• GoBearcats31
    replied
    OU and UT trying to get out a year early in 2024
    https://twitter.com/RossDellenger/st...11866033836034

Leave a comment:

• True Bearcat
    replied
    Originally posted by red_n_black_attack View Post
    The AAC logo has been removed from Nippert turf. Will the new Big 12 Logo need to be at 50 yard line, where we currently have C-paw?
    Part of the agreement to join the Big XII was that Carson Field at Nippert Stadium is to have the logo stretch between the 30s, and touch the sidelines.

Leave a comment:

• red_n_black_attack
    replied
    The AAC logo has been removed from Nippert turf. Will the new Big 12 Logo need to be at 50 yard line, where we currently have C-paw?

Leave a comment:

• swilsonsp4
    replied
    Per a recent interview @ Dallas Morning News, Yormark said the 2023 14-team football conference schedule will be released this mid-month. Also, talks with Gonzaga possibly to join the B12 are ongoing.
    Last edited by swilsonsp4; 12-07-2022, 07:20 PM.

Leave a comment:

• bearcatbret
    replied
    This says that Yormark reached a good deal.
    Big 12 deal to pull in just under $31.7 million for each school (usatoday.com)

And that the Big 12 got a significant raise. Big 12 agrees to new TV deal with ESPN, Fox (yahoo.com)
    Last edited by bearcatbret; 10-31-2022, 01:28 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Lobot
    replied
    McMurphy reporting that's it's 50M per school after the postseason stuff. This is actually more than the existing payout per school by 8M
    Last edited by Lobot; 11-01-2022, 05:11 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Lobot
    replied
    Originally posted by GoBearcats31 View Post
    NEWS: The Big 12 has agreed to a six-year, $2.28 billion media rights deal with ESPN and Fox Sports, per @Ourand_SBJ.

The extension will bring in $380M a year — a $160M increase from its current deal.

https://sportsbusinessjournal.com/SB...-ESPN-Fox.aspx
    My math is bad but I've got that at 31.6M per team per year not including post season money . This is an extension of the existing contract. My understanding is that the four new schools are not getting a full share until UT and OU are out. Regardless, it's way more than the AAC was giving us.

Leave a comment:

• Chewbacca2099
    replied
    Will be interesting to see the details of the deal come out... specifically what happens when we add PAC schools

Leave a comment:

• GoBearcats31
    replied
    NEWS: The Big 12 has agreed to a six-year, $2.28 billion media rights deal with ESPN and Fox Sports, per @Ourand_SBJ.

The extension will bring in $380M a year — a $160M increase from its current deal.

https://sportsbusinessjournal.com/SB...-ESPN-Fox.aspx

Leave a comment:

• bearcatbret
    replied
    Originally posted by Lobot View Post

In any case, it’s all better than 7M
    And better than the $750,000 per school in the Mack.

Leave a comment:

• Lobot
    replied
    Originally posted by swilsonsp4 View Post

My understanding is that this is being handled as an extension, with all changes occurring at the end of the current agreement.
    It’s tiered from what I learned today. We don’t get a full share until the new contract kicks in. And to your point, that’s now my understanding as well.

In any case, it’s all better than 7M

Leave a comment:

• swilsonsp4
    replied
    Originally posted by Lobot View Post
    Ourand at SBJ is indicating the total package is 400M for the conference for Tier 1 and 2 rights. This does not appear include postseason or championship cuts from those events.

The question is how this gets divided and when it takes effect. If it’s after Texas and OU depart then we’re talking 33M per school.
    My understanding is that this is being handled as an extension, with all changes occurring at the end of the current agreement.

Leave a comment:

• Lobot
    replied
    Originally posted by bearcatbret View Post
    I was really looking forward to $40M or above. I guess that there are lower tiers that may get some revenue. Also, the conference can wait for a year and reopen the negotiations.
    I think you're going to get that with the shares of postseason $ in this conference. In all sports. the $33M is strictly TV rights

Leave a comment:

• bearcatbret
    replied
    I was really looking forward to $40M or above. I guess that there are lower tiers that may get some revenue. Also, the conference can wait for a year and reopen the negotiations.

Leave a comment:

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X