X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bearcatjd
    replied
    Originally posted by Lobot View Post

This means we get a game with Texas in 2024 I would think, unless they decide to be weasels again.
    With Texas leaving how can they dictate what games they want to play & where? They should have zero say so in the scheduling.

Leave a comment:

• Lobot
    replied
    Originally posted by GoBearcats31 View Post
    @PeteThamel

Sources: The effort for Oklahoma and Texas to leave the Big 12 a year early and join the SEC in 2024 has stalled and at this point is unlikely to come to fruition.

Texas and Oklahoma will join the SEC in 2025, as parties couldn’t come to terms amid a complex negotiation between two schools (OU/Texas), two networks (ESPN/FOX) and the Big 12.
    This means we get a game with Texas in 2024 I would think, unless they decide to be weasels again.

Leave a comment:

• GoBearcats31
    replied
    @PeteThamel

Sources: The effort for Oklahoma and Texas to leave the Big 12 a year early and join the SEC in 2024 has stalled and at this point is unlikely to come to fruition.

Texas and Oklahoma will join the SEC in 2025, as parties couldn’t come to terms amid a complex negotiation between two schools (OU/Texas), two networks (ESPN/FOX) and the Big 12.

Leave a comment:

• swilsonsp4
    replied
    B12 presidents & ADs will meet tomorrow to discuss various issues, mostly surrounding further expansion, as well as how to handle the departures of OK/TX. Gonzaga apparently on the agenda.

Gonzaga's candidacy, Pac-12's future, Texas and Oklahoma exit plans on deck with Big 12 brass set to meet - CBSSports.com

Leave a comment:

• Lobot
    replied
    Can we move the schedule discussion and predictions here please :

https://vb.bearcatnews.com/forum/foo...-2023-schedule

Thx.

Leave a comment:

• red_n_black_attack
    replied
    Originally posted by bearcatbret View Post

Are you really serious?
    Yeah. Are you seeing more or less wins?

Leave a comment:

• bearcatbret
    replied
    Originally posted by red_n_black_attack View Post
    I don't see many conference wins next year, and only two non-conference wins. I see a potential for more wins if everything clicks just right, but too many questions. Six wins total and minor Bowl Game would be a success
    Are you really serious?

Leave a comment:

• red_n_black_attack
    replied
    I don't see many conference wins next year, and only two non-conference wins. I see a potential for more wins if everything clicks just right, but too many questions. Six wins total and minor Bowl Game would be a success

Leave a comment:

• Chewbacca2099
    replied
    No Texas unfortunately... but we do get OU at home which is pretty cool. https://twitter.com/Big12Conference/...448960/photo/1

Leave a comment:

• Lobot
    replied
    It's going to be intetesting to see if the schedule actually comes out today. There's a fairly ugly ice storm going on in the Dallas area right now. Hope they weren't planning on a live press conference that no one can drive to, because the city is mostly shut down this morning.
    Last edited by Lobot; 01-31-2023, 10:55 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Lobot
    replied
    TCU jumped the gun but we don’t play them… the mystery continues

Leave a comment:

• GoBearcats31
    replied
    Schedule drops Tuesday at 2 ET

Leave a comment:

• Lobot
    replied
    Well in other conference news, Texas is having a hissy fit about having to play in the stadiums of the new teams in the conference and that's why the schedule isn't out yet apparently. This had been the rumor for about a week or so.

https://www.oklahoman.com/story/spor...c/69848875007/

We have this gem from the UC Media folks. Guess the Schedule and register to win season tickets and other prizes.

https://gobearcats.com/sports/2021/6...tball-schedule

Leave a comment:

• bearcatbret
    replied
    The picks of the Big 12 out of all 131 FBS football teams? Well, all of them are in the top half and UC is not quite in the top half of the Big 12. Where did the Big 12 land in College Football News first look 1-131 rankings for 2023? (msn.com)

Leave a comment:

• red_n_black_attack
    replied
    Originally posted by bearcatbret View Post
    It appears that the 8 remaining Big 12 members "are donating some of their revenue" to the four new teams. Early exits for Texas, Oklahoma could help Big 12 repay members that agreed to diluted revenue upon expansion (msn.com)
    I understood the media rights deal included a clause to increase the deal when Big 12 expanded. For some reason I seem to recall that was in the ESPN deal and not in the Fox deal, but Fox agreed to the clause to screw ESPN; therefore the tv money shares would be paid by networks. Then the new schools would only get a prorated portion for two years and the extra would be used by the league to hire additional staff and referees to cover the four schools or the extra actually went to the remaining schools (including OU and UT-Austin). As to the fees for OU and UT-Austin leaving early, those go to the league and orginal 8 schools (or at least that is what I thought I saw in all of the various reports).

Leave a comment:

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X