallas has a subway? Who knew?

Comment

Originally posted by Chewbacca2099 View Post
                        There's really not a subway. We have above light rail (DART) with some underground stations in buildings. You can take it from the Airports into Downtown if you need to but it's a long ride from DFW

There are lots of musuems downtown. Dallas Museum of Art and the Nasher Sculpture Center are pretty nice. The 6th Floor museum (Kennedy Assasination) is down there. You can Uber just about anywhere. Be advised that downtown Dallas is NOT near AT&T Stadium in Arlington when you get to that point. It's about an hour in traffic and DART doesn't run that far out west.

If you like steakhouses do that but stay away from the national chains like Morton's, Ruth Chris, Capital Grille etc. There are plenty of really good local ones. If you're looking for something else food wise let me know and I can give you some suggestions. Most of the popular happening eateries are in the Uptown area off McKinney Avenue and not directly Downtown.
                        Brent Wyrick
                        92 Final Four Front Row
                        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post

If you like steakhouses do that but stay away from the national chains like Morton's, Ruth Chris, Capital Grille etc. There are plenty of really good local ones. If you're looking for something else food wise let me know and I can give you some suggestions. Most of the popular happening eateries are in the Uptown area off McKinney Avenue and not directly Downtown.
                          Is Snuffer's still good? My one and only visit to Dallas was Thanksgiving weekend 1989. We went downtown on Friday and ended up at Snuffer's for lunch. I can still taste that burger (there were some spices on it that made it very flavorful in a good, beefy way) and the cheese fries were a revelation. I see there are many locations now, so the food must still be good.

Comment

Mo Egger had Coach Fickell on the show today
                            https://espn1530.iheart.com/featured...-luke-fickell/

Comment

If this has been posted, my apology. Kirk Herbstreit defending Cincinnati's CFP inclusion. https://www.yardbarker.com/college_f...mb_loc=right_h

Comment

Without creating a new thread, here are the 19 UC football players earning diplomas this week -- including Terrill Byrd. A big month for the football team and the highly decorated senior class. I imagine a number of fifth-year players already got their degrees.

Will Adams (marketing), Blake Bacevich (biological studies), Terrill Byrd (interdisciplinary studies), Jack Campbell (finance), Jeremy Cooper (interdisciplinary studies), Jerome Ford (criminal justice), Joey Groeber (history), Ja'von Hicks (criminal justice), Mychal Keys (interdisciplinary studies), Casey Kirk (accounting), Lorenz Metz (industrial management), Nate Meyer (psychology), Michael Oaks (real estate), Alec Pierce (mechanical engineering), Garyn Prater (marketing), Myjai Sanders (interdisciplinary studies), Leonard Taylor (criminal justice), James Tunstall (interdisciplinary studies), Josh Whyle (criminal justice)

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X