No announcement yet.

College Football Playoff

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm flying into Love field so won't be far away from our hotel. Looks like we are close to a jazillion restaurants and the museums. We aren't typically museum goers but maybe we will check one out since it's nearby. What's the best tex-mex style restaurant near downtown?

Comment

Originally posted by bba_1979 View Post

Is Snuffer's still good? My one and only visit to Dallas was Thanksgiving weekend 1989. We went downtown on Friday and ended up at Snuffer's for lunch. I can still taste that burger (there were some spices on it that made it very flavorful in a good, beefy way) and the cheese fries were a revelation. I see there are many locations now, so the food must still be good.
      Yep. Still good. Although I’m not sure if they still have a downtown location
      Brent Wyrick
      92 Final Four Front Row
      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by Chewbacca2099 View Post
        I'm flying into Love field so won't be far away from our hotel. Looks like we are close to a jazillion restaurants and the museums. We aren't typically museum goers but maybe we will check one out since it's nearby. What's the best tex-mex style restaurant near downtown?
        Mi Cocina in Klyde Warren Park is solid or Wild Salsa. I’m not sure WS has emerged from Covid yet though. If you go to Mi Cocina give yourself plenty of time. There’s usually a wait and the service is slower than you’re probably used to.
        Last edited by Lobot; 12-10-2021, 01:16 PM.
        Brent Wyrick
        92 Final Four Front Row
        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Cotton Bowl is sold out
          https://twitter.com/CottonBowlGame/s...27618218979342

Comment

I hope we hear from UC on the ticket requests soon. prices are starting to trend up on 3rd party and we have a large group going down.

Comment

tickets are in, I only got 2 of the 8 I requested but at least the seats are pretty decent. A bunch of my friends that aren't season tickets holders also got 2 so I guess they didn't prioritize UCats members with lower donations over anyone. excited to get down there!

Comment

Yeah I you haven't received an email and requested tickets, Check your spam. Some people didn't have the ticket office email address in contacts and their email went into the ether. One of them was Tony Pike of all people.
                Brent Wyrick
                92 Final Four Front Row
                @LobotC2DFW

Comment

For anyone headed to the Gaylord Resort with UCATS, make dinnner reservations before (like now) or soon after you get to your room. The food service there is very slow and it will take them forever to seat you unless they've improved massivley since the last time I was there. I actually swore off the place it was so bad the last time I went. Keep in mind it's a resort property and they effectively have you trapped there.
                  Brent Wyrick
                  92 Final Four Front Row
                  @LobotC2DFW

Comment

tickets are in, I only got 2 of the 8 I requested but at least the seats are pretty decent. A bunch of my friends that aren't season tickets holders also got 2 so I guess they didn't prioritize UCats members with lower donations over anyone. excited to get down there!
                    If this is so, and I have no reason to doubt you, that stinks. I have 4 season tickets but I only got 2 bowl tickets. Unfortunately my giving this year was just below the 4 ticket level, but I think UC should have honored the # of season tickets before they started selling them to non-season ticket holders.

Comment

I am also guessing this is what they did. I only know of one person who got 8 seats, but he is a big donor. Everyone one else says they requested 4 and got 2 or got the 2 they requested.

Originally posted by Geaux Juan View Post

If this is so, and I have no reason to doubt you, that stinks. I have 4 season tickets but I only got 2 bowl tickets. Unfortunately my giving this year was just below the 4 ticket level, but I think UC should have honored the # of season tickets before they started selling them to non-season ticket holders.
                      The ticket office said they were going by donor levels. Not sure if that happened or if there aren't many people who truly qualified for 4 or 8. Did you request 4 and system let you, but by donor level should've only ordered 2?
                      Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

To add to this, my seats are in 444 and one of my friends who is a non-season ticket holder got her seats in 443 which looks like the better section (dead center of the field). To be fair, UC did try to push us to donate to get more tickets. So they held to their word. I wish they would be more transparent with the process though... say that you will ONLY get 2 tickets unless you donate this much $$$ or we don't sell out to the general public... something along those lines.

Comment

Skyline having a little fun with Christmas songs. #ad

https://www.instagram.com/p/CXoNf87M6K9/
                          Brent Wyrick
                          92 Final Four Front Row
                          @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
                            Skyline having a little fun with Christmas songs. #ad

https://www.instagram.com/p/CXoNf87M6K9/
                            I love it! Thanks for sharing.

Comment

I just hope, regardless of the outcome, our fans give the team a standing ovation as a salute to a great season and accomplishment.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X