No announcement yet.

Coach Scott Satterfield

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not trying to diminish Fickell’s accomplishments at all. Just saying we should give Satterfield a chance before writing off the hire. Satterfield’s team looked very tough today and their defense was suffocating. And he had recruited a very strong class for Louisville before joining us.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bearcat1996 View Post
      It's funny now that CLF is gone, people are diminishing the results during his era. Big shoes to fill, is the point. Satterfield is far from proven. Have to deal with facts.
      I don’t think anyone is diminishing Fickell’s accomplishments. It is true that when Fickell was hired the response was tepid. He became an excellent coach for UC. We don’t know if Satterfield can or can’t also become a great coach. But, based on the results of today’s game, I would say that he had built a far superior team to what Fickell had built at UC. UL completely dominated UC today and the only thing that kept it close was UL’s red-zone mistakes, or maybe good red-zone defense by UC. But the game should have been a runaway.

Give Satterfield a chance to build his coaching staff, team and culture. Then judge him based on the results.

Comment

• Originally posted by Carin's Dad View Post
        Yardbarker has graded the Satterfield hire as a D."On the precipice of a major leap in its program, Cincinnati appears to have struck out when it needed a home run."

https://www.yardbarker.com/college_f...mb_loc=right_h
        I’ll say again. We got similar takes on the Fickell hire.

Comment

• Originally posted by Greg7173 View Post
          I guess the way we grade is to see the quality of recruits and transfers lost versus the quality of recruits and transfers gained. IMHO right now we are losing.
          I don’t know Greg, imo losing recruits/transfers
          may or may not have anything to do with the incoming
          coach.

Comment

• Originally posted by longtimefan View Post
            I’ll say again. We got similar takes on the Fickell hire.
            The difference, of course, is that we have 4 years of Satterffield's head coaching record, and we had one season of Fickell taking over a scandal plagued situation up the road.

Here's a quote from a write-up published 4/24/2017: Fickell was born in Columbus, graduated from Columbus DeSales High School, attended Ohio State, and has spent his entire career at Ohio State and Akron. Just about the only time he’s left the state is when he played for the New Orleans Saints for a year.

Fickell spent most of the last 12 seasons as Ohio State’s defensive co-coordinator, sans one year as interim head coach during the transition from Jim Tressel to Urban Meyer. He is regarded as a masterful recruiter. He is as Ohio as Ohio can be. He was evidently even endorsed by stats.

Fickell inherits a squad that lost its way offensively but boasts exciting defensive pieces. He has offensive questions to answer — he promised up-tempo but brought in a coordinator from a decidedly slow attack — but he is doing his best to embrace Cincinnati’s odd identity as a power program in a non-power universe. He brought in assistants with power-conference experience and has recruited like a power-conference head coach for 2018.

An Ohio guy leading Ohio’s No. 2 program. This certainly feels right, at least.

Comment

• I think we must take in consideration that Satterfield's body of work these last four years have been in a conference that is slightly tougher and continually more competitive than that that LF's teams competed against in the AAC. The ACC is lighter than the AAC.

IF coach Sat. can recruit this immediate area adding it to his already impressive reach, I believe he could grow the program to new heights. Time will tell.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rufus View Post
                I think we must take in consideration that Satterfield's body of work these last four years have been in a conference that is slightly tougher and continually more competitive than that that LF's teams competed against in the AAC. The ACC is lighter than the AAC.

IF coach Sat. can recruit this immediate area adding it to his already impressive reach, I believe he could grow the program to new heights. Time will tell.
                One can only hope. Based on the performance of his UofL team in the Fenway Bowl, I am regaining a bit of optimism.

Comment

• Originally posted by Greg7173 View Post

One can only hope. Based on the performance of his UofL team in the Fenway Bowl, I am regaining a bit of optimism.
                  We had a lot of our best players out, but honestly, I thought that the UL players were bigger/faster.... ACC quality.

B.C.
                  "A veteran of the Humanitarian Bowl, 1997!"

Comment

• Happy birthday to Coach Satt https://twitter.com/GoBearcatsFB/sta...95264978366464

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Fkg4YYIU...jpg&name=large

Comment

• Originally posted by Lobot View Post

What stage of grief is this?
                      CLF got us to the football final four. He and the staff made history last year. That is the ultimate measuring stick. Who here thinks Satterfield has the chest to get us back into the playoff? He was basically run out of Louisville. Before that, a couple good years at APP State. Enough said.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X