Pittsburgh 9/9 6:30 CW

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by djs View Post
    On some of the pass interference calls, our defenders came close to making very good plays. Our defensive backs did have some great breakups, and Pitt was only 10 for 32 passing, so overall I thought the defensive backs were strong.
    I guess the concern I have about them is that they were beaten on a lot of plays, but their QB persistently under-threw his receivers or threw to the wrong shoulder. I think that artificially made our DBs look better.

Comment

Originally posted by UC4me View Post

I guess the concern I have about them is that they were beaten on a lot of plays, but their QB persistently under-threw his receivers or threw to the wrong shoulder. I think that artificially made our DBs look better.
      Looked to me like they were having a lot of trouble turning and locating the ball for some reason.
      Brent Wyrick
      92 Final Four Front Row
      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by richard k. View Post

Looked like they were going out of their way to make sure they couldn't be accused of favoring their own conference. A couple of the PI calls were down right silly.
        I think that there were a few holding calls that were missed as well. I really noticed one time that we should have had a sack and were taken to the ground before the hit.

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post

Looked to me like they were having a lot of trouble turning and locating the ball for some reason.
          I think that Pitt's QB was throwing so poorly that the ball was never where it should have been.

Comment

5 Takeaways - 5 observations on Cincinnati Bearcat football's win at Pitt Saturday night (yahoo.com)

A take from the Pitt beat writer. He bashes Jurkovec and praises UC's O-line and Kiner. Three Winners, Two Losers from Pitt's Loss to Cincinnati (msn.com)
            Last edited by bearcatbret; 09-10-2023, 12:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bearcatbret View Post
              5 Takeaways - 5 observations on Cincinnati Bearcat football's win at Pitt Saturday night (yahoo.com)

A take from the Pitt beat writer. He bashes Jurkovec and praises UC's O-line and Kiner. Three Winners, Two Losers from Pitt's Loss to Cincinnati (msn.com)
              Outside of the TD to the TE for Pitt, I thought Jurkovec's best pass play was that 30 yard quacking duck he launched when he got clobbered. Beyond parody that the thing was not picked off and went for a 1st down.
              Brent Wyrick
              92 Final Four Front Row
              @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Jurkovec reminded me a little bit of B. Bryant. Immobile and when pressured gets hit a lot. I know that Jurkovec had one good scamper but outside of that, he was pressured all day and his stats were lousy if not for the 4th quarter. Then for him to lash out at the Pitt fans after the game was priceless. I am not sure if I want WVU to crush them next week to show good for the Big 12 or if I would rather see WVU lose to make UC look better. I guess that I will figure that out as the season goes on.

Comment

Three Thoughts on Cincinnati's 27-21 Win Over Pittsburgh (heartlandcollegesports.com)

Comment

I was at the game & it was a great college atmosphere. Any win on the road against a decent team is a very good win. I thought UC had a great following. The upper deck had a bunch of UC fans that may not have
                    shown up on the tv screen. Let's build on this win, beat Miami & then bring on OU!

Comment

I was also there, strange crowd……literally thousands of Pitt fans left at halftime where the game (obviously) was still o Lu a 2 score game. I’ve never experienced that at a college football game before-thousands of home fans bailing in their team at half.

The stadium upper deck offered some outstanding views, sunset was particularly awesome. Did seem like less Cincy fans than I thought would be there.

We tailgated with the Republic of Cincy-fantastic set up & vibe, thank you Mike & company @ Republic Of Cincinnati!

Comment

Watched the UC-Pitt broadcast on CW from my residence in east TN...I thought the play-by-play and analyst were very good, not ACC homers at all, very even content about UC and Big 12 v. Pitt and ACC. They mentioned all the University of Florida ties to players on both teams, talked about the Dingle family, UC's football successes over the last couple of years - I enjoyed it although not at Dan Hoard level!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bearcat93 View Post
                          I was also there, strange crowd……literally thousands of Pitt fans left at halftime where the game (obviously) was still o Lu a 2 score game. I’ve never experienced that at a college football game before-thousands of home fans bailing in their team at half.

The stadium upper deck offered some outstanding views, sunset was particularly awesome. Did seem like less Cincy fans than I thought would be there.

We tailgated with the Republic of Cincy-fantastic set up & vibe, thank you Mike & company @ Republic Of Cincinnati!
                          Gotta beat the line for dinner at Primanti Brothers.
                          Brent Wyrick
                          92 Final Four Front Row
                          @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by London 'Cat View Post

The officials were BigXII officials. We may see more of the same this season.
                            Meant the announcers, sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnFrancis View Post
                              Watched the UC-Pitt broadcast on CW from my residence in east TN...I thought the play-by-play and analyst were very good, not ACC homers at all, very even content about UC and Big 12 v. Pitt and ACC. They mentioned all the University of Florida ties to players on both teams, talked about the Dingle family, UC's football successes over the last couple of years - I enjoyed it although not at Dan Hoard level!!!
                              I don’t know about that. Seemed to me they were
                              rooting awfully hard for Pitt. Maybe that was in hopes of
                              keeping the game interesting, I dunno.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnFrancis View Post
                                Totally agree. The announcer are broadcasting ACC so a little bias is expected, but i thought they did a great job. Very informative and the camera work was very good. Definitely a good watching experience for the CW.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X