Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lobot
    replied
    Ourand at SBJ is indicating the total package is 400M for the conference for Tier 1 and 2 rights. This does not appear include postseason or championship cuts from those events.

The question is how this gets divided and when it takes effect. If it’s after Texas and OU depart then we’re talking 33M per school.

Leave a comment:

• swilsonsp4
    replied
    Originally posted by Lobot View Post
    The more articles I read, the higher the per school payout is. I've seen anywhere from 33M to 60M per school over the course of 5 articles. The higher the number gets, the more suspect it is IMO. I think we might get lucky to hit 40M but anything is an improvement over 7M
    The $33M being tossed around would be strictly from Disney/Fox. There are other sources of income that potentially push each school's receipts much higher.

Leave a comment:

• Lobot
    replied
    The more articles I read, the higher the per school payout is. I've seen anywhere from 33M to 60M per school over the course of 5 articles. The higher the number gets, the more suspect it is IMO. I think we might get lucky to hit 40M but anything is an improvement over 7M

Leave a comment:

• bearcatbret
    replied
    Originally posted by GangstaTakester View Post

Interesting that he believes the value of the contract will actually go up.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-fo...tter-of-weeks/
    The value may just go up because of the competition. These games will mean everything week in and week out. I suspect that Texas and Oklahoma will go the same route as Nebraska. Great money but irrelevant in terms of winning. Heck, those two teams cannot even compete in the Big 12 right now.

Leave a comment:

• GangstaTakester
    replied
    Originally posted by Lobot View Post
    Just ran across this from Ari Temkkin, an ESPNU and Kansas broadcaster……

Brett Yormark said a decision on a new TV agreement "will be made in the next week or two," with the @Big12Conference.

Seems like Big 12 could be trending towards extending current partnership with FOX and ESPN as opposed to taking rights to the open market.
    Interesting that he believes the value of the contract will actually go up.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-fo...tter-of-weeks/

Leave a comment:

• Lobot
    replied
    Just ran across this from Ari Temkkin, an ESPNU and Kansas broadcaster……

Brett Yormark said a decision on a new TV agreement "will be made in the next week or two," with the @Big12Conference.

Seems like Big 12 could be trending towards extending current partnership with FOX and ESPN as opposed to taking rights to the open market.

Leave a comment:

• Lobot
    replied
    Here's the whole interview with Yormark from yesterday.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9qOUBMpY24

Leave a comment:

• bearcatbret
    replied
    Originally posted by red_n_black_attack View Post

Giving the Big 12 all of Utah, Ohio, and Florida is a bit generous. They admittedly are the only shows in those five states, except in Texas where they compete with a very healthy A&M.
    I get that and agree with it. It is the same as giving Iowa State the entire state. I just thought it interesting to see marketing in action. However, UC had done a tremendous job in growing its fan base (winning has a way of doing that).

Leave a comment:

• red_n_black_attack
    replied
    Originally posted by bearcatbret View Post
    As it transitions from a conference defined by five states with a combined population of a little more than 40 million to one that includes eight states and a combined population of 76.5 million, the Big 12 Conference has contracted with a nationally known creative agency to “contemporize” its brand and broaden its appeal to a younger, more diverse audience.

Big 12 hires creative agency to elevate brand nationally | The Journal Record

The Big 12 just doubled its population.
    Giving the Big 12 all of Utah, Ohio, and Florida is a bit generous. They admittedly are the only shows in those five states, except in Texas where they compete with a very healthy A&M.

Leave a comment:

• Lobot
    replied
    Originally posted by swilsonsp4 View Post
    This, of course, is tongue-in-cheek, but has anyone noticed that Brett Yormark resembles Gollum from the Lord of the Rings trilogy?
    I've been trying to make this work all week and I don't see it. Lol

Leave a comment:

• bearcatbret
    replied
    As it transitions from a conference defined by five states with a combined population of a little more than 40 million to one that includes eight states and a combined population of 76.5 million, the Big 12 Conference has contracted with a nationally known creative agency to “contemporize” its brand and broaden its appeal to a younger, more diverse audience.

Big 12 hires creative agency to elevate brand nationally | The Journal Record

The Big 12 just doubled its population.

Leave a comment:

• Lobot
    replied
    A little bit more on the TV contract negotiations from Adam Zagoria. Beware of multiple ads,pop ups, etc. because Forbes

https://www.forbes.com/sites/adamzag...h=b4dfa336e818

Leave a comment:

• swilsonsp4
    replied
    This, of course, is tongue-in-cheek, but has anyone noticed that Brett Yormark resembles Gollum from the Lord of the Rings trilogy?

Leave a comment:

• GoBearcats31
    replied
    Big 12 is finalizing a scheduling model that features no divisions, protects rivalries & includes Texas & OU in 23 & 24, sources tell @SINow.

Every school would play the other at least once in 2 years, which, yes, means matchups like Houston-UT & OU-Cincy
    https://www.si.com/college/2022/10/1...ionless-format

Leave a comment:

• Lobot
    replied
    I'll say this again. If Texas and and OU can play at TCU's Amon Carter Stadium, they can play at Nippert. After the most recent expansion, Amon Carter holds 50,307 and to be honest it's a smallish stadium even at that capacity.

Leave a comment:

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X