No announcement yet.

Time for QB change?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wanted a QB change the day someone transferred in. I was on target.

Comment

Originally posted by Geaux Juan View Post
      I found this earlier this year and thought that I would wait and see, especially since it was written from a UoL perspective.

Well, I think I've seen enough.

BOZICH | Brohm fixing Louisville QB room that mystified Satterfield | Sports | wdrb.com
      That is an eye-opener of an article. It is clear that E. Jones is NOT a high-level D1 QB, but neither is Lichteburg. Lichteburg appears to have a weak throwing arm. Sadly, E. Jones probably does give UC its best chance to win. Also, whomever coaches the DBs probably should be given some other assignments and let someone else coach the defensive backfield. Lastly, Satterfield needs to give up the play calling duties. His play calling is one of the reasons that UC cannot score in the red zone. No imagination or very little.

Comment

I feel like we just hired Ralph Staub and we don’t have a plan. Maybe I’m wrong, but I don’t see this team or program getting better. Why not make some changes?
        We need some enthusiasm of this team and I don’t see it with the current QB. Reports of benching players just leads to attitude and complacency. I for one am stunned

Comment

Hey ya'll what if the Brady Bunch isn't better than EJ? Regardless of the redshirt situation with Drogosh what if Satterfield is actually right? Maybe we just have a bad QB room
          Last edited by Lobot; 10-19-2023, 09:43 PM.
          Brent Wyrick
          92 Final Four Front Row
          @LobotC2DFW

Comment

I know we’re wearing this out, but did Nen enter the portal because Satt wanted a option type QB? Seems that style didn’t benefit him at Loserville. As soon as spring ball concluded Ben was our shopping. He was very serviceable a year ago. Also why were this two backups recruited if they had no potential. Something is amiss

Comment

Originally posted by JBB View Post
              I know we’re wearing this out, but did Nen enter the portal because Satt wanted a option type QB? Seems that style didn’t benefit him at Loserville. As soon as spring ball concluded Ben was our shopping. He was very serviceable a year ago. Also why were this two backups recruited if they had no potential. Something is amiss
              Both of the top two backups were recruited by the prior staff. Lichtenberg played a bit in the Fenway Bowl, but we really have no idea of his potential. Drogosh came in highly rated, and the current staff stayed with him. But he's a true freshman. Not many of those do well, particularly in a strong league while trying to operate behind a cobbled-together O-line.

Sticking with Jones makes sense under those circumstances.

Comment

The Athletic ranked Jones at #10 of 30 6th-year-senior QBs. Commentary was only his W-L records at his stops. Ben Bryant was #20. https://theathletic.com/4967146/2023...ar-senior-qbs/ ($$)

Comment

Originally posted by swilsonsp4 View Post

Both of the top two backups were recruited by the prior staff. Lichtenberg played a bit in the Fenway Bowl, but we really have no idea of his potential. Drogosh came in highly rated, and the current staff stayed with him. But he's a true freshman. Not many of those do well, particularly in a strong league while trying to operate behind a cobbled-together O-line.

Sticking with Jones makes sense under those circumstances.
                  We got beat by a true freshman QB last week
                  Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

Originally posted by Carin's Dad View Post
                    The Athletic ranked Jones at #10 of 30 6th-year-senior QBs. Commentary was only his W-L records at his stops. Ben Bryant was #20. https://theathletic.com/4967146/2023...ar-senior-qbs/ ($$)
                    Number 10 of the 30 6th year QBs translates to number what? of the 130 FBS QBs? Besides 11 on this list has already lost his starting job at NC State, and so did the guy at Pitt (#16). I mean some portion of these guys transferred because the guy behind him was better, and some transferred because they were very good on a bad team. Florida had better guys behind Emory. ASU was definitely a bad team, but was the guy behind him better?

Comment

Originally posted by red_n_black_attack View Post

We got beat by a true freshman QB last week
                      Rocco Becht is a red-shirt freshman. He's had a year in the system.

Comment

I think our OL, while not performing great, has been capable enough & given Emory adequate time on many throws. He just isn’t accurate with moderate pressure. I know Lichtenberg only had 7 or so minutes but I wasn’t impressed. After reading that article, maybe Satterfield isn’t the best QB room overseer?

Comment

Please change the QB

Comment

Why not make a change at this point? Let Brady play and see what he can do for us.

Comment

Originally posted by BearcatJon View Post
                              Why not make a change at this point? Let Brady play and see what he can do for us.
                              No a why not, but my why is twofold: One we know what he has and what he has to work on. Secondly, it may be the difference in him sticking around or entering the transfer portal.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X