No announcement yet.

West Virginia 11/18 2:30 ESPN+

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For me, the thing was all the pundits picking us preseason to go 4-8 on the season and do poorly in conference play. I think the expectations from the fan base were that those predictions were low. With the coaching change, transfers, decommits and a step up in conference, we should have been much more realistic with our expectations for this team. With one to go we're 3-8 and doing poorly in conference just like most of the pundits predicted. Keep in mind we didn't even play a ranked Texas or K-State this season (or Tech and TCU).

I feel bad for our seniors and other players who were in Arlington 3 years ago. This is not what they had in mind going out the door. I hope fans will show up early for the Kansas game on Saturday to see those guys off. In addition, it might also be the last we'll see of the Godfather as he is draft eligible after the season. If he comes back he's a hero but there's a lot of money on the table in the NFL.

I hope that the fans will give some credit to Justin Harris in particular. This is the guy who stood on the Peach Bowl field and watched UGA celebrate because he wanted to get to that level. He fought through a really bad neck injury to get back on the field this season under less than optimal roster circumstances. He did the best he could with what he had left. I think he deserves applause this Saturday for fighting through it all.
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
      For me, the thing was all the pundits picking us preseason to go 4-8 on the season and do poorly in conference play. I think the expectations from the fan base were that those predictions were low. With the coaching change, transfers, decommits and a step up in conference, we should have been much more realistic with our expectations for this team. With one to go we're 3-8 and doing poorly in conference just like most of the pundits predicted. Keep in mind we didn't even play a ranked Texas or K-State this season (or Tech and TCU).

I feel bad for our seniors and other players who were in Arlington 3 years ago. This is not what they had in mind going out the door. I hope fans will show up early for the Kansas game on Saturday to see those guys off. In addition, it might also be the last we'll see of the Godfather as he is draft eligible after the season. If he comes back he's a hero but there's a lot of money on the table in the NFL.

I hope that the fans will give some credit to Justin Harris in particular. This is the guy who stood on the Peach Bowl field and watched UGA celebrate because he wanted to get to that level. He fought through a really bad neck injury to get back on the field this season under less than optimal roster circumstances. He did the best he could with what he had left. I think he deserves applause this Saturday for fighting through it all.
      I understand about realistic expectations. That is one thing, but the excrement which we actually watched on the field this year is another thing. A team can lose, but shouldn't lose heart and quit. I just didn't have that expectation. I am sure that the Louisville fans didn't have the expectations of a top 10 team, but they are not discouraged by having one.

Comment

The mismanagement of the QB, the lack of any imagination or aggressiveness in the play calling, yesterday’s 2
        forth and one punts -such a WTF is this moment. I remain perplexed about Satterville’s hire and more importantly his reactions to this year.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X